IGNORED

Ross McCrorie

Silvio Dante

With how it has panned out in recent games this season is now a bit of a free hit for him.

He can use the time to get used to the league, work on his match fitness & with George Tanner in good form, challenge him for the RB spot.

Was told at the time that this was really serious & the risk of infection high, great to see him come out the other side & about 4-6 weeks ahead of schedule too.

25 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Ross has certainly got all the makings of being a real fans favourite. Hopefully will be here for a good few seasons.

Probably only a couple of poor games before people start suggesting a League 1 loan for him though. :whistle:

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

Or we just realise that anyway! 

Some of us do. 
I agree with Major. Some of the abuse hurled at players (verbal and written) for a mid-placed pass or missing an open goal/penalty can be over the top. These are not much more than kids - very well paid yes (therein lies the problem IMHO because people see the salary not the person), but kids/young men nonetheless. 
good luck to Ross - he seems to be through his illness and I wish him all the best. 

1 minute ago, bcfcredandwhite said:
Edited by bcfcredandwhite
  • Like 1

Great effort from Ross to have got himself back 2 months ahead of schedule, how many players would have taken it easy at the rate their club were saying was advisable.

Equally, they've taken some knocks on here and elsewhere from time to time but huge credit to our physio/medical department those who are here now and those who departed to even help Ross save his career

• Like 2
  • Robin 3

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

With how it has panned out in recent games this season is now a bit of a free hit for him.

He can use the time to get used to the league, work on his match fitness & with George Tanner in good form, challenge him for the RB spot.

Was told at the time that this was really serious & the risk of infection high, great to see him come out the other side & about 4-6 weeks ahead of schedule too.

Well, yes… the problem was an infection.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

As Ron is one of our own, I wonder if we can expect a player profile on SSN every week?

I’d love to say yes but the Great British public are still taking some convincing to a weekly City profile.

This was the contracted interview for the Southampton game, which the club kindly also put Andrew up for.

There’s no guarantee these stories will even get airtime if something big comes along, but fortunately the producer working last night loved Ross’ story and put it in the running order.

It’s never a perfect gauge but meeting Ross on Tuesday he seems like one of football’s genuinely good guys and everyone I spoke to at City about him couldn’t speak highly enough of him. So at the very least, we’ve got a good egg in the dressing room.

• Like 16

McCrorie is a brave and strong individual. He has a good personality and has overcome what sounds like a really painful injury/illness that would have crushed many a lesser man.

He has the potential to achieve great things with our club and I’m sure we all wish the best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ron W said:

I’d love to say yes but the Great British public are still taking some convincing to a weekly City profile.

This was the contracted interview for the Southampton game, which the club kindly also put Andrew up for.

There’s no guarantee these stories will even get airtime if something big comes along, but fortunately the producer working last night loved Ross’ story and put it in the running order.

It’s never a perfect gauge but meeting Ross on Tuesday he seems like one of football’s genuinely good guys and everyone I spoke to at City about him couldn’t speak highly enough of him. So at the very least, we’ve got a good egg in the dressing room.

Bet you were in dreamland at HPC. Great work mate.

• Like 1