IGNORED

How on earth can we know which BCFC will turn up on Sunday?

6 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

I just said elsewhere, it's pretty much the perfect opponent for us. Early in LMs reign I would  have been confident but we have clearly regressed somewhat reverently.

Just love your use of the word ‘somewhat’

On 06/03/2024 at 13:31, Numero Uno said:

Sunday will be a poor turnout. Two horrendous home displays followed by a game on Mothers Day. I’ll be there and would take a disgusting 1-0’er tbh.

It's all about the win... couldn't care if were absolute shite so long as we get the points..

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Just love your use of the word ‘somewhat’

3 of the last 4 games have been awful. The 4th, was an awful result but actually a decent performance. Just have to hope we take the decent performance rather than the awful result into Sunday.

I always think, bad runs rarely end with a sparking performance, it just needs to be a win to reboot a bit or confidence.

On 06/03/2024 at 13:11, Clutton Caveman said:

I am fully aware that some teams attack and some sit back and defend and this impacts our success HOWEVER, what I cannot understand is when we have a home local derby our players showed no energy, drive, passion, and generally looked like they would rather be anywhere else.

Fast forward the make the long trip to Ipswich where we have a modest away following and transformed into an aggressive, together, hungry and motivated group. Tackles were flying in and the speed of passing and movement off the ball was great.

So next we have Swansea at home and I have absolutely no feeling about which team will turn up.

It's got nothing to do with the players intensity, they're playing just as hard in both games. The difference is when the opposition attacks us we're fighting to get the ball back and get on that fast counter so we look more aggressive and determined. 

When we play a team who sit back and counter us we have more possession but can't actually do much with it so the slow passing, retaining possession football comes out where we look boring and lifeless. You see bursts of our best football when the opposition disposess us and we get the ball back quickly because then the transition is more open for our attack. 

The whole blaming the players thing doesn't sit well for me, we saw under Pearson that the players are driven, we've seen it in patches under Manning when they've been allowed to show it too but for the most part the laboured, "don't care" football is Mannings tactics being played as he's taught them. They're obviously uninspiring to the players as they struggle to break down teams who sit back but they're told to be patient in their build up and to retain the ball. Under Pearson it was more get it forward as quickly as possible and if the bank is lost fight for it high up the pitch again. 

I don't blame the players, I blame the tactics Manning is trying to play. We simply do not have the creativity or the shape to play a slow build up style, in fact I can't think of a single team in the Championship who do play a slow build up successfully. I mean even you look at the table the highest positioned team so play defensive football is Cardiff and even they hit on the counter attack rather than playing a slow build up style. 

We're going to keep getting contrasting performances as long as we try to play a slow build up, especially when we have so many players who shine when allowed to use their pace like Bell, Conway, Sykes, Pring and so many more. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 06/03/2024 at 20:56, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think playing Swansea will actually suit the players we have. 

They have a lot of possesion and play with a high line I believe? 

They do like to play with possession and they do like to play a high line.

However, they and their management team will look to adapt to situations when the above is not best suited to the game they are in. In short, they have a Plan B and Plan C, so they can adapt.

This is where LM has been so disappointing. We are so predictable and when it isn't working we know the changes he will try and implement (such as they are) so if we know it then you can be damn sure the opposition management and players know it.

45 minutes ago, supercidered said:

They do like to play with possession and they do like to play a high line.

However, they and their management team will look to adapt to situations when the above is not best suited to the game they are in. In short, they have a Plan B and Plan C, so they can adapt.

This is where LM has been so disappointing. We are so predictable and when it isn't working we know the changes he will try and implement (such as they are) so if we know it then you can be damn sure the opposition management and players know it.

I don't know how welded Williams is to his principles but if I was him I'd have them sit back against us. Frustrate us and the crowd. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Swansea:

image.thumb.png.dd11475038c78d59f0f6ad630060338d.png

Average attack

Below average defence

Very slow build-up, possession based

Medium / above average pressing intent, but very effective

Sounds like a bore fest waiting to happen against our lot. 

Qué...a 6 goal thriller 🤷🤣

• Like 1

On 06/03/2024 at 13:39, westonred said:

We only seem to play well when were in front of the TV Cameras strange that

Did you even see the Leeds match?!?  Yes, they were a class above, but we rolled over and had our tummies tickled live on TV.

8 hours ago, Spike said:

It's got nothing to do with the players intensity, they're playing just as hard in both games. The difference is when the opposition attacks us we're fighting to get the ball back and get on that fast counter so we look more aggressive and determined. 

When we play a team who sit back and counter us we have more possession but can't actually do much with it so the slow passing, retaining possession football comes out where we look boring and lifeless. You see bursts of our best football when the opposition disposess us and we get the ball back quickly because then the transition is more open for our attack. 

This is one of the most worrying things for me. Manning doesn't influence whether we are going to play well or not, the opposition do

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

This is one of the most worrying things for me. Manning doesn't influence whether we are going to play well or not, the opposition do

Yep, the basis of my reply to Spud earlier.

On 06/03/2024 at 13:17, Numero Uno said:

Sunday is THE season decider for me. Win and we can take a deep breath whilst the season just slowly extinguishes to nothing. Draw or lose and it becomes a full-on relegation scrap from a position of almost guaranteed safety after Middlesbrough.

Can’t say I’m impressed that it’s reached this position tbh.

Then we must fight. Tooth and nail stuff