IGNORED

Paul Pogba banned for 4 years!

Curr Avon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68436828

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has been banned from football for four years for a doping offence.

He was provisionally suspended in September after a drugs test found elevated levels of testosterone in the former Manchester United player's system.

France international Pogba, 30, was randomly tested after Juventus' first match of the season on 20 August.

He was handed the ban by Italy's national anti-doping tribunal (Nado).

The failed drugs test was confirmed by Nado in a second sample in October, and the anti-doping prosecutor's office had requested the maximum four-year suspension.

More to follow.

Edited by Curr Avon

• The title was changed to Paul Pogba banned for 4 years!

Always struck me as someone who liked the pro football lifestyle and the attention that went with it more than the football itself.

Post 2018 WC win he never really looked interested anytime i saw him play. No great loss to the game these days and effectively ends his career.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What a waste. Undeniably talented on his day, but seemed to have a terrible attitude and more interested in his bloody haircut.

Think that is a bit harsh - his first 3 seasons at United he was their best player, but was always made the scapegoat, despite just how awful of a team he had to play with. Always thought he was outstanding for France & if he would of joined Man City over United i'm sure he would of been one of the best in the Prem, instead he wasted his career trying to carry a terrible United team. The amount of stick he got from fans probably made him fall out of love with the game in the end.

Added in to that his family shenanigans, i don't think he has ever had the best people around him to advise him, especially when his hanger on brothers appear to have tried blackmailing him.

Edited by Mr Hankey
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Think that is a bit harsh - his first 3 seasons at United he was their best player, but was always made the scapegoat, despite just how awful of a team he had to play with. Always thought he was outstanding for France & if he would of joined Man City over United i'm sure he would of been one of the best in the Prem, instead he wasted his career trying to carry a terrible United team. The amount of stick he got from fans probably made him fall out of love with the game in the end.

I did say he was undeniably talented on his day....

In regard to France, most Midfielders look good when they have N'golo Kante doing the dirty work...and he was right up there with the best in his role.

9 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Added in to that his family shenanigans, i don't think he has ever had the best people around him to advise him, especially when his hanger on brothers appear to have tried blackmailing him.

I could be being harsh but I thought him similar to Nicholas Anelka, "le sulk", who could be the tsar player all season when it suited him but usually it didn't.

In contrast I noted that Carlos Tevez gave his best in every game I saw him play.  He wasn't a loyal player and was motivated by money but he always put in a shift and earned his money, which Pogba and Anelka very much didn't.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I did say he was undeniably talented on his day....

In regard to France, most Midfielders look good when they have N'golo Kante doing the dirty work...and he was right up there with the best in his role.

Similarly at Juventus for a time he has either 2 of or all 3 if a diamond and available..Pirlo, Vidal and Maechsiio alongside or in and around and yeah I bet the last 2 moreso, did a lot more dirty and pressing work than Pogba.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1