IGNORED

Cardiff City at home match thread

8 minutes ago, westonred said:

We all know that NP was very popular with all the players do you think Manning has lost the team now, they dont seem interested in playing for him and can only raise their game for the big TV cup games

Taking football out the equation entirely….

If I had an experienced manager leading me; someone who had worked for companies at the highest level, a proven track record, seen everything in the industry with buckets of first-hand knowledge and experience and someone who was evidently a well-rounded, articulate people person, motivator and leader.

If he, let’s call him say, Nigel, just first name off top of my head. If Nigel was replaced by someone who had al a few qualifications and some experience at a company I know I could work in with my eyes closed, and who’s experienced paled into insignificance, but was really chummy with the CEO, covering his arse and not backing his team, then yeah, pretty sure my motivation would nosedive too. 

Yes they’re paid handsomely, but they’re people. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

The only way Manning will be sacked this season is “empty seats” , it really is that simple.  

Well the club ought to send out a questionnaire now, asking people if they are going to renew their season Tickets.  After 50 years of having a ST i'm seriously thinking of not renewing 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, petehinton said:

How funny… apparently they (he) worked in training yesterday on the exact thing we conceded from. So it’s all the players fault. 

Awful post match presser. He’s making things worse. 

Doesn’t take even an iota of responsibility. Quite clearly out of his depth. 

• Like 1
Just now, winsaw said:

I just can't believe that Manning came over to the fans at the end expecting to be clapped he really is living in a fantasy world , I hope the booing he got gets to him 

I was gone by then. I hope the fans told him where to go…

10 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Currently 6 points from the bottom 3…

If you had said to me after we beat Southampton 3-1 that we would be looking over our shoulders now I would not have believed you. I'm not confident especially when I see our upcoming fixtures it would be just like us wouldn't it?

51 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Taking football out the equation entirely….

If I had an experienced manager leading me; someone who had worked for companies at the highest level, a proven track record, seen everything in the industry with buckets of first-hand knowledge and experience and someone who was evidently a well-rounded, articulate people person, motivator and leader.

If he, let’s call him say, Nigel, just first name off top of my head. If Nigel was replaced by someone who had al a few qualifications and some experience at a company I know I could work in with my eyes closed, and who’s experienced paled into insignificance, but was really chummy with the CEO, covering his arse and not backing his team, then yeah, pretty sure my motivation would nosedive too. 

Yes they’re paid handsomely, but they’re people. 

Also if you worked in a trade and you manager who now works in the office was on the tools for years and was well respected by his fellow workers  , and he got the sack and was replaced who someone who has never been on the tools but just have the qualifications but never done a proper days work in his life , you’ll be a little bit miffed and he would have to earn you respect 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, cotswoldred2 said:

If we do then it will be deserved considering where we were/ are.

I have no doubt at all that Lansdown and Tinnion deserve relegation for the way that they have behaved. It would be awful for us fans but also make them feel foolish. See you in the PL Brian said! Ok!! 

• Like 1

Incredible how he’s managed to suck the life out of everyone and everything so quickly. The games (bar one or two) follow a similar pattern as well, start off ok but then deteriorate pretty much into abject failure. Never known a coaches substitutions have such a minimal affect on the game-he really does not know how to impact or change a game. Can’t remember having the misfortune of watching us in three poorer consecutive games for a long time. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The amount of empty seats in the sold out South Stand today is just ridiculous.

Cheapest seats in the ground, rarely available to members or infrequent attendees. Club need to do something about it.

So what’s the excuse for this today then? Weekend fixture, fairly big game, loads of youth football cancelled so you’d think if the kids are ever going to come, it would be today.

Is it just that we’re crap? Because we’ve been crap plenty of times before and not seen it that empty.

Don’t get it.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

So what’s the excuse for this today then? Weekend fixture, fairly big game, loads of youth football cancelled so you’d think if the kids are ever going to come, it would be today.

Is it just that we’re crap? Because we’ve been crap plenty of times before and not seen it that empty.

Don’t get it.

I think people are simply getting bored of the style of football and the atmosphere etc

I’ve had to miss a few games this season due to work and I haven’t been at all bothered I’ve missed it, watched the last 25 minutes on robins today and was glad I wasn’t there. 

An inexcusably poor performance yet again. Cardiff were very average but were in control of the game the whole time - we didn’t impose ourselves on them at all. 

The only positive for me was that Conway looked bright when he came on. 

You lot sound like cardiff fans over the last 3 months. I always feel like our respective football clubs let our two cities down when it comes to having top level football, both can easily sustain it. When you look at places like Burnley, Leicester, Brighton, wolves, Luton ,Swansea, Stoke, Wigan, Bolton, West Brom, Leeds etc who have all had it for a good few years in the sunshine league you do wonder wtf…..you won’t go down though. 6 points, no worries folks.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

You lot sound like cardiff fans over the last 3 months. I always feel like our respective football clubs let our two cities down when it comes to having top level football, both can easily sustain it. When you look at places like Burnley, Leicester, Brighton, wolves, Luton ,Swansea, Stoke, Wigan, Bolton, West Brom, Leeds etc who have all had it for a good few years in the sunshine league you do wonder wtf…..you won’t go down though. 6 points, no worries folks.

At least you’ve actually been into the Premier League and achieved something though, with Lansdown now wanting to run Bristol City as a business i.e. sell any asset ASAP to help balance the books, we will not get anywhere until our owners move on, but then, an investor will want to buy a football club and not rugby and basketball teams too!

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, PFree said:

At least you’ve actually been into the Premier League and achieved something though, with Lansdown now wanting to run Bristol City as a business i.e. sell any asset ASAP to help balance the books, we will not get anywhere until our owners move on, but then, an investor will want to buy a football club and not rugby and basketball teams too!

With ffp it’s difficult now though, he’s a wealthy bloke like Tan, is he clueless too? Tan has wasted millions by not listening to anyone, is landsdown the same? What you need in this league is a decent manager, it’s everything…..a bit of money helps as you can build, but if you don’t have a decent manager or DoF then forget it….weve gone cheap every since Warnock and it shows, just a avoiding the drop last year with countless managers.