IGNORED

A consortium consisting of Dennis Bergkamp, Henrik Larsson, Dirk Kurt, Ronald Koeman and Phillip Cocu are looking to buy a club in England

exAtyeoMax

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hence my “how geared up are we to pivot….” comment.  I don’t know either.  My gut feel is that it would be panic stations! 🤣

I agree it would be just a bit...unplanned..sudden promotion??

Panic Omg GIF

Which is Tinnion and which is Jon Lansdown..:laughcont:

Seriousishness note, Gould and Pearson I'd think that pair would take it in stride somewhat and be ambitious, but not reckless, sensible but not stifling.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

So if I want to buy the football club, stadium and HPC, that's doable.

I've got no interest in rugby, women's football, or basketball.

Certainly the football club and stadium sit under BCFC Holdings so that's a simple transaction.

Don't know about the HPC.

It's anyway going to be doable whatever the corporate structure if the money is right, though what value the remainder has is dubious.

You could maybe carve out and sell the rugby club but what would be left, Bristol Sport, basketball and women's football team, would have no value and then would presumably be wound up.

17 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Most clubs these days have a Women's side so that would be pretty unusual.

Indeed some are increasing investment in it.

I struggle to see how that is a deal-breaker. The other stuff sure.

It sits under the Football Club anyway structurally speaking. Of course that can be changed but it seems relatively small beer in the grand scheme.

9 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Certainly the football club and stadium sit under BCFC Holdings so that's a simple transaction.

Don't know about the HPC.

It's anyway going to be doable whatever the corporate structure if the money is right, though what value the remainder has is dubious.

You could maybe carve out and sell the rugby club but what would be left, Bristol Sport, basketball and women's football team, would have no value and then would presumably be wound up.

HPC is under BCFC, so under Holdings too.

image.thumb.png.fa8ba10f017cd48f9bfe712974c39114.png

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I suspect that isnt doable, as they wouldnt want the womens football set up to stand on its own with a different owner.

Or fold...

Edited by Natchfever

Just now, Natchfever said:

I suspect that isnt doable, as they wouldnt want the womens football set up to stand on its own with a different owner.

BCW is also under Holdings, as it’s under BCFC.  It is its own legal entity, so could be split out, if required.

Only my opinion, but I wouldn’t be surprised if an investor would want to keep the WFC with the Men’s.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Most clubs there days have a Women's side so that would be pretty unusual.

Indeed some are increasing investment in it.

Yes but I see rugby, basketball, and particularly women's football in Bristol (which is never going to have the investment that the top teams have) as a drain on my investment into the elements I do wish to purchase.

Just now, Davefevs said:

BCW is also under Holdings, as it’s under BCFC.  It is its own legal entity, so could be split out, if required.

Only my opinion, but I wouldn’t be surprised if an investor would want to keep the WFC with the Men’s.

I think the buyer and seller would get a lot of flak if that didnt happen Dave.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Yes but I see rugby, basketball, and particularly women's football in Bristol (which is never going to have the investment that the top teams have) as a drain on my investment into the elements I do wish to purchase.

Have you won the Euromillions then Rog?

I don't know if I've mentioned quite how much I appreciate your posts but would like to take the opportunity to do so now.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

As far as costs go it is all there in the Bristol City Women's Accounts. Not that material in the context of football.

I am struggling to think of a top 2 division side who have scrapped the Women's Team. Even post takeover.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Agreed and I think Lansdown sees English club rugby as a lemon currently.

Clubs have scrapped male Academies but I dont think any would dare  do likewise to their womens teams.

Possibly underfund them but not cast adrift. Plenty of hype in the womens game so I suspect any buyer would take it on, but what they would do investment wise would be interesting.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As far as costs go it is all there in the Bristol City Women's Accounts. Not that material in the context of football.

I am struggling to think of a top 2 division side who have scrapped the Women's Team. Even post takeover.

I've zero interest but in the grand scheme of things they probably cost in total, wages, all expenses and training staff, about as much as one or two senior men's players.

It would be churlish to close them down IMHO, a lot of people enjoy watching them.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Have you won the Euromillions then Rog?

I don't know if I've mentioned quite how much I appreciate your posts but would like to take the opportunity to do so now.

Thank you Ed, I try really hard to post brilliant stuff.............

Not quite the Euromillions, but I did get £25 on the premium bonds last month, which is why I can't stretch to rugby, basketball and the women's team.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Agreed and I think Lansdown sees English club rugby as a lemon currently.

Clubs have scrapped male Academies but I dont think any would dare  do likewise to their womens teams.

Possibly underfund them but not cast adrift. Plenty of hype in the womens game so I suspect any buyer would take it on, but what they would do investment wise would be interesting.

Yep, he’s said so hasn’t he….not the greatest thing to come out with when you’re trying to attract investment 😗

• Like 2