IGNORED

Ipswich away

MattWSM

Forget going by train. 8.00pm ko means a 9.45 finish if no stoppage time. 

9.44pm train out of Ipswich changing at Stratford and Paddington gets you back to Temple Meads at 01.15am

10.43pm train gets you back at 7.15 Wednesday morning. 5 hour wait at Paddington.

It's games like this - ones that are a long way away, and hard to get home from - that the club could step up if they wanted to.

If there is a genuine feeling that play-offs are a chance, however small, then subsidise coach travel for those willing to make a 10hr round trip.

Match tix are £32

Make it tix and travel for £40 and put on 10 coaches from the off. 550 seats minimum for fans who want to go. Add extra coaches if the interest is there.

If the club think promotion is an option - get as many fans as possible to as many games as possible

At £40 fans are still chucking in £440 towards offsetting a coach hire fee.

I'd reckon any hire company would do a 'good price' for 8+ coaches in this economic climate.

If City want a good following, this is the price they have to pay.

2p

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Lots of reasons we will only take 400 fans. Surely its the same distance as it was for them mid-week in October. Bigger club? yes of course and going well under Ashton and McKenna but they brought thousands; sadly no comparison

Nobody is disputing they are a bigger club but they are new to this league same as Plymouth so these grounds are new experiences.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Lots of reasons we will only take 400 fans. Surely its the same distance as it was for them mid-week in October. Bigger club? yes of course and going well under Ashton and McKenna but they brought thousands; sadly no comparison

Go and find out how much they used to bring here whilst stagnating in midtable with home crowds of no more than 16k or 17k

There's a fair comparison

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Will look forward to some of the pictures when you are at the ground or are you a do as I say not as I do kinda person 

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

They are a bigger club than us but the club has been on a real upward trajectory in the last couple of years. That will play a massive part l

I can’t remember them bringing thousands when they were managed by Mick McCarthy and coming mid-table every season. 

Now if we are making comparisons - that’s exactly where we find ourselves now. We are in a very similar position to what they were under Big Mick 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Now if we are making comparisons - that’s exactly where we find ourselves now. We are in a very similar position to what they were under Big Mick 

And even with that our home attendances and our travelling support has been absolutely fantastic.

I'm not gonna sit here and suggest out support is the best but I often hear clubs talk about how great their support is but that's usually because their clubs are doing well on the pitch.

The real test is when clubs aren't doing so well and I think with that in mind our support outweighs many other clubs if they were in our position. 

• Like 1