IGNORED

It's my fault (again)

I'm amazingly superstitious about football*, so never look at the score until the game's over.

Last night I clicked on to the Beeb at 10, assuming the game would be done. Ipswich immediately scored.

Sorry, this used to happen a lot under GJ as well.

*and yet a staunch atheist, go figure 

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

We went thru a spell under GJ when we seemed to concede a late equaliser every game.

I can't make the game on Sun, so that gives us hope as my absence normally brings a goof result.

15 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I'm amazingly superstitious about football*, so never look at the score until the game's over.

Last night I clicked on to the Beeb at 10, assuming the game would be done. Ipswich immediately scored.

Not just me then as I have the exact same superstition 

12 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I think you may mean under Pearson the late goals used to kill us; both in terms of points and supporter loyalty. He was an average defender in his day and he couldnt coach our decent defenders to save his life (job). Good riddance

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 7

2 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I think you may mean under Pearson the late goals used to kill us; both in terms of points and supporter loyalty. He was an average defender in his day and he couldnt coach our decent defenders to save his life (job). Good riddance

Still swilling the meths then 

🤣

• Haha 5

No, it most definitely was an issue under GJ.

You really do talk some rubbish but the fact it appears you do it just to wind people up is both sad and concerning 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

My recollection of the GJ era when we got to the P.Os is just the opposite, name;y we scored late and were generally punching above our weight to reach the epic final stages. It was a fun ride under GJ, as it was with his son at the helm but the good times always get followed by tougher times then ..whack - manager gets fired and new blood comes in to try and do better - which rarely happens. FACT 67% of European (incl UK) managerial sackings end up with the team lower 1 yr after the sacking. This tells me there is more wrong with the club than just a manager/coach

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Embarrassing, but you’re just trolling for attention. WUM.

Remember the DM you sent me last week?  Why not be honest?

We know why though don’t we!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I do love posts that do not include any context. 

Your man Manning could only ever dream of playing at the level Nigel did.

The reason we are not already in the relegation zone is because NP made our defence what it is today. Improvements to Pring, Vyner and Tanner plus he brought in Dickie. But that doesn't suit your agenda. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Pearson (finally, almost completely) solved that this season though.

The only game iirc we conceded a winner in last ten or added time, was Stoke.

17 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

My recollection of the GJ era when we got to the P.Os is just the opposite, name;y we scored late and were generally punching above our weight to reach the epic final stages. It was a fun ride under GJ, as it was with his son at the helm but the good times always get followed by tougher times then ..whack - manager gets fired and new blood comes in to try and do better - which rarely happens. FACT 67% of European (incl UK) managerial sackings end up with the team lower 1 yr after the sacking. This tells me there is more wrong with the club than just a manager/coach

You're wrong. Source: facts

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Embarrassing, but you’re just trolling for attention. WUM.

Remember the DM you sent me last week?  Why not be honest?

We know why though don’t we!!!

Spill the beans, Dave

17 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

My first away game Dec 69 - lost to a last minute goal at Ninian Park. August 70 beating Wolves in a pre season friendly, only for Dougan to equalise just as the Ref was about to end the game. In home games in the 2007 / 08 season. In the 92nd minute City took the lead against Leicester, but only got a draw. A few weeks later, against Sheff U, City equalised in the 94th minute and still lost. More recently there was that 3-3 draw home to Sunderland and now Tuesday night at Ipswich. 

I'm sure many others on here know of many more instances over the last 50 years.

18 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

For the first half of his era yes.

For the second half, there were an awful lot of late goals conceded.

However it was a good strong tenure all told.

GJ more than his son, the latter in conjunction with Mark Ashton left a terrible mess.

6 hours ago, Fuber said:

Pearson (finally, almost completely) solved that this season though.

The only game iirc we conceded a winner in last ten or added time, was Stoke.

Yes, Nige left us with a top end if not in fact a top six defence, at least from number of goals conceded. LM was - supposedly - hired to sexy up the attacking end, get us a bit easier on the eye, front-foot if you like, than Nige's rugged, solid few-frills teams. LM was hired to build upon the solid defensive base Nige bequeathed him (as well as the transformed "culture" and team ethic), but, er, it hasn't come to "pass" just yet. Maybe Sunday it will ....

On 06/03/2024 at 07:31, TDarwall said:

We went thru a spell under GJ when we seemed to concede a late equaliser every game.

I can't make the game on Sun, so that gives us hope as my absence normally brings a goof result.

2009/10. I remember it.