IGNORED

What the game could have looked like if it was played in Fishponds yesterday.

15 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I miss, to a degree, matches played in fog. Where has all the fog gone?

It was getting close to considering a postponement at FGR on Tuesday v Wrexham. 
2nd half it was really coming in and at one point I could only just see the goal mouth at the other end. But it dissipated soon after and was ok. 
Foggiest game I’ve been to in a long time though 

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Brilliant, love it. I guess in the States they all have giant 4x4 pickups to get to games.

1 hour ago, Back of the Dolman said:

And probably don’t go into hysteria and panic mode like we do here when we have a bit of snow

I was in Washington DC some years ago just after they’d had about 4 foot of snow come down.

They coped with it pretty effectively: the snow ploughs come out and shift it. The trouble is they shift everything on the road onto the pavement, which ends up under 8 foot of snow!

So, yes, you’re OK with a vehicle of any sort, not so good if you’re walking! But they don’t on the whole! 

36 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I was in Washington DC some years ago just after they’d had about 4 foot of snow come down.

They coped with it pretty effectively: the snow ploughs come out and shift it. The trouble is they shift everything on the road onto the pavement, which ends up under 8 foot of snow!

So, yes, you’re OK with a vehicle of any sort, not so good if you’re walking! But they don’t on the whole! 

In Germany it is the residents responsibility to clear pathways of snow outside their houses, which means all the paths are cleared and it costs the council nothing!

I had a call last year with our Canada off ie and they said they will always go into the office unless it's minus 20 C as that's a bit too cold!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

3 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

And probably don’t go into hysteria and panic mode like we do here when we have a bit of snow

In America, the fixture list for assorted sports is produced and "We're all in showbiz, so the show must go on" regardless of weather & injuries. Last season at one game the home fans were asking "Who's that"? It was the club's 5th choice player for that position.Kick off and dates are not changed just for TV.