IGNORED

The post analysis

It's reasonably well written but he perhaps makes excuses too much post the change.

He glosses over a bit the crowd fury at the end or at least in parts of the ground, yeah the Williams thing is mentioned but there was a lot of hostility.

Elephant in the room, doesn't mention the Tinnion and JL role in the debacle.

Think he said on Twitter that Manning needs time to bring in his own players...that could really could go either way.

Math Withers is usually very supportive & looking for the positives but if even he is seeing exactly the same as the rest of the fanbase then one would hope that the club's hierarchy are seeing it too.

For me, its the players, they are not buying into this Manningball ethos. Without this belief, how on earth can they perform on matchday?

Who knows he might be successful elsewhere but one thing's for certain he will not be a success here with his one dimensional without a forward line textbook methods.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Matt (club representative) Withers. Don't tell me he is turning against Manning, after telling us for months on 3 peaps that he was enjoying the football and could see what Manning was Trying to do.

His Co hort stated on RB Saturday that Manning should be given more time.

I was listening to Radio 5 Live yesterday as I was walking the dog, the Burnley Bournemouth game was on and Clinton Morrison stated “Burnley are playing as if following a manual”. I got exactly what he meant and it’s exactly what we’ve become under Manning…. a team filling a plan… regardless of the accuracy of the plan or whether all the parts needed are there to complete that plan. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Matt Withers comments there, when you take his usual pro-club attitude into account, say a lot more than any rant on here (I include myself in that). When fans like him, who follow the club all over the country, are getting mightily pissed off with what this manager is producing then you know it's not just the usual OTIB meltdown for no reason and that things are bad. I know Matt is "only a punter" like the rest of us but Powerpoint Man would do well to read and digest.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Matt (club representative) Withers. Don't tell me he is turning against Manning, after telling us for months on 3 peaps that he was enjoying the football and could see what Manning was Trying to do.

There is one problem with that argument - if you give him too much time, spends as much of the nest egg as Lansdown will allow in July and then still fails............we all know the rest. Because of Jon and Sid we really are playing with fire when next season comes around. It's toss of a coin for me, which is a ridiculous situation to be in, and as I said yesterday we could VERY EASILY do a Rotherham if we aren't careful.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Serious questions to ask, that's normally coincides with senior leaders at the club going missing

For me you can always tell when the team is not up for it. When Dickie gets the ball if he is regularly passing forward into midfield we are on it because we have movement and options. When he is hitting it long or passing to Zak we are hiding.

The big question is how do we get a consistent level of movement and players wanting the ball.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Yep, that was Chris Honor.

The thing is "How much time"?

If we don't get a win in the next 2 and sit 18th or 19th, 3 points off 22nd; does anybody have any faith in Manning to get us out of the mess?

3 wins over the next few and yes we can breath and plan a bit for next season. The games are coming quickly now though and obviously things generally have been poor for 2.5 months in the league (bar Southampton and a half against Boro).

Nobody wants the club (or Manning for that matter) to fail. But we simply can't get into a massive relegation battle against 5 or 6 other clubs, who are fighting for their Championship existance.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 2

This bit for me, exactly what we were saying the other day, there is no pace on the ball, no quick passing, no movement into space in front of them, which was something we had started to do in the early days of LM, but we seemed to have regressed

"In the early part of Liam’s reign, I felt that we were keeping possession with a real purpose but now it feels like we are continually playing the ball around at the back, playing it sideways and backwards because we are not sure what to do or because they don’t want to make a mistake.

Everything is a little too slow, too safe and too deliberate, our midfield is too pedestrian and there is not enough movement in the final third. We run in straight lines and make it too easy to defend against us"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

There is one problem with that argument - if you give him too much time, spends as much of the nest egg as Lansdown will allow in July and then still fails............we all know the rest. Because of Jon and Sid we really are playing with fire when next season comes around. It's toss of a coin for me, which is a ridiculous situation to be in, and as I said yesterday we could VERY EASILY do a Rotherham if we aren't careful.

With the new set up, he won’t spend the money….Tinnion will. 

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

The blokes a clown...talks about players being too emotional and needing to control their emotions...then bangs on about himself getting emotional in the changing room in front of the lads.

Can you imagine him getting angry and shouting? I'd piss myself laughing. He's turning into David Brent. 🙈🤷

One snippet from that article that maybe worth noting, possibly looking abroad for forwards?!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

The blokes a clown...talks about players being too emotional and needing to control their emotions...then bangs on about himself getting emotional in the changing room in front of the lads.

He says “when my head goes…”.  I can’t imagine that has ever happened.  It’s like Boring James Milner (twitter account) having one cup of tea too many!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

With the new set up, he won’t spend the money….Tinnion will. 

Wasn't that part of the message when the change happened? The club (ie BT) will dictate the style of play and recruit to suit that. The HC then has to deliver said style of play. Which he isn't. Because it isn't a style that fits with his gameplan. 

Think I am beginning to see the flaw here....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He says “when my head goes…”.  I can’t imagine that has ever happened.  It’s like Boring James Milner (twitter account) having one cup of tea too many!

It reminds me of Gary Barlow telling of his drug woes, throwing up in Lulu's toilet

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It reminds me of Gary Barlow telling of his drug woes, throwing up in Lulu's toilet

Reminds me of the joke-

what do you call a dog with 5 pricks?

Take That and Lulu

(harsh on Lulu tbh)

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

“The frustration comes from saying the same messages, and that’s the biggest bit. We can coach, we can tactically set up perfect, but we have to have people stepping up and taking responsibility - we need leaders.”

Have felt the Lee Johnson comparisons have been overly simplistic and not necessarily fair, but my god, this is pure Lee Johnson.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

“The frustration comes from saying the same messages, and that’s the biggest bit. We can coach, we can tactically set up perfect, but we have to have people stepping up and taking responsibility - we need leaders.”

Have felt the Lee Johnson comparisons have been overly simplistic and not necessarily fair, but my god, this is pure Lee Johnson.

It really bugs me.

Manning,  we set up perfect .

If it's perfect it would also take into account what players he's using.  They are expected to take responsibility but not him ? How do they do that anyway, I imagine he pretty much scripts every move , the plan was perfect so they can't deviate from it but have to take responsibility ? 

I said before , Pearson had them take responsibility by letting them make decisions , that makes more sense . 
From what I've seen he's coaching all the randomness , all the flare out of players. My theory is we play slowly as they have so much info given to them they 2nd guess themselves and take an extra touch , or thought or look , before playing a ball . Watch how many times a player apologises for NOT playing a pass. Eventually the runs stop happening, because if you think the pass isn't coming then why bother ? 

He changed a bit for Cardiff with more Midfielders , tomorrow could be another interesting team sheet .

Feels like we've been here before.

Screenshot2024-03-04at19_38_03.png.41a9ceac97b4790e1aa6e971e75e69e1.png

• Like 1