IGNORED

How on earth can we know which BCFC will turn up on Sunday?

I am fully aware that some teams attack and some sit back and defend and this impacts our success HOWEVER, what I cannot understand is when we have a home local derby our players showed no energy, drive, passion, and generally looked like they would rather be anywhere else.

Fast forward the make the long trip to Ipswich where we have a modest away following and transformed into an aggressive, together, hungry and motivated group. Tackles were flying in and the speed of passing and movement off the ball was great.

So next we have Swansea at home and I have absolutely no feeling about which team will turn up.

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Sunday is THE season decider for me. Win and we can take a deep breath whilst the season just slowly extinguishes to nothing. Draw or lose and it becomes a full-on relegation scrap from a position of almost guaranteed safety after Middlesbrough.

Can’t say I’m impressed that it’s reached this position tbh.

Tend to agree. If only it was a Friday eve game. Sunday lunch an awful twist.

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Tend to agree. If only it was a Friday eve game. Sunday lunch an awful twist.

Sunday will be a poor turnout. Two horrendous home displays followed by a game on Mothers Day. I’ll be there and would take a disgusting 1-0’er tbh.

I think part of the reason we look worse at home/against poorer sides is impatience from the crowd. We didn't really do much first half yesterday but no-one minded as we were against a strong side and were happy to contain them. I think it'd be a good idea to allow them a slow start Sunday, to get a feel of the ball and the rhythm of the game. If we get grumbly they get nervous, and the improved/faster/more aggressive play never emerges.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I think part of the reason we look worse at home/against poorer sides is impatience from the crowd. We didn't really do much first half yesterday but no-one minded as we were against a strong side and were happy to contain them. I think it'd be a good idea to allow them a slow start Sunday, to get a feel of the ball and the rhythm of the game. If we get grumbly they get nervous, and the improved/faster/more aggressive play never emerges.  

That is literally an excuse. The crowd is no different now than it has been for years. The only difference is a few groans when we go from thirty yards from their goal and two passes later it’s with Max. Justifiably too.

• Like 3

• Admin
2 hours ago, westonred said:

We only seem to play well when were in front of the TV Cameras strange that

West Ham Vs Bristol City?

It's as if the players are only interested in putting themselves into the shop window

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

That is literally an excuse. The crowd is no different now than it has been for years. The only difference is a few groans when we go from thirty yards from their goal and two passes later it’s with Max. Justifiably too.

Oh, I see, it's OUR fault, is it? Oh, of course, there I was, thinking it was THEIR fault because MANNING WAS in charge, .... and all the time it was OUR fault. Oh, it's so obvious now. I've seen the light!

Don't panic! WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Club and Country said:

It will be the exact same performance as the ones v qpr , sheff wed and Cardiff unfortunately 

I think playing Swansea will actually suit the players we have. 

They have a lot of possesion and play with a high line I believe? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think playing Swansea will actually suit the players we have. 

They have a lot of possesion and play with a high line I believe? 

I believe and hope you are correct. Never a 'season-decider' of course as only 3 points on offer; yes a draw keeps us above the Swans but the natives may get restless if we perform poorly again against teams below us. 

We are not in free-fall quite yet but defeat on Sunday and at WBA would change this mid-table mediocrity position. I'd say Rotherham are gone, Stoke and Blackburn are on a faster spiral than us but it may be the Pasties game until we all change our thoughts to next season. Shame some of the players already appear to be doing this at home games

On 06/03/2024 at 13:11, Clutton Caveman said:

I am fully aware that some teams attack and some sit back and defend and this impacts our success HOWEVER, what I cannot understand is when we have a home local derby our players showed no energy, drive, passion, and generally looked like they would rather be anywhere else.

Fast forward the make the long trip to Ipswich where we have a modest away following and transformed into an aggressive, together, hungry and motivated group. Tackles were flying in and the speed of passing and movement off the ball was great.

So next we have Swansea at home and I have absolutely no feeling about which team will turn up.

The team which faces sides that sit back and lets us pass in front of them im guessing.

On 06/03/2024 at 13:41, Club and Country said:

It will be the exact same performance as the ones v qpr , sheff wed and Cardiff unfortunately 

I dont think it will, swansea are the perfect opponent for us, like to get it down and play, which suits us as we can deal with that sort of game better, but they dont have the same quality as a Southampton and ipswich. Not saying we will definitely win, but in theory, they are exactly who we would want to be playing. Agree with someone else though, if we lose we are in big trouble.

It’s Mother’s Day so I won’t be going and thank God for that. 

Unless I am mistaken they have only failed to score in four of their games since December, but their -11 GD tells you that they are no strangers to conceding goals too!

So I reckon we can (and will) win on Sunday, I do worry about going a goal down first, because (IMHO) following this bad run, the confidence levels will be low.  Regardless, I will do my best to get behind the team. 

Win or lose at the weekend, I just want to see the lads go for it, and I want to see LM respond to any in game changes and substitutions made by them. 

On 06/03/2024 at 18:47, Numero Uno said:

Sunday is THE season decider for me. Win and we can take a deep breath whilst the season just slowly extinguishes to nothing. Draw or lose and it becomes a full-on relegation scrap from a position of almost guaranteed safety after Middlesbrough.

Can’t say I’m impressed that it’s reached this position tbh.

Agree with this.. after the Swansea game the next 4 matches are really tough. Lose on Sunday and it could be 9 on the trot 😢

3 hours ago, FNQ said:

Agree with this.. after the Swansea game the next 4 matches are really tough. Lose on Sunday and it could be 9 on the trot 😢

To think we could go into Sundays game only 3 points away from the relegation zone is absolutely hilarious. 

How Tinnion and Manning still have a job is anyone’s guess 

• Like 1

I’m afraid I have an idea of which team will turn up 🙈

8 minutes ago, ray savino said:

We will win 3-1. Scorers Conway, Vyner, Twine for City. Grimes for Swansea. 

Who is Twine? Or is it Thrice? Can he play football?

I thought he was on a convalescent holiday in the south west as the sun doesn't shine in north east Lancashire until June!

Sunday isn't a season decider , but what it will decide is some fans opinion of Manning.

I think a few of the up coming games will be more to our liking , teams that like to keep the ball and impose themselves on games or attack. Swansea , like possession and concede goals seems an ideal mix for us. If we somehow end up playing slow , turgid , impotent football it will really increase the pressure. I don't think it will pan out like that . There should be plenty of opportunities to pinch the ball high at get at them, just what we need ATM.

Not going to go as far as predict a big win, but you would think Sunday would suit us. 

• Like 1