IGNORED

Positives from today

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

I don't give a toss what people say or think about me....this whole forum is a just bit of fun and amuses me when I'm bored at home.

That's honestly... just a bit sad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Yes it was poor, but even amongst the numerous negatives there are aways some positives, and they are:

ย - We were not outplayed and looked fairly solid in midfield and defensivelyย 

- We restricted them to a couple of chances (yes they scored from one)

- They scored against the run of play

- If we can improve things in the final third, we will be much better

- we have some decent players waiting to come back who should really improve things.

ย 

Lets address each point;

- looked fairly solid but couldn't score and managed to concede. Things are looking hopeful ๐Ÿคช.

- They were very lucky to score. Struggling to count the amount of clear cut chances we had on one hand ๐Ÿฅด.

- If we can improve things in the final third, we will be much better. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ less said the better about this point.ย 

- we have some decent players waiting to come back? Who are these players who will improve things in the final third you allude to in your third point. Absolutely cluesless!ย 

ย 

How you can vindicate the decisions of the board and management team is beyond me & sums up the direction this club is heading โฌ‡โฌ‡โฌ‡

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Mate.

Firstly, there is active the โ€œcounterpointsโ€ thread which says the same with a lot of responses.

Secondly, your positives are nonsense and coloured Iโ€™d say by the fact that you were a major NP criticย 

Outside of that - good work โ€œTopโ€ Robin (nothing like being a legend in your own lunchtime is there)

Without wishing to get into the pos and cons, Iโ€™m sure thereโ€™s much in what the OP says that can be challenged.
But I think your first criticism seems a little unfair and one sided, on a day when the number of threads taking the opposite view, and ย all saying the same thing, indeed many of them having practically identical titles, fill at least a page of the forum!ย 

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Thanks for that Liam.ย  Now have a serious look at the negatives.ย  i.e your coaching, tactics, motivation skills and decision making.

As my maths teacher Mr Davis used to say, "The peasants are revolting."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark barton said:

I was thinking on the way home how many of our better players are speaking to their agents and saying get me out of here?

That was the saddest point of today, accepting that Cam won't be here next year. and fully understanding why he'd want to leave.ย 

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Yes it was poor, but even amongst the numerous negatives there are aways some positives, and they are:

- we have some decent players waiting to come back who should really improve things.

ย 

Is your head alright ? How can you take not being outplayed by an extremely poor and out of form Cardiff side on our own turf and turn that into a positive ๐Ÿ˜‚ decent strikers to come back ? Aye surely you are on a wind up

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Manning will be crying infamy soon ...

That's my level of movie quotes! I don't remember dialogue. Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me!!

ย 

Friends, Romans (countrymen)โ€ฆ I know!!ย 

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

That's my level of movie quotes! I don't remember dialogue. Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me!!

ย 

Friends, Romans (countrymen)โ€ฆ I know!!ย 

Iโ€™ve just twigged who you are on twitter, Iโ€™m a bit slow sometimes. ย Just done the same with @Tomo.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Mel Brooks iirc, but not sure what film.

ย 

Just now, Davefevs said:

Iโ€™ve just twigged who you are on twitter, Iโ€™m a bit slow sometimes. ย Just done the same with @Tomo.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

It's quite interesting guessing who is who on other platforms

• Haha 1

Apparently the twunk behind me today thought their goal was a positive - "that's what the game needed"ย :angry:

ย 

Another positive, seeing as this was upper Lansdown - I managed to contain my instant urge to turn round and explain why a goal for the opposition is not good for the game from my perspective, most probably by launching him down the steps

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Top Robin said:

ย 

Is this a joke ?

I say **** it , donโ€™t over analyze balls to it all and letโ€™s go round the rollercoaster again because it is just football . Teams lose and they win again, limbs this week and not the nextโ€ฆ managers and players tossed to the wall, heroes next weekโ€ฆ the piss fueled merrygoround goes round ย and round and round.ย 

5 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

I say **** it , donโ€™t over analyze balls to it all and letโ€™s go round the rollercoaster again because it is just football . Teams lose and they win again, limbs this week and not the nextโ€ฆ managers and players tossed to the wall, heroes next weekโ€ฆ the piss fueled merrygoround goes round ย and round and round.ย 

Thank you Sir John Betjeman.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Top Robin said:

ย 

Step away from the keyboard Liam. Haven't you got Brian's cock to polish?

• Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

I get that but..the trajectory and the mood, it feels as if something has changed. It isn't one game.

We'll see if the fans see it that way in the coming weeks and months.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I get that but..the trajectory and the mood, it feels as if something has changed. It isn't one game.

We'll see if the fans see it that way in the coming weeks and months.

This is an almost unique (or at least very rare) situation where a popular manager has been removed and replaced by a guy with no experience at all managing a team at this or an equivalent level. In that situation, results need to be at least as good as the previous manager. We performed well to get through one cup round, and we took a scalp of Southampton, aside from that it has been pretty poor results and undeniably a downturn on Pearson's results and performances despite having a stronger squad available to him.ย ย 

• Like 1

Sorry we've seen this type of performance too many times from this side to take any positives.

I have not been so depressed watching us in that 2nd half for years and that's saying something.ย 

Cardiff had more fight and resolve than our pathetic bunch today too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sglosbcfc said:

This is an almost unique (or at least very rare) situation where a popular manager has been removed and replaced by a guy with no experience at all managing a team at this or an equivalent level. In that situation, results need to be at least as good as the previous manager. We performed well to get through one cup round, and we took a scalp of Southampton, aside from that it has been pretty poor results and undeniably a downturn on Pearson's results and performances despite having a stronger squad available to him.ย ย 

Exactly.

I am a broken record but theย Timesย match report for Cifuentes v Manning in November, QPR v us, made that very point albeit set against QPR too.

It says a lot.

Screenshot_20240302-233720_Chrome.thumb.jpg.15902000880fbec7c5d40f431ddbf9eb.jpgScreenshot_20240302-233734_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d7c454e0c3c273babab93b05a8bcf61f.jpg

• Like 1