IGNORED

FA Youth Cup - Match Thread

5 minutes ago, LondonRobin said:

Right missed this - those of you watched top 3 who do you think has the best chance of making it to first team

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Gave a great account of themselves. Werd always going to run out of steam at the end given the gulf in intensity both will be used to. Really hope to see some of them given a shot soon, though Yeboah was excellent again.

A certain level of irony in 3 muscle injuries hugely damaging our chances….!

The three who got injured seem to know what it takes to play for this club

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LondonRobin said:

Right missed this - those of you watched top 3 who do you think has the best chance of making it to first team

There’s the lad on the bench who’s only 16 that Tinnion says is the next big thing.  Apart from him the best for me from the bits I’ve watched are James, Campbell-Slowey, Phillips, Nelson, Meerholz and Morrison. 

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

Me, myself and I.

As per his interview where he pretty much stated everything was geared to the U18s winning it this season, losing in the semis is a failure no? 

I cant stand Tinnion but this is so disrespectful to the players imo.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LondonRobin said:

Yeboah, Meerholz, Campbell-Slowey, Nelson should all be involved in first team pre season as standard imo. Been the standouts from the 18s & 21s this year. 

Edited by petehinton

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Gave a great account of themselves. Werd always going to run out of steam at the end given the gulf in intensity both will be used to. Really hope to see some of them given a shot soon, though Yeboah was excellent again.

A certain level of irony in 3 muscle injuries hugely damaging our chances….!

Also the sub before half time reduced our chances. Not sure what the thinking was but having fresh legs for 2nd half as Man City did would have helped. Nevertheless a good effort against the Cat1 academy favourites.

Edited by E.G.Red

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I cant stand Tinnion but this is so disrespectful to the players imo.

Not at all. They put a great effort in and looked the more likely at times. Really unlucky. 

Being pedantic after the absolutely drivel he spouted in his last interview.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jose said:

Me, myself and I.

As per his interview where he pretty much stated everything was geared to the U18s winning it this season, losing in the semis is a failure no? 

Me isnt we, and a semi final defeat isnt a failure. You know that though. 

Well done, and commiserations, to all the players involved in this Cup run. One or two highly promising lads coming through 👍

Well done, and commiserations, to the people who've coached these lads - Bell and Challis, as I understand it.

Note who isn't involved in any of that, btw. Credit is due where it's deserved, nowhere else.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Meerholz is the one who I’d try to expose / give an opportunity too over the last 6 games.

Agreed, made the bench at West Brom away IIRC. If we are going to persist with the current formation then worth some minutes in one of the holding roles. Also, I believe he can play and has looked comfortable operating in defence for the u21s when required.

Edited by Tony Tootle
typo
  • Like 1

Great effort for the lads, one thing I will say if they want more subscribers to robins tv, they need to play our youth games, u18s and 23s. Also club need to update the website we all wanna know about these players of the future

• Like 4

I agree and Meerholz has a bit of everything to be successful & be good to see him introduced this season.  Also really like Anderson and Campbell Slowey who both have really good chances of being a success here.

Congratulations to everyone involved with 18s as a great campaign.

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Meerholz is the one who I’d try to expose / give an opportunity too over the last 6 games

• Like 1

Played really well, thought we were better side 1st half. When we got the 3rd injury Man City seemed to go up a level and had a few chances end of 1st half.

Second half played well should have scored Bak/Yeboah between them should have. Philips unlucky with his  effort but by then the fresh legs of Man City were kicking in. Last 20 mins only looked like one team would score.

Third sub interesting debate was 8 mins added time, good 10 mins with 10 men or bring on a sub. 50/50 call.

Why a break for Ramadan in stoppage time, nothing in laws about having one and if they played nearly whole half without a break why not the extra few mins. Just because it’s sunset does not mean they have to eat/drink straight away. Just stopped the flow of the game. 

Campbell Slowey, Philips and Hewlett were my stand outs. James thought was a bit disappointing defensively left too much space for there wide player, was great going forward and winning headers from goal kicks.

The  number 8 for Man City how he never got backed I do not know, commuted at least 4 cynical fouls.

22 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

He says while not ignoring me

You couldn't make it up.

You and countless others have been on my ignore list for a very long time. 

The fact I've ignored all of your countless quotes and mentions for a long time should have told you that. 

Based on your reply I'm pretty sure you don't know how the ignore function works on this site. 

You and countless others who have suddenly returned from a hiatus are still on my ignore list for the avoidance of any doubt. 

12 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

He’s an absolute baby. 

Welcome to my ignore list. 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You and countless others have been on my ignore list for a very long time. 

The fact I've ignored all of your countless quotes and mentions for a long time should have told you that. 

Based on your reply I'm pretty sure you don't know how the ignore function works on this site. 

You and countless others who have suddenly returned from a hiatus are still on my ignore list for the avoidance of any doubt. 

Welcome to my ignore list. 

What hiatus?

I haven't gone anywhere :laugh:

Sometimes I post less often because I find the extreme negativity on here incredibly draining. But I'm still around- not that I post prolifically anyway. It tends to just be flurries here and there.

I also don't just block people because they disagree with me, bit 1984ish there Seagull.

I know how the ignore function works, but it's a bit pointless if you choose to *ahem* ignore it's functionality regardless.

18 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I’m a very proud member of his ignore list. You’re just not trying hard enough @transfer reader

Good company to be in (not like that!)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

What hiatus?

I haven't gone anywhere :laugh:

Sometimes I post less often because I find the extreme negativity on here incredibly draining. But I'm still around- not that I post prolifically anyway. It tends to just be flurries here and there.

I also don't just block people because they disagree with me, bit 1984ish there Seagull.

I know how the ignore function works, but it's a bit pointless if you choose to *ahem* ignore it's functionality regardless.

Hes a moron pal, just ignore him, makes the forum better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

I also don't just block people because they disagree with me

Neither do I, this place would be very quiet if I blocked everyone I disagreed with. Only ever block people who resort to personal insults because that is just childish. 

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Getting personal because I post opinions you don't agree with. I've heard it all now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Neither do I, this place would be very quiet if I blocked everyone I disagreed with. Only ever block people who resort to personal insults because that is just childish. 

Funny, I seem to remember you saying you put me on ignore because I said you were being "unreasonable"

In doing so proving the point I was making.

• Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Assumed Man City would be far superior but they really weren't.

Without the 3 injuries and the disruption they caused we may well have won it.

Poor crowd - I'd like to think it would have been much better supported at AG.

Fewer empty seats than the 1st XI get at the Etihad though…

Just now, transfer reader said:

Funny, I seem to remember you saying you put me on ignore because I said you were being "unreasonable"

In doing so proving the point I was making.

Don't think any of you are proving a point, just showing how immature you all are

11 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yeah, I'm gonna leave WSMFlyingRat alone for tonight now.

This thread should be celebrating the youth side and their efforts this season.

Apologies all for the derailing.

Edited by transfer reader
  • Like 1