IGNORED

The elephant in the room

W-S-M Seagull

9 hours ago, RedRoss said:

Don't worry just ignore it. Every new user on here who isn't wholly negative is called a BS employee. Unfortunately this place resembles the paranoia of gaschat when they accuse everyone of being a city fan.

Unfortunately, OTIB was infiltrated by Bristol Sport EMPLOYEES the day Pearson was sacked! This was proved!

Each rubbishing Pearson in a shocking way while being paid by Bristol Sport!

Typical of crayon boy and snake who obviously knew there would be a backlash to his sacking!

Those employees need to have a bloody good look at themselves as do us supporters. 

Putin esq propaganda has no place within our club. This is just yet another reason that I will NOT renew my season ticket!

62 years man and boy and never felt so disheartened about the club.

2 things life has taught me....

I don't suffer fools gladly.

I can't tolerate liars.

• Flames 5

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

Unfortunately, OTIB was infiltrated by Bristol Sport EMPLOYEES the day Pearson was sacked! This was proved!

Typical of crayon boy and snake who obviously knew there would be a backlash to his sacking!

Those employees need to have a bloody good look at themselves as do us supporters. 

Putin esq propaganda has no place within our club. This is just yet another reason that I will NOT renew my season ticket!

I can't tolerate liars.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

22 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Agreed Mr P, only one I can think of at present but he drives me nuts more than impresses me !

He's definitely frustrating Natch. Also who knows how sustained as when he first entered he was exciting, but woodwork 2-3 times iirc.

Feel sorry for whoever is behind him at fullback too, Mehmeti's defensive work..can be sketchy.

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I loved that the keepers used to take Wendy around for a stroll. People used to give her buns which they said was unhealthy but she lived a long long life.

Buns = Happiness.

Happiness = Long life. 

😊

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gaseater said:

Mehmeti, Williams, Tanner, Roberts, Knight have improved under Manning, that’s not to say that Pearson didn’t get a tune out of them, he did…..but they have improved in my view. 

Knight may have more goals, would have to check but in his younger days at Derby he did chip in with some.

With the exception of Mehmeti the jury is out.

Indeed, Tanner..to what extent Manning and what to what extent having to push a bit further in all areas as McCrorie was finally back?

57 minutes ago, Gaseater said:

His sacking wasn’t a disgrace, he was the 2nd longest serving manager in the league and there were plenty of occasions where he could’ve been sacked previously, Pearson said so himself. The sacking was harsh and the lack of investment after Scott sale shows the club didn’t feel he was going to be here long term - harsh but fair. I liked Pearson and think he did a good job in rebuilding the club, but he also failed to get the best out of a number of players who are now improving under Manning. I would’ve loved the Pearson from 10 years ago, but thaT  wasn’t to be….the notion that his sacking was “a disgrace” is well OTT though. 

Why do I feel like I've read this post a thousand times before? 

Is it a copy and paste job? 

27 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

He cant lose can he

If he is wrong it means City are doing well

If he is right He can say "I told you so"

I have a feeling He wants it to be the latter 

I so want to be wrong. 

I go to every game with my kids. They've never seen us have any sort of success. It's been a hard sell at times but we relentlessly go. I want to be able to experience running on the pitch celebrating promotion with my kids. That's the dream of mine. 

I want to be able to take my kids to watch us challange ourselves against the best teams in the world home and away. I want them priceless memories. 

You won't here me saying "I told you so" it would be more like "We've lost another good opportunity and wasted more time" because that's how I see it. 

If anyone actually wants Bristol City to do badly so they can be right on a forum then they need their heads seeing to. For me it's all about us being successful. I don't spend over a grand a year to be able to say on a forum "I was right" I'd be surprised if anyone did. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 4

31 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I can't tolerate liars.

Thanks for proving the point.

Like I said some are as paranoid as the gas of 'ted' infiltration on gaschat.

It's very weird.

• Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You can keep trying to frame this as me having an agenda and that it's all about Nigel Pearson as much as you like. It doesn't make it true Tim. That shows your own agenda doesnt it? All you're trying to do is to create a smokescreen because you don't like the uncomfortable truths being spoken about. So you have to try and attack and belittle me in order to try to get me to stop talking about them.

Why do you and others like you have an inability to accept that fans have a genuine concern with how the club is run from the top down? Why is that an alien concept for you? Why does football fans caring about the club they pay to support, bother you so much? 

Once Pearson went I quickly moved on to who the replacement would be. From day one I said Manning was the wrong replacement and after 18 league games that opinion of mine has got even more robust. 

