IGNORED

The Future...

PFree

So, this Season is all but over, and it’s highly unlikely we will do anything other than finish mid-table.  When I hear all this from Sid and Lansclown about having a Top-Six side and understanding recruitment needs, I just wonder how many players the fans feel are capable of being part of a side who could push for promotion next season?

For me, players capable of being part of a promotion challenging season:

Max O’Leary - yes, but needs competition.

Ross McCrorie - yes, one of our own fighters with a strong will to win, also capable.

Cameron Pring - yes, a player who regularly shows signs of quality and who could play higher if he could stay fit.

Kal Naismith- yes, not sure what has happening but showed really quality when he did have a run in the team.

Rob Atkinson - yes, but sadly I feel injuries will always play a part in his career.

Matty James - yes, I would offer him one more season as we don’t heat have a player capable of replacing him.

Joe Williams - no, has played well since “playing for a new contract” but whilst he looks special on times, lacks consistency.

Harry Cornick - no, one of life’s friends but doesn’t offer enough in terms of end product.

Andy King - no, coaching perhaps but that’s it, playing days are behind him.

Anis Mehmeti - no, lacks an end product and doesn’t add sufficient quality overall.

Jason Knight - yes, great engine and leaves nothing on the pitch, not sure he’s a number 10 though.

Tommy Conway - yes, but he so needs an intelligent footballer alongside him.

Rob Dickie - yes, POTS for me so far.

Mark Sykes - yes, needs to play in an attacking role though.

Ayman Benarous - no, was neck and neck with Scott when they started but injuries have prevented further development.

George Tanner - no, suspect in both defence and going forward, sometimes special but often found wanting.

Sam Bell - not sure on Sam as on times looks special, would be a yes if a Manager or Coach could breed confidence in him.

Nahki Wells - no, has always been one of my favourite players, but hasn’t added sufficient value when recently given a chance.

Stefan Bajic - no, hasn’t appeared as there must be concerns around his ability.

Haydon Roberts - no, decent League 1 player for me.

Zak Vyner - yes, often looks special but needs to be taught how to play out from the back.

Scott Twine - yes, if we could get him fit, would love to see him here playing, set-plays and passing better than what we have.

Liam Manning - no, another LJ for me with his box entries and technical comments that aren’t backed, coach but not to Manage.

Lansdown Family - no, will always be grateful for everything they have done for the club, but a change at the top is well overdue, we need Bristol City back and investment into a competitive squad, the move to Bristol Sport hasn’t worked out well for anybody.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PFree said:

So, this Season is all but over, and it’s highly unlikely we will do anything other than finish mid-table.  When I hear all this from Sid and Lansclown about having a Top-Six side and understanding recruitment needs, I just wonder how many players the fans feel are capable of being part of a side who could push for promotion next season?

Ross McCrorie - yes, one of our own fighters with a strong will to win, also capable.

Cameron Pring - yes, a player who regularly shows signs of quality and who could play higher if he could stay fit.

Kal Naismith- yes, not sure what has happening but showed really quality when he did have a run in the team.

Rob Atkinson - yes, but sadly I feel injuries will always play a part in his career.

Matty James - yes, I would offer him one more season as we don’t heat have a player capable of replacing him.

Joe Williams - no, has played well since “playing for a new contract” but whilst he looks special on times, lacks consistency.

Harry Cornick - no, one of life’s friends but doesn’t offer enough in terms of end product.

Anis Mehmeti - no, lacks an end product and doesn’t add sufficient quality overall.

Jason Knight - yes, great engine and leaves nothing on the pitch, not sure he’s a number 10 though.

Ayman Benarous - no, was neck and neck with Scott when they started but injuries have prevented further development.

George Tanner - no, suspect in both defence and going forward, sometimes special but often found wanting.

Sam Bell - not sure on Sam as on times looks special, would be a yes if a Manager or Coach could breed confidence in him.

Nahki Wells - no, has always been one of my favourite players, but hasn’t added sufficient value when recently given a chance.

Stefan Bajic - no, hasn’t appeared as there must be concerns around his ability.

Zak Vyner - yes, often looks special but needs to be taught how to play out from the back.

Scott Twine - yes, if we could get him fit, would love to see him here playing, set-plays and passing better than what we have.

Liam Manning - no, another LJ for me with his box entries and technical comments that aren’t backed, coach but not to Manage.

Lansdown Family - no, will always be grateful for everything they have done for the club, but a change at the top is well overdue, we need Bristol City back and investment into a competitive squad, the move to Bristol Sport hasn’t worked out well for anybody.

The change at the top needn’t be a sale. Just tell playboy to **** *** back to his yacht and bring in a chairman that knows what he’s doing. 

Junior is Chairman because Senior says so and has now allowed him and JudgeMeOn Brian to make massive mistakes at all of our expenses. 

Anyone worth his salt could have us on track fast.

But I guess the last CEO didn’t last to long, didn’t he say we were in good hands with Nigel Pearson. That turned out well

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PFree said:

Great post  My only argument would be Tanner who I think has played really well recently after a poor start to the season

• Like 8

The future will see a very different starting 11 after this manager gets a pre season to build his own team and a proper crack at this division.

Writing was on the wall in the transfer window with very little short term business, it has always been about next season, anything else is down to poor management of expectations by the club when LM was appointed - we were never in with a crack at top 6.

Next few months will be impacted by players we are having to rely on having one eye on new contracts. 

It’s a write off for me already.

1 minute ago, NewquayRed said:

The future will see a very different starting 11 after this manager gets a pre season to build his own team and a proper crack at this division.

Writing was on the wall in the transfer window with very little short term business, it has always been about next season, anything else is down to poor management of expectations by the club when LM was appointed - we were never in with a crack at top 6.

Next few months will be impacted by players we are having to rely on having one eye on new contracts. 

It’s a write off for me already.

More upheaval, rebuild then? 🙄

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

More upheaval, rebuild then? 🙄

After the last few weeks that seems like the preferred outcome as many of this lot haven’t and aren’t up to it - question remains if the manager is but that will only be clear in about 9months.

• Hmmm 1

44 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

After the last few weeks that seems like the preferred outcome as many of this lot haven’t and aren’t up to it - question remains if the manager is but that will only be clear in about 9months.

We have a perfectly serviceable solid base for a respectable Championship side, the goal should be to keep as many as we want to keep and build on it. 

"Many of this lot haven't and aren't up to it" ??

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

I’m not so sure about that.

Obviously Max Bird will arrive & 1 of James or Williams (or possibly both) will depart.

However apart from bringing in a centre forward & a number 10 that might well be Scott Twine, I really can’t see much other transfer business being done at all.

Manning’s “own” team will therefore look remarkably like the squad we put out yesterday with a maximum of 3 additions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mason said:

Any of them which we recieve an offer of more than 50p will be gone in the next window as fast as there legs will carry them.... to clubs with ambition.

I wouldnt bet on many of them being still here in August apart from the bankers (I think thats how you spell it) Manning, Lansdowns and Tinman.

It's not how you spell it. 😏