IGNORED

SL - no interview this season

Shauntaylor85

Come on Steve, come on to Radio Bristol and speak to the fans. We want to hear from you and how you are measuring the progress of the club because it certainly feels we are wading in mid table treacle and even worse, our form in last 10 games is bottom 5, relegation material. Something isn’t right. Every season we have heard from SL, it feels strange aside from the Scott quote when we sold him for a record fee that nothing official. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Facepalm 4

13 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Come on Steve, come on to Radio Bristol and speak to the fans. We want to hear from you and how you are measuring the progress of the club because it certainly feels we are wading in mid table treacle and even worse, our form in last 10 games is bottom 5, relegation material. Something isn’t right. Every season we have heard from SL, it feels strange aside from the Scott quote when we sold him for a record fee that nothing official. 

6 minutes ago, Street red said:

Jon Lansdown is running the show now and why do you want to hear from Steve wouldn't it be the same old same old that he normally comes out with.

That is where we are. SL is happy with his other hobbies. JL is the man in the seat now. Any statement from him is going to come across as the dreaded “complete backing of the board”. I expect nothing until he has to fire the bloke!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Even that wasn't the usual, it was a section of an interview on BBC Guernsey.

Last time he addressed the fans in the usual manner in Radio Bristol was pre Burnley last April. Tended to do some sort of interview etc in August ie first Home game, and April or May final Home game. Plus at times varied bits during the season.

23 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

That is where we are. SL is happy with his other hobbies. JL is the man in the seat now. Any statement from him is going to come across as the dreaded “complete backing of the board”. I expect nothing until he has to fire the bloke!

and that could take as long as LJ if they like him, probs best to find another hobby for 12months and pop back next year see where we are rather than travelling a million miles to watch that shite

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Even that wasn't the usual, it was a section of an interview on BBC Guernsey.

Last time he addressed the fans in the usual manner in Radio Bristol was pre Burnley last April. Tended to do some sort of interview etc in August ie first Home game, and April or May final Home game. Plus at times varied bits during the season.

That’s what I am saying. Complete silence, surely he can give his view? We all know he is the ultimate approver! 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

42 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Every time he has spoken in the last 7/8 years he’s managed to say something that makes me dislike him even more, so his silence is absolutely fine by me. 

I have absolutely no interest in hearing from him or his son. 

This.

His last few interviews have consisted of him telling us how grateful we should be that he puts money in, a total lack of knowledge about the football industry & a refusal to acknowledge any mistake he’s ever made (the role of Mark Ashton, his indulgence of LJ, the ridiculous Holden appointment for starters).

Who in their right mind wants to hear more nonsense like this?

Obvious that he’s not really interested anymore & has handled over to his mediocre son.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This.

His last few interviews have consisted of him telling us how grateful we should be that he puts money in, a total lack of knowledge about the football industry & a refusal to acknowledge any mistake he’s ever made (the role of Mark Ashton, his indulgence of LJ, the ridiculous Holden appointment for starters).

Who in their right mind wants to hear more nonsense like this?

Obvious that he’s not really interested anymore & has handled over to his mediocre son.

Agree, also how many years has he been claiming to be “looking for investment”? Are we really that unattractive that no one will invest? Is he talking out of his arse and not actually seeking investment? Or does the stupid Bristol Sport folly make investment impossible? 

• Like 2
  • Robin 2

43 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Agree, also how many years has he been claiming to be “looking for investment”? Are we really that unattractive that no one will invest? Is he talking out of his arse and not actually seeking investment? Or does the stupid Bristol Sport folly make investment impossible? 

Firstly would you be keen to invest and work with the Lansdowns , but have no voice

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Firstly would you be keen to invest and work with the Lansdowns , but have no voice

No. That’s not really the point I was making though…. Why is nothing happening. I imagine in the last 10 years the majority of clubs at our level have seen a shift in ownership of sone sort. Why can SL not make it happen? 
my view is that either SL has no interest in selling or that anyone getting close to investing/buying has been put off by the BS model.  

9 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

No. That’s not really the point I was making though…. Why is nothing happening. I imagine in the last 10 years the majority of clubs at our level have seen a shift in ownership of sone sort. Why can SL not make it happen? 
my view is that either SL has no interest in selling or that anyone getting close to investing/buying has been put off by the BS model.  

I also think the "package" is off putting.

Perhaps another factor might be that Lansdown seeks to retain a controlling interest, so merely looking for an investor?

Any serious person doing proper due dilligence would want BS dismantled with the other entities as paying tenants, even if at peppercorn rents, and most importantly the Lansdowns ****** off out of it.

2 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Every time he has spoken in the last 7/8 years he’s managed to say something that makes me dislike him even more, so his silence is absolutely fine by me. 

I have absolutely no interest in hearing from him or his son. 

Hear hear. I don’t want to hear from either of them, and the questions put to them - especially since Twentyman retired - have been dire.

5 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

He's obviously not running the football side of things now, that's been handed over to Jon, he's probably focusing on the new hotel/housing development project.

I think he’s concentrating on Le Grand Mare in Guernsey.

Whilst his son is presiding over Le Grand Mare in Bristol!!!

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

He's got new toys to play with now and got bored of his old one and passed it down to his son to run it into the ground.

It's very sad to see the direction this club is heading in at the moment and it is without doubt in need of fresh blood and capital at the top.

The only consolation is that things are always worse on the other side of the river 😀

Edited by wendyredredrobin

27 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He's got new toys to play with now and got bored of his old one and passed it down to his son to run it into the ground.

It's very sad to see the direction this club is heading in at the moment and it is without doubt in need of fresh blood and capital at the top.

The only consolation is that things are always worse on the other side of the river 😀

….. and there in a nutshell is a summary of professional football in Bristol.  

We’re both shit, but we’re at a higher level and pissed far more money down the drain to achieved our higher standard of shitness.

• Robin 1

2 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Or the asking price.

• Like 1