IGNORED

How can you tell Kieran McKennas Irish?

I promise I’m not trying to turn this into another Nigel Pearson thread, but one of the reasons many of us warmed to him was because he spoke in joined up sentences & never came out with banality like this.

Not a dig at Manning or McKenna specifically, but there’s loads of it about, isn’t there?

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I promise I’m not trying to turn this into another Nigel Pearson thread, but one of the reasons many of us warmed to him was because he spoked in joined up sentences & never came out with banality like this.

Not a dig at Manning or McKenna specifically, but there’s loads of it about, isn’t there?

There is. I’ve been toying with a thread about the “new breed” of coaches and their relative success (or lack thereof) but have been holding off as I know it’d just become another NP/LM thread

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I promise I’m not trying to turn this into another Nigel Pearson thread, but one of the reasons many of us warmed to him was because he spoke in joined up sentences & never came out with banality like this.

It just sounds as if he's trying to be kind to LM and not embarrass his friend. I'd rather objectivity, personally. Privately he can support his friend but don't try and gaslight the fans please.

• Like 2

What he doesn't mention in the article, is what he did/ does to change the circumstances and fine margins in his favour. 

Lots of coaches say this about the championship, but never discuss how to beat those margins. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Referred to the team as just "Bristol". Boooo 

As the Gas are about as significant as a spot of mud under a rock sitting at the bottom of the Mariana Trench, I think I'm now okay with this sort of thing.

And in my early supporting days - where we dropped through the leagues (matching my form year at senior school for the first four years) - one of the chants was 'Bristol' clap clap clap 'Bristol' clap clap clap.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Only if you pass the Rene Gilmartin test for Irishness.

For example:

Goalscoring zone: final turd.

Implement used to hurl the ball into the final turd: long trow.

Honest pass into the final turd: true ball

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

29 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Only if you pass the Rene Gilmartin test for Irishness.

For example:

Goalscoring zone: final turd.

Implement used to hurl the ball into the final turd: long trow.

Honest pass into the final turd: true ball

That's foinal turd, thank you very much!

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

There is. I’ve been toying with a thread about the “new breed” of coaches and their relative success (or lack thereof) but have been holding off as I know it’d just become another NP/LM thread

Tank de Lord you didnt create another LM/NP thread - Hugely overdone on this Forum.

I tink de new breed must be so bored with having to spend so much time, pre-match, post match and at random 'rumour times' as the "new breed" of fan is absurdly 'entitled'. Many seem to think BCFC is their club, that anyone else should throw money at a business losing £millions every month, that they/we deserve to be better than we are, that our manager, med team, scouts, academy coaches etc etc should all be able to turn wins out of most games.

I  try not to point a finger just at social media for this new breed of fan entitlement but i do think the media in general, with hundreds of hours of football talk per week is a significant factor compared to say 50 yrs ago. I dont think AD spent more than 10 mins per week with the media. Pearson (bless the old boy) spent several hours per week and so it probably is what LM and any next coach has to do contractually?