IGNORED

Case-Grande - New Deal (to 2026)

Davefevs

Excellent news, it's a position that can cost you a lot of money for a minimum amount of difference in performance, it's great that we have several young keepers on the books that are considered to have great potential. 

Just now, Pip King said:

I thought Case-Grande was something people ordered at Starbucks 

Or a posh estate agents. :) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Trying to look cool as lots of young lads do………..even I tried once but I couldn’t quite mange it.

Mange is a skin disease that affects mammals caused by microscopic mites that burrow into skin.

If anyone was going to mange it,. ....

• Haha 7

This feels like foreboding news for Harvey Wiles-Richards and potentially Bajic. 

Joe Duncan is very highly rated and is the next batch below Casa-Grande. I’d be thinking that there may be some engagement with the first team (even as third choice) in the next year or two for both and with that being the case, it’d seem to me that HWR would need to have a huge uptick to remain at his place in the pecking order. Bajic doesn’t seem close to displacing Max (and nor should he currently) and if he has a couple of further contenders coming up behind him he may look to move on as opposed to sitting as number two for a season before potentially being displaced.

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This feels like foreboding news for Harvey Wiles-Richards and potentially Bajic. 

Joe Duncan is very highly rated and is the next batch below Casa-Grande. I’d be thinking that there may be some engagement with the first team (even as third choice) in the next year or two for both and with that being the case, it’d seem to me that HWR would need to have a huge uptick to remain at his place in the pecking order. Bajic doesn’t seem close to displacing Max (and nor should he currently) and if he has a couple of further contenders coming up behind him he may look to move on as opposed to sitting as number two for a season before potentially being displaced.

I always thought Will Buse looked like the better prospect of all the up and coming keepers. Admittedly from little I saw him.

Anyone know if he is getting into team at Yeovil? Would hope he’s a few levels above NLS. 

10 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

I always thought Will Buse looked like the better prospect of all the up and coming keepers. Admittedly from little I saw him.

Anyone know if he is getting into team at Yeovil? Would hope he’s a few levels above NLS. 

Looks like he's been in and out, odd for a keeper but I'm not sure if he's had injuries.

Screenshot2024-02-16at15_48_45.png.3972458836fd83ab4101413dc60a3864.png

Screenshot2024-02-16at15_49_08.png.a2e280b6aea2653bb2aec3ff863fe7ef.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Thought he’d been on loan at Taunton & not got a regular spot there.

Agree with @Silvio Dante Piercy alluded to Bajic possibly moving on this summer & Wiles-Richards apparently has told people he thinks he’s being released.

This lad & Duncan are clearly very highly rated, Lewis Thomas is presumably seen as the experienced third keeper just in case.

Wonder if either might make the bench this season late on once it is effectively over.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

No idea how true this is but someone - forget who - said on here that HWR had said something to them that indicated he knew his contract wasn't being renewed. Worth bearing in mind that he's only six months younger than Bajic so the odds of him displacing even our second choice goalkeeper seem unlikely.

I think Bajic's a bit harder to work out because a no 2. goalkeeper often doesn't get games until they suddenly displace their rival (if at all) so it's hard to gauge how far behind Max he is. But - whilst he provokes a fair bit of debate on here - Max is doing more than enough to keep his place at the moment so it's hard to see him getting a chance. I certainly wouldn't be shocked if Bajic left for more game time elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Trying to look cool as lots of young lads do………..even I tried once but I couldn’t quite mange it.

Difficult when cameras hadn't been invented I'd imagine

1 hour ago, Pip King said:

I thought Case-Grande was something people ordered at Starbucks 

I thought you had to swim it to get into USA from Mexico

• Haha 2

Starting to look as if height could be a factor in City future goalkeeper. Josey is listed as 6'3"" while new signing Isaac Finch is 6'4"at just 17. Not sure about the heights of Duncan and Boyd but I suspect the latter is under 6' like HWR so that may not bode well if we go by the adage that a good big'un is better than a good littl'un. 

14 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Starting to look as if height could be a factor in City future goalkeeper. Josey is listed as 6'3"" while new signing Isaac Finch is 6'4"at just 17. Not sure about the heights of Duncan and Boyd but I suspect the latter is under 6' like HWR so that may not bode well if we go by the adage that a good big'un is better than a good littl'un. 

I think I am right in saying that Duncan is already over 6ft with some growing to do. If that's right then Max is/ will soon be our smallest keeper at 6-1. 

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What does that even mean 😂 he’s just looking to his left in a pose he’s obviously been told to do 

It means that he’s posing and trying to cool and well ‘ard - just as lots of young lads do.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It means that he’s posing and trying to cool and well ‘ard - just as lots of young lads do.

What is he “trying to cool?” His shirt? I guess you meant “look” cool?

What with this & “mange” earlier in this thread have you ever thought of maybe proofreading your posts before pressing “submit reply”?

Wouldn’t make any more sense but at least then they’d be coherent.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Boyd is a big lad. A good 2/3 inches taller than SPH, who is down as 6 1

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If he really wanted to look cool and hard surely he'd grow his hair like a girl, wear flares and a denim jacket, and tie a silk City scarf around each wrist?

Pretty sure it worked for me at about his age. :whistle2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3