IGNORED

Cardiff City at home match thread

You lot sound like cardiff fans over the last 3 months. I always feel like our respective football clubs let our two cities down when it comes to having top level football, both can easily sustain it. When you look at places like Burnley, Leicester, Brighton, wolves, Luton ,Swansea, Stoke, Wigan, Bolton, West Brom, Leeds etc who have all had it for a good few years in the sunshine league you do wonder wtf…..you won’t go down though. 6 points, no worries folks.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

You lot sound like cardiff fans over the last 3 months. I always feel like our respective football clubs let our two cities down when it comes to having top level football, both can easily sustain it. When you look at places like Burnley, Leicester, Brighton, wolves, Luton ,Swansea, Stoke, Wigan, Bolton, West Brom, Leeds etc who have all had it for a good few years in the sunshine league you do wonder wtf…..you won’t go down though. 6 points, no worries folks.

At least you’ve actually been into the Premier League and achieved something though, with Lansdown now wanting to run Bristol City as a business i.e. sell any asset ASAP to help balance the books, we will not get anywhere until our owners move on, but then, an investor will want to buy a football club and not rugby and basketball teams too!

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, PFree said:

At least you’ve actually been into the Premier League and achieved something though, with Lansdown now wanting to run Bristol City as a business i.e. sell any asset ASAP to help balance the books, we will not get anywhere until our owners move on, but then, an investor will want to buy a football club and not rugby and basketball teams too!

With ffp it’s difficult now though, he’s a wealthy bloke like Tan, is he clueless too? Tan has wasted millions by not listening to anyone, is landsdown the same? What you need in this league is a decent manager, it’s everything…..a bit of money helps as you can build, but if you don’t have a decent manager or DoF then forget it….weve gone cheap every since Warnock and it shows, just a avoiding the drop last year with countless managers. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tight, but just off, for those querying.

image.thumb.png.d2c96e97d33c1eeae98e12ada1cfbc86.png

would be interesting to see the line drawn down from the defenders flailing right arm.

I said on another thread that Tommy was poor to be offside when he has an easy clear view down the line, its not as though it was a fast move, purely a cross and headed shot. Small margins but huge difference to the end result. I also do not think its even close when you judge from the box

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I said on another thread that Tommy was poor to be offside when he has an easy clear view down the line, its not as though it was a fast move, purely a cross and headed shot. Small margins but huge difference to the end result. I also do not think its even close when you judge from the box

But it was close on the pitch!

FWIW TC could well be making his run off of the cross, not the header, so he was onside from initial cross, you can see he’s on the move.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But it was close on the pitch!

FWIW TC could well be making his run off of the cross, not the header, so he was onside from initial cross, you can see he’s on the move.

When I looked at it earlier, Tommy is not in the picture to see if he is onside from the initial cross, which is a fair point he may have been originally. In general it gets a bit frustrating the number of times both Tommy & Nakki are offside when they can see across the whole pitch and dont even get me started about the slow amble to get back on side after going to the keeper, which just stops the ball being played forward to him.

On 02/03/2024 at 18:34, Montpelierblue said:

With ffp it’s difficult now though, he’s a wealthy bloke like Tan, is he clueless too? Tan has wasted millions by not listening to anyone, is landsdown the same? What you need in this league is a decent manager, it’s everything…..a bit of money helps as you can build, but if you don’t have a decent manager or DoF then forget it….weve gone cheap every since Warnock and it shows, just a avoiding the drop last year with countless managers. 

I look at the underlying losses and Parachutes well a £26m despite Profit on Disposal of £4m in 2021-22. Cheap? Hard to say.

Post Parachutes Cardiff's income isn't terribly high and you're having to cut cloth to some degree.

11 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Because he is Linesmans side he was always going to be flagged , far side and he's a better chance of getting a close call . Always seems that way. I do like he was deeper for the cross, my pet hate is no one going for the over hit cross, which happens a lot.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

would be interesting to see the line drawn down from the defenders flailing right arm.

Arms aren't part of the offside call though are they ? Anything you can score with I think is the phrase .