IGNORED

Jamie Paterson - unknown Swansea future - BBC Article

Selred

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

I’m not sure why you consider O’Dowda dislikeable. Certainly ineffectual, but seemed a lovely lad. To me, at first sight he seemed to have it all - ability on the ball, strong, floated over the ground. But then the courage to use his skill seemed to disappear. I always wanted him to run at players, surge through the middle with the ball - but he didn’t. 

I don’t know if he lacked courage, or simply had risk taking coached out of him. I suspect the latter. Modern coaches want to retain possession rather than lose it, even if it is the risk takers that create chances. Callum just seemed endlessly to receive the ball wide, then turn and lay it backwards. But surely we see a lot of that in many players today as well?

I disliked him as he was a crap footballer who stole a living here for years, the winger role may have changed and features more passing backwards but he couldn't even do that on a consistent basis!