IGNORED

2024-25

Trying to be positive and imaging we get the points needed to preserve our Championship status, kicking off 24-25 who would you like as Manager? Which players should leave? Who should stay? Where should we strengthen? For me -

Manager - ideally Nigel Pearson, knowing that won't happen I'd like an established 'manager' someone who knows the division and has had success in the Championship.

Leaving - Cornick (plenty of effort but not quite good enough), Wells (seen better days), King (happy to keep him as a coach), Weimann (seen better days), Naismith (seen better days, injury prone), Mehmeti (League one standard player), 

Staying - all the rest, some talented players Vyner, O Leary, Dickie, Conway, Sykes, Pring and Knight are all stand outs

New Signings - 2 forwards minimum. We also need a creative midfield player and another versatile defender.

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Trying to be positive and imaging we get the points needed to preserve our Championship status, kicking off 24-25 who would you like as Manager? Which players should leave? Who should stay? Where should we strengthen? For me -

Manager - ideally Nigel Pearson, knowing that won't happen I'd like an established 'manager' someone who knows the division and has had success in the Championship.

Leaving - Cornick (plenty of effort but not quite good enough), Wells (seen better days), King (happy to keep him as a coach), Weimann (seen better days), Naismith (seen better days, injury prone), Mehmeti (League one standard player), 

Staying - all the rest, some talented players Vyner, O Leary, Dickie, Conway, Sykes, Pring and Knight are all stand outs

New Signings - 2 forwards minimum. We also need a creative midfield player and another versatile defender.

None of the above will happen. 

My only hope for 24/25 is that the somehow the clowns will all pile into their little car with it's exploding doors and **** off.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

He’d want money to spend and is another who thinks very highly of himself.

I really hope whoever is appointed is given money to spend. No manager worth their salt is going to come without a budget. Plus we most strengthen in attack.

5 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I really hope whoever is appointed is given money to spend. No manager worth their salt is going to come without a budget. Plus we most strengthen in attack.

Indeed, I think Wilder will want more than the budget we’d put up.

Did you see his comments regarding the referees assistant who dared to eat a sandwich in his presence ?

Gave a bit of an insight of his high opinion of himself 

13 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Just out of interest, how big a budget?

I don't want to be a financial bore but the adoption of a PL, EFL version of the new UEFA FFP could be a factor for a lot of clubs.

(*Football Wages, Player Amortisation and Impairment plus Agents Fees cannot exceed 70% of Turnover.

*Turnover may also include Profit on Disposal of Players).

We will very much be one of the best placed Championship wise outside the Parachute clubs but...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Don't forget Max Bird, Stokes,Murphy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just out of interest, how big a budget?

I don't want to be a financial bore but the adoption of a PL, EFL version of the new UEFA FFP could be a factor for a lot of clubs.

(*Football Wages, Player Amortisation and Impairment plus Agents Fees cannot exceed 70% of Turnover.

*Turnover may also include Profit on Disposal of Players).

We will very much be one of the best placed Championship wise outside the Parachute clubs but...

You have to add Person and Manning's pay offs and the money we would have to pay a new man. 

These Posts are pointless as anything but a chat over a Pint. They didn't ask Nige to step away nicely and end it on good terms. They wanted him out a did a poor job of it, only even thanking him some time later. There is no way they would offer it or that he would want it back.

While we are fantasising , I'd offer it to Potter short term ( he's linked with Man U in the press) . Just say take it for a few games and if you don't get another offer you can stay . :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

You have to add Person and Manning's pay offs and the money we would have to pay a new man. 

These Posts are pointless as anything but a chat over a Pint. They didn't ask Nige to step away nicely and end it on good terms. They wanted him out a did a poor job of it, only even thanking him some time later. There is no way they would offer it or that he would want it back.

While we are fantasising , I'd offer it to Potter short term ( he's linked with Man U in the press) . Just say take it for a few games and if you don't get another offer you can stay . :thumbsup:

*New rule may not impact us so much, certainly NP and staff payoff and Manning compensation to Oxford, depends if one year or rolling Idk. 

Under the 3 year rule we are all good, providing we don't go nuts etc.

*Depends too on how and when the payoff and compensation occurred. One hit, contractual or spread over term of contract etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

New rule may not impact us so much, certainly NP and staff payoff and Manning compensation to Oxford, depends if one year or rolling Idk. 

Under the 3 year rule we are all good, providing we don't go nuts etc.

We could be paying Oxford compensation for Manning and Manning compensation for sacking at the same time soon ;)

They would love him back apparently , maybe we could do a deal 🤣