IGNORED

Last time we played Cardiff

14 hours ago, eardun said:

When Pearson was sacked I said it was a clueless decision. I thought he was doing a decent job based on our squad. I didn’t think that this squad was getting anywhere near the top six even with Pearson. It is a mid table squad. 

I agree it's a mid table squad, when utilised correctly. My concern is we aren't getting mid table results (23 points from 20 games). Despite clinging to mid table, the bottom third are moving closer. The direction of travel suggests we wont be mid table for much longer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes Pearson played him in midfield too. If and when he’s fit I’d get him in the team - even if that means playing a back 3; he can move into midfield from there. 

I'd go other way round a bit.

If we can reach a stage of tactical and technical sophistication which frankly we look a million miles off atm..

...In phases you could have your 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 with Naismith in that role and in phases, Naismith can drop in and out of the backline, centrebacks split and it would have to be McCrorie and Pring, as they can probably morph a bit between wingback and fullback. Tanner and Roberts, that particular role? Probably not.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Do you think it could work though and provide better entertainment 

I think Nasmith is a cracking player sadly he's quite fragile since he's come to us. His could alternate with James quite well, he provides excellent cover for the defence while his range of passing is also excellent I think it's by far his best position.

Knight is quality and his linkup, play is amazing and better deployed in a deeper role. Then we can use the pace and creativity Infront of those two.

I think ultimately that allows the likes of Conway to hassle the defenders sitting on the last man generally being a pain in the ass.  Then I won't get pissed off with Manning wondering why when he's employing a low block so ******* often that he's wondering why we have issues in the final third.