IGNORED

Supporters Club & Trust meeting - March 2024

shahanshahan

• Admin
Just now, Wedontplayinblue said:

Could you please pose the question to the club, and if needed to raise to the EFL on what is deemed a political flag? 

I cannot understand how you can have such ruling without any guidelines at all, in my eyes the LGTBQ flag Infront of the singing section could be viewed as political , again I would like to state I have no problem with the flag but it could be deemed political.

I also find it condescending how it is ok for the club to show an Ukraine flag but now saying other flags are not allowed. 

This isn't a meeting with the club per se, it's a monthly SC&T meeting 

Though this is something that can be raised at one of the other meetings we have. There's regular meetings about improving the fan experience etc, this would be a more applicable time to raise it 

Additionally, items for discussion had previously been asked for and the agenda has been set, so unlikely there'll be time to raise 

• Like 1

I don't want to risk pre-empting but most would agree probably hat Israel v Palestine is more contentious shall we say, than Ukraine which most see as how shall I put this, a fight for freedom.

You ban Israeli and Palestinian flags and that is even handed.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

This isn't a meeting with the club per se, it's a monthly SC&T meeting 

Though this is something that can be raised at one of the other meetings we have. There's regular meetings about improving the fan experience etc, this would be a more applicable time to raise it 

Additionally, items for discussion had previously been asked for and the agenda has been set, so unlikely there'll be time to raise 

I understand it isn’t With the club but it was documented within the last minutes, so surely someone from the club or police must of made the trust comment on it?

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't want to risk pre-empting but most would agree probably hat Israel v Palestine is more contentious shall we say, than Ukraine which most see as how shall I put this, a fight for freedom.

You ban Israeli and Palestinian flags and that is even handed.

That I fully understand , but to now ban any political flags with absolutely no guidelines on what is political? 

Just now, Wedontplayinblue said:

That I fully understand , but to now ban any political flags with absolutely no guidelines on what is political? 

See your point.

Said my bit, worth waiting on Club Trust, Club, EFL to feed down I guess..From their prospective without knowing for sure, the less controversy or risk of controversy the better I assume- FIFA e.g. has frequently been jumpy about anything political symbol wise.

• Admin
35 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

I understand it isn’t With the club but it was documented within the last minutes, so surely someone from the club or police must of made the trust comment on it?

Apologies @Wedontplayinblue, I had wrongly assumed you wanted it raised, rather than querying what was discussed previously 

To make it read easier I've moved the posts to the previous months meeting that also includes @shahanshahanreply 

I believe that the club have been in contact with the EFL asking essentially the same question as you, but until (or if) the EFL reply I doubt there'll be anything locally announced as the club are led on these issues 

• Thanks 1

On 31/03/2024 at 22:44, shahanshahan said:

From what I can recall that was said (and also from what I saw at both games respectively): a Cardiff supporter pulled out an Israel flag after they scored their goal, and people producing banners regarding Free Palestine & protesting the upcoming Arms Fair at Ashton Gate

I can't seem to find a direct link, but referring to other news sources, there was guidance issued for all Premier League/EFL games (which I'm guessing was extended to at least WSL games) where Israel & Palestine flags were announced as being banned

• Thanks 1