IGNORED

7 out of the next 10 against teams below us

Positive: In our hands to a very large degree.

Negative: Very bad record against these teams.

Will Sunderland, Plymouth and Blackburn still be so bad when we get to them? 

The next 2 games are huge. I think both are winnable games because of how they will play.  Will Manning get it right? Will he learn to change when needed or react when obvious? Will he field fit players?

How many fit players have we got?

Edited by The Original OTIB

51 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

It's unbelievable that in a mini league of teams from 5th to 16th I bet we would be top. In the same league of 17th to 24th we would be rock bottom. Just another mad thing this season 

Not sure if we'd be top but it's certainly not bad either.

Against those teams, we've won 6, drawn 5 and lost 4. 23 points from 15 games.

Was our record against the bottom teams as noticeably bad before Manning took over?

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Positive: In our hands to a very large degree.

Negative: Very bad record against these teams.

Will Sunderland, Plymouth and Blackburn still be so bad when we get to them? 

The next 2 games are huge. I think both are winnable games because of how they will play.  Will Manning get it right? Will he learn to change when needed or react when obvious? Will he field fit players?

How many fit players have we got?

6 of the next 10, Sunderland are above us. Swansea is now a huge game because we are unlikely to get anything against West Brom away and Leicester at home. The last thing we need is to start facing the teams, that could well have overtaken us by then, on the back of 1 point (or zero) from 21 available.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

We'd better pick up some points. There's a bunch of teams within a couple of results of our position, so we need points ASAP. Trouble is, as shown against Cardiff, we are poor when playing teams who obdurately defend from the first minute

20 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

6 of the next 10, Sunderland are above us. Swansea is now a huge game because we are unlikely to get anything against West Brom away and Leicester at home. The last thing we need is to start facing the teams, that could well have overtaken us by then, on the back of 1 point (or zero) from 21 available.

Apologies, how do you change a thread title? Probably confused as they have lost 5 in a row and probably SHOULD be below us! Hopefully, they will be soon.

We’ll be safe. Manning has proved he can get results. 

There’s a caveat though. If teams set up in a low block, and let us have the ball, we could flirt with it.

In my view, Manning needs to be fired. Not necessarily now, but definitely before the end of the season. 

• Admin
17 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

We’ll be safe. Manning has proved he can get results. 

There’s a caveat though. If teams set up in a low block, and let us have the ball, we could flirt with it.

In my view, Manning needs to be fired. Not necessarily now, but definitely before the end of the season. 

Does yet another thread need to be derailed ?

Whilst that stat is a positive point , it’s very possible , and arguably likely that we’ll go into the final 7 games on the back of 7 straight defeats and a squad so thin and decimated by injury that we could have only six subs on the bench . Whilst it IS in our hands , we won’t be in great shape approaching them . Lose on Sunday and I fear we could be staring into the abyss !