It was OK of course for me to be pissed off with JL, BT and GM about the ridiculous decision to sack a manager after a defeat to Ipswich and defeat to Cardiff with barely 11 fit first team players and to then also have a separate opinion on the replacement. 

Those two things are not mutually exclusive. But for some reason to you they are. 

Had we of appointed a manager that fitted the squad we have and then improved us, I'd not be posting this thread. 

I'm talking about the here and the now and the position we find ourselves in. My general observations is the only ones that keep talking about Pearson is those who were anti Pearson. 

It's hard to take posts like yours seriously when it's clear it's dripping in bias around your dislike for the previous manager. You want Manning to be a success because you want to be right about Pearson. I want Manning to be a success because I want success for Bristol City. That's the difference. 

Can we please stop with this bs about none of us actually thought we had a top 6 side. You're using that to play down Mannings underwhelming record. 

I posted a poll on here on Aug 3rd asking where posters where they think we'd finish

Here's the results -

Automatic - 1.82%

Play offs - 23.36% 

7th - 12th - 65.69%

13th - 21st - 8.76%

Relegation - 0.36%

The vast majority expected an improvement on last season. 

Please feel free to go back and look at the comments.

Why are you comparing Pearsons start here with Mannings? It's an incompatible comparison. 

It's already been discussed in this thread. Pearson came in and we were possibly heading for relegation with a shite squad that had many issues. The expectations were different. 

Manning came in and he had an oven ready squad to take it forward. He's failed to do that. Everything was in place for him to do that. He didn't need to come in and build a culture or improve the squad's fitness etc. It was all there. It does you no favours trying to suggest the two situations were similar when in fact it was night and day. The fact you're suggesting they are similar says a lot about your agenda. 

This is the team that played in the game Vs Boro when Pearson took over

Bentley - Kalas - Mariappa- Vyner - Towler - Nagy - Bakinson - Palmer - Hunt - Wells - Diedhiou 

To suggest that team is better than the one we have now to try and get the violins out for Manning is probably the most ridiculous thing I've read on here. Once again, I have to ask myself why are you saying that team is better? When it clearly wasn't. 

Pearson earned the right to have a pre season. All of us accepted that we needed to undergo a rebuild and patience was required. 

Most of us will agree that Pearson was successful with the rebuild at the same time as avoiding ffp punishment. 

Why are you providing random blocks of games in entirely different circumstances? Did Nigel have that oven ready squad then? No, so it's irrelevant. 

The only blocks relevant is this sesson once the reset had happened. 

This season 

Pearson

1st block of 9 - 12 points 3 wins

Next 5 games - 6 points 2 wins. Some may want to include the win Vs Sheffield Wed in that. 

You often ignore the context of how we had lots of injuries etc. 

Manning

1st block of 9 - 14 points 4 wins

2nd block of 9 - 9 points 2 wins

You also ignore the context that Manning has had greater squad availability. 

You can try and frame me as being biased all you want. But the cold hard facts are posted above which show that rather than me being biased, it's infact yourself. 

My post was about Manning and the future of Bristol City, you've made it about Pearson. Go figure. 

P.s I very clearly said in my post that the elephant in the room is about the summer. That doesn't get discussed on here. 

You said Pearsons name 14 times in that post.

5 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

If it's fact, Go on prove it.

4 minutes ago, Gaseater said:

They can’t because it’s complete Thicko bollocks.

When a lot of new members signed up post Nige's sacking, i think the Admin team explained that some or at least one had signed up using their Bristol Sport email address.

Happy to be corrected if that wasn't the case.

• Like 4

Just now, Gazred said:

When a lot of new members signed up post Nige's sacking, i think the Admin team explained that some or at least one had signed up using their Bristol Sport email address.

Happy to be corrected if that wasn't the case.

They also confirmed some used their real names which could be traced back to Bristol Sport.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Thanks for proving the point.

Like I said some are as paranoid as the gas of 'ted' infiltration on gaschat.

It's very weird.

That wasn't proving your point. 

It happened. 

No 'conspiracy theory'. 

Just conspiracy. 

1 minute ago, Gaseater said:

Who were the people?? What were their names.

I don't know. 

But the admins do.

Who were the people?? What were their names.

Unless you're talking about bun suppliers... 🤣

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 1

No mate im not a Bristol sport employee honest guv, innocent until proven guilty….no names then sounds like any otib conspiracy theory. Anyone who is stupid enough to use their real Bristol sport email should be named and shamed.

What I take from this is that you are a BS employee, but you weren't stupid enough to not cover your tracks. 

Well done. You are too intelligent for your corporation. 👍