IGNORED

Give Manning time - he will come good

34 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Something I have noticed under Manning is that in most games when the ball is as it were bouncing around in our box we always seem to have a moment where a City player could put his foot through it to clear the danger, but they always hesitate and seem to want to retain possession. It then, inevitably, creates further danger, or results in the ball being presented to the opposition still in the box or just outside it. It happened yet again today. Iirc, it then led to the corner Cardiff scored from. 

Said exactly the same to my son, when Vyner made the tackle it should have been foot straight through and get our defence out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Capman said:

I am not really bothered if he stays or goes. If the current establishment sack him they will only replace him with someone who looks the same. He is not the ‘problem’ he is a symptom. We have a board who are not up to the job, until that changes things will stay much the same. 

“The Board” doesn’t really exist. It’s Jon Lansdown and the Bristol Sport accountant. That’s it! No one to question bad decisions. No one to hold them to account. No one to challenge the status quo of Nepo kid being in charge.

Yes the board needs to change but we all know it won’t happen. As long as dad holds the purse strings, that’s how it’s going to be.

Just now, MATT BCFC said:

I felt like under Pearson we probably needed a few more to be good enough for playoffs. Under Manning I honestly feel like we need a whole new squad to play his style. 

I've said that before, and how much time and cost would that take? 

11 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

God, this a thousand times. Why is he playing (at least) two players out of their preferred positions? It’s not big and it’s not clever. I assumed it was because he wants our wingers to cut inside for the shot/ pass, but after the match he said in the interview he wants to see players getting on the end of crosses into the box, which we seem to shy away from doing. Either he’s clueless or I am. 

Bloke just waffles coach manual rubbish.

He seems to have nothing about him to inspire these players ! It’s all behaviours and waffle.

Emotion fuels football but LM by his own admission doesn’t get emotional 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fpcity said:

I've said that before, and how much time and cost would that take? 

Well technically gifted players normally cost more so probably more than we can or SL would be willing to spend. 

14 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

God, this a thousand times. Why is he playing (at least) two players out of their preferred positions? It’s not big and it’s not clever. I assumed it was because he wants our wingers to cut inside for the shot/ pass, but after the match he said in the interview he wants to see players getting on the end of crosses into the box, which we seem to shy away from doing. Either he’s clueless or I am. 

Absolutely, he's far too keen to have players on the wing cutting in, but this is losing us the ball so many times and not creating much at all.  Today was crying out for players to run down the wings and cross it, especially once conway was on.  As it stands there's nothing for any of the forwards to attack in the penalty area.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

I felt like under Pearson we probably needed a few more to be good enough for playoffs. Under Manning I honestly feel like we need a whole new squad to play his style. 

Some evidence that ‘his stye’ may actually be worth investing to such a degree , and produce something might be good

Edited by Sheltons Army

He's a League 1 coach way out of his depth. I blame hissing sid there's where the problem is. I seem to recall his comments about high press and exciting front foot football. Where is it?

Both should go now.

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, Swede said:

He's a League 1 coach way out of his depth. I blame hissing sid there's where the problem is. I seem to recall his comments about high press and exciting front foot football. Where is it?

Both should go now.

Hissing Sid 🤣🤣