IGNORED

Embarrassing…

Generous assessment. 
Think Manning needs to rip the coaching manual jargon out of his backside and get on with some proper man management to get these players up for games. 
Im sure we’ll hear all about behaviours and control later, or ‘how we want it to look like’, all utter jargon and absolute nonsense. 
Ah well, now we need to make sure we get another 6 points from somewhere……!! 🙄

Edited by nickolas
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

37 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Generous assessment. 
Think Manning needs to rip the coaching manual jargon out of his backside and get on with some proper man management to get these players up for games. 
Im sure we’ll hear all about behaviours and control later, or ‘how we want it to look like’, all utter jargon and absolute nonsense. 

I don’t think it’s players not up for today, that’s an easy excuse.  I saw lots of running, just not as a team.  The game-plan didn’t work, whether that’s because the players didn’t execute or it was the wrong game-plan.  Whatever the reason, if it’s not working you either give it a bit of time or you change it.  LM decided to let it roll all first half.

He tried personnel changes at h-t and the remedy.  It didn’t really do much better, so I’m falling in game-plan being wrong.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Its not hard to predict we would get turned over by qpr and sheff weds, cardiff will beat us as well, and we will look decent again against swansea. Chapter 2 of the coaching manual explains how to play against physical battling teams, but liam hasnt got that far yet

To be fair, Chapter 2 has never existed in the Bristol Edition. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Its not hard to predict we would get turned over by qpr and sheff weds, cardiff will beat us as well, and we will look decent again against swansea. Chapter 2 of the coaching manual explains how to play against physical battling teams, but liam hasnt got that far yet

What are you referring to?

8 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

This has been a problem for the last 4 or 5 seasons and goes back way before Mannings time. If you take Dickie out of the current team, we are a small side by Championship standards. We have never really replaced the likes of Flint, Baker, Pack and Diedhiou.

56 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Generous assessment. 

This all comes back to recruiting a coach who likes being on the training pitch but who is clearly poor as a manager pitchside when his pre-made plans don’t work. He just seems massively naive!

I have to caveat this with there’s been some very good performances, fa cup games and Southampton for example - and I’ve seen in some games improvements in passing and patterns of play.

That said, today was absolutely dreadful. There’s another thread about soft City being back and I think that nails it but there’s more to it.

There were several times today where there was a 50/50 or 40/60 that could have been one with a bit of desire and big tackle, and every single time we bottled it. 

Forst half we played continuous long balls but there was no cohesion, sometimes mehmeti came short ans the ball went long, others where Conway set off and we waited and waited then played the ball when it was no longer on.

Seconf half got even worse, we were so so predictable it was painful to watch. When there’s only 1 forward pass on and a backwards one it’s so easy to defend against.

I don’t want to go over the top with a defeat but that was a throwback to the McInnes / SOD era

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

I have to caveat this with there’s been some very good performances, fa cup games and Southampton for example - and I’ve seen in some games improvements in passing and patterns of play.

That said, today was absolutely dreadful. There’s another thread about soft City being back and I think that nails it but there’s more to it.

There were several times today where there was a 50/50 or 40/60 that could have been one with a bit of desire and big tackle, and every single time we bottled it. 

Forst half we played continuous long balls but there was no cohesion, sometimes mehmeti came short ans the ball went long, others where Conway set off and we waited and waited then played the ball when it was no longer on.

Seconf half got even worse, we were so so predictable it was painful to watch. When there’s only 1 forward pass on and a backwards one it’s so easy to defend against.

I don’t want to go over the top with a defeat but that was a throwback to the McInnes / SOD era

We have had good games, but only against teams that let you play a bit and allow some space to play in. That is the problem , teams have seen that and we needed to beat teams that restrict space or shut it down, our coach doesn't seem to have that in his locker .

That we didn't win those 50/50s is a terrible thing to say, but it is true and painful. Winning those tackles can change a game, not bothering helps a team drift . 

I don't get Mannings fascination with Mehmeti .  I hesitate to write this as it seems like I have a vendetta , but he is incredibly frustrating. Wandered around, ignored any overlaps , only passing when he has to . Summed up his day when Tommy closed the keeper so he had one player to pass to, AM was slow and just eventually jogged over and they played out. It can't help players attitudes if they see him playing each week however little he does. Same with Roberts , a couple of good games but gets dropped for a clearly unfit Pring. That really sends a message .

Manning did say we were better 2nd half, that was always going to happen as they had something to hold on to, but even down to 10 when hardly created anything, in fact they had the best chance of the game when they had 10 men. 

It's worrying that 2 relegation threatened teams have so easily done a number on us, we have been sussed and our Coach doesn't seem to know what to do to change things. 

The only thing is, it may save me some money by taking away the urge to go to away games . 

• Like 1