IGNORED

Swansea City at home match thread

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Jesus even Toby on RobinsTV is asking whether too many teams meetings is too much information.

If he's lost Toby Osborne then that's it. 

How else can Liam "give them the information"? The wrong information admittedly but it's a start. 😉

A few quick halftime thoughts, before I go and paint a piece of wood.

Wow, even by our recent pathetic standards that was utterly abysmal. I really don’t know what the players have been told or what the game plan might be.

45 minutes of atrocious football, where we have stood off their players throughout, allowing them plenty of time and space and on the rare occasion that we’ve had the ball we have given it away almost immediately.

Max’s distribution has been shocking, I don’t think we have put a decent tackle in during the first half and we have so few options we are forced to go sideways or backwards, which sadly in itself is not unusual.

I know recently in a training session we tried walking football and it looks like that approach has been adopted throughout the first half.

Trying to find positives is difficult, the only one I can see is a couple of decent through balls from Rob Dickie.

As poor as Swansea are, if this carries on and they continue to be given the time and space that we are giving them, surely even they will score.

Right, I’m off to watch some paint dry, it will be far more entertaining

Finally, my heart goes out to whoever has the job of piecing together some ‘highlights’ from this game, it could be the shortest highlight reel in the history of football.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, CityCiderEd said:

Swans tv commentary saying Bristol City don't look interested and Swansea unable to find a way to break them down......sums us up perfectly. Cornick is no winger so get Sykes on. TGH has been woeful and is half the player he was when he joined. One of the most boring games I've seen, we look totally clueless. 

Yes, get Wells & sykes on & go 4-4-2...

6 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

This has to be the straw that broke the camels back today. No fight from the players. The battling qualities they had under Pearson seems to have disappeared. For a "derby" only swans fans making any noise as city fans can't believe what we are seeing

Shame on them if that's the case. They get paid a lot of money and people pay a lot of money to watch them

Edited by AshtonGreat
  • Admin
4 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

This has to be the straw that broke the camels back today. No fight from the players. The battling qualities they had under Pearson seems to have disappeared. For a "derby" only swans fans making any noise as city fans can't believe what we are seeing

Boos count as noise right?

2 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Half-time competition:

Who can come up with the most positive thing about the first half?

There's now 45 mins less Manning-ball we have to endure.

• Haha 1

To be clear, IF we were to suddenly play well 2nd half, and win this game. 

That isn’t anyway down to Liam Manning- as the game started, and once the game starts, he can’t make any changes to effect the performance. 

so this is now on the players, Manning has already shown he has no idea. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

Why is there no chants of;

Brian Tinnion get out of our club or We want Manning out.

It needs to be as hostile as possible in the 2nd half, screw getting behind the team, the fans there have to make it abundantly clear.

Everyone should have go to the concourse and refused to come back in to the ground until about the 50th minute. A completely empty stadium would send a massive message out!!!

A few boos does nothing, the fans have to go for the Jugular and make it 100% toxic. Those behind the dugouts should be chanting solid for 45 minutes, we want Manning out!!!

They have to go, enough is enough. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
Just now, robinforlife2 said:

Why is there no chants of;

Brian Tinnion get out of our club or We want Manning out.

It needs to be as hostile as possible in the 2nd half, screw getting behind the team, the fans there have to make it abundantly clear.

Everyone should have go to the concourse and refused to come back in to the ground until about the 50th minute. A completely empty stadium would send a massive message out!!!

A few boos does nothing, the fans have to go for the Jugular and make it 100% toxic. Those behind the dugouts should be chanting solid for 45 minutes, we want Manning out!!!

They have to go, enough is enough. 

Barely enough here to start a chant……

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

"Derby" 🤣 They don't half drum this up on social media forcing a rivalry. This is never a derby. Our derbies are Rovers, Cardiff and Swindon and always will be, there's a mutual dislike between us and all 3 of those clubs.

• Like 1

Players haven't downed tools, I think it says a lot about their professionalism because they must know this is shut.

Boos are squarely aimed at Manning and the bunch if ****s that appointed him.

I can't see the players putting up with the boos and stick for much longer.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Players have chucked in the towel. Thats pissing me off now

We’ve gone from having a squad of hard working, honest and truly likeable players to this crap. I feel for them tbh, as much as it’s frustrating for us as fans, don’t think the players enjoy this either, they’re being told to play this way and it’ll be killing their potential in their careers too. Conways got a euros on his mind for example…

One thing I always had to say to team mates when we went through changes like this is that you have to do what the manager says. If you do what he says and it’s shit and it doesn’t work, it’s the managers fault. If you ignore what he says and try to do your own thing, it’s now your fault.

This today is worlds apart from Tuesday, this looks more like a “lost dressing room” than anything we’ve seen to now. They don’t believe in this plan.

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Unfortunately, as Manning said in his pre-match presser, "once the match has started there is very little a manager can do to impact the game" so don't expect much improvement in the second half, Liam said that isn't possible.

All we have to do is execute the game plan cos he's done his home work and the game plan is perfect. 

2 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

To be clear, IF we were to suddenly play well 2nd half, and win this game. 

That isn’t anyway down to Liam Manning- as the game started, and once the game starts, he can’t make any changes to effect the performance. 

so this is now on the players, Manning has already shown he has no idea. 

This! In fact, I was surprised to see him calling the players over during an injury break... then again, probably just re-iterating the importance of sticking to the plan - despite the boos :D