IGNORED

FA Youth Cup - Match Thread

26 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

Given the incompetent way most of the club’s media is run my tendency is to assume the lack of info is down to insufficient staff or organisation, however I do wonder whether with U18s there are potential safeguarding implications of providing even a name and photo until their 18th birthdays. 

If you're talking about losing players to other Clubs , they would already be aware of all those players without a Pen photo and Bio. And they don't play behind closed doors.

As for the Media Dept ? Who knows. With how long it takes to run a site, I would think 2 kids straight out of College could cover it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

Given the incompetent way most of the club’s media is run my tendency is to assume the lack of info is down to insufficient staff or organisation, however I do wonder whether with U18s there are potential safeguarding implications of providing even a name and photo until their 18th birthdays. 

It’s reasonable but if you follow that through to its natural conclusion you couldn’t have them on TV last night as names and live pictures were shown. We’ve also done signing on announcements for players like Bak, Duncan etc giving full names and written them up in tweets etc so I don’t think it can be that on the whole.

@Northern Red they tend to give a first name for signings as opposed to a surname as well or no name for younger ones joining the academy.

I think the relevant age here is 16, or 15 with parental consent. If I think about Marvin Brown playing for the first team, or at a higher level Theo Walcott they had profiles/ photos at 16.

The most likely explanation is the right one - that they could do it but haven’t.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Thanks 1

A season or so back I asked Tins if he could sort out updating the academy player webpages, and he said he’d sort it.  A few days later it was done.  Dunno if he did it himself, or he got someone to do it, but it doesn’t appear to be on anyone’s “to-do list”.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A season or so back I asked Tins if he could sort out updating the academy player webpages, and he said he’d sort it.  A few days later it was done.  Dunno if he did it himself, or he got someone to do it, but it doesn’t appear to be on anyone’s “to-do list”.

One way to find out.

How was the spelling?

• Haha 7

Very long and detailed article on the BBC sport website about Millwall being a Championship club and getting to the semi final of this tournament. 

We get a one line mention halfway through.

Talk about London bias!! 

32 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Very long and detailed article on the BBC sport website about Millwall being a Championship club and getting to the semi final of this tournament. 

Talk about London bias!! 

To be fair, this was published not two weeks ago so I’m not sure that argument is valid:

Bristol City: How Championship club became a factory for homegrown talent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68628932

1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

Talk about London bias!! 

South London is a hot pool full of talent

Just watched the FBC Pod 
 am amazed that although the Semi Final was important enough to pull players from the U21s and the first team bench, but not important enough to travel up the night before.
You have to wonder if sitting in a coach for hours on the day of the game , had something to do with the 3 lads injuries.
Seems a mad decision to make. 

• Like 4

On 07/04/2024 at 07:29, Sleepy1968 said:

Just hijacking thread to say fair play to Leeds who had a 10k+ crowd for their 4-3 win over Milwall in the other semi.

Apparently took 6,500 to the final , whatever you think of them it's great support.

I just wonder what might have been. Those early injuries should have killed us , but they stuck at it and were unlucky at times.