IGNORED

Swansea City at home match thread

5 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

I give you West Ham 'Boro, Saints  Forest off the top ... and although there have been some poor games to take this stance is well just underlines what I am saying about Doom mongering on here, he inherited a paper thin squad with the best talent flogged off and not replaced, and yet we won't get relegated this season or next. 

IF he get the sack just who the Hell do we turn to anyway? Because for the life of me I can't think of anyone and no can anyone on here too...unless you can.🤔

I’ve suggested Michael Duff.  I’m sure there are other candidates out there too.  I don’t really track managers.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting choice in mentioning Blackburn - sold their talented young CM - Adam Wharton on Feb 1st.

image.png.4fbec169b18e75d6ecd978d5604d23a7.png

Why the relevance of Wharton?  Because I saw him as being the most-Alex Scott type young player in the championship.

and they didn’t replace him, even let Travis go out on loan too.

You might argue they sabotaged their season!  JDT sacked 8 days later.  Although I quite like Eustace.

Is that why TRAVIS is on here. OTIB has a shit loan policy! 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

I give you West Ham 'Boro, Saints  Forest off the top ... and although there have been some poor games to take this stance is well just underlines what I am saying about Doom mongering on here, he inherited a paper thin squad with the best talent flogged off and not replaced, and yet we won't get relegated this season or next. 

IF he get the sack just who the Hell do we turn to anyway? Because for the life of me I can't think of anyone and no can anyone on here too...unless you can.🤔

Re: above, he was very happy with what he had when he walked in the door: Manning said: "The big bit is the playing group that is currently here." - "The big attraction is the current group that are in place".

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Brilliant Top ten underperforming squad to inherited a paper thin squad!

The way some reinvent the past four months is astonishing! 

Wait until Sid appears on the radio tonight.....you will hear some prime revisionism then. It's not even four months either - no mention of paper thin squad when we were 15 points clear of relegation places a few weeks back. Now he's performed miracles to have us 9 clear with 9 to go.

• Flames 1
5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Wait until Sid appears on the radio tonight.....you will hear some prime revisionism then. It's not even four months either - no mention of paper thin squad when we were 15 points clear of relegation places a few weeks back. Now he's performed miracles to have us 9 clear with 9 to go.

I’ll be listening!

1 hour ago, cotswoldred2 said:

It’s not doom mongering at all , it’s a honest assessment . The games you mention . Prem teams give you more time on the ball than the chaos of the champ plus teams raise their games in the cup . We generally were counter attacking in most of those games. That’s how this squad has been built by Pearson , so it suits us. I’m not having squad excuses because we’ve been told by tinnion that this squad should be challenging top end but you yourself have mentioned us not getting relegated. That’s the opposite of what manning signed up for. Are you willing to wager we won’t go down next season ? As I see it , with him in charge with tinnion overseaing things we’re in trouble next season 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, cotswoldred2 said:

The final half hour at Middlesbrough was appalling. Wow we made them look like Man City or at least not that level but a technically superb, dominant side but not.Man City..you could argue it started post half time but this stat tells a story.

Absorb pressure sure, absorb and counter better, use the ball better when you have it yes but come on..

That is the last half hour plus stoppage there. 

Screenshot_20240311-170606_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89551697526a0711aeedf49ba4230d17.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The final half hour at Middlesbrough was appalling. Wow we made them look like Man City or at least not that level but a technically superb, dominant side but not.Man City..you could argue it started post half time but this stat tells a story.

Absorb pressure sure, absorb and counter better, use the ball better when you have it yes but come on..

Screenshot_20240311-170606_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89551697526a0711aeedf49ba4230d17.jpg

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The final half hour at Boro was awful...sorry but you are pretty much entrenched as many others on here are that Manning can do no good even when winning...there will i hope be a lot of back peddling before the end of the season. It used to be not Mannings fault  but Steve or Jon, Tinman et all for hiring him, so effing fickle. So if not Manning who? Forget Nigel, Neil  not gonna happen, we have a promising coach we need to show some bottle and give him time. 

5 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

The final half hour at Boro was awful...sorry but you are pretty much entrenched as many others on here are that Manning can do no good even when winning...there will i hope be a lot of back peddling before the end of the season. It used to be not Mannings fault  but Steve or Jon, Tinman et all for hiring him, so effing fickle. So if not Manning who? Forget Nigel, Neil  not gonna happen, we have a promising coach we need to show some bottle and give him time. 

I want us to win, if Manning wins games and starts to develop the style I'll be very happy...am far from alone I'm sure but the reason I and doubtless many others are so frustrated is we can see that the hierarchy are mismanaging the club that we all care deeply about. Well that's my take anyway.

The structure is horrible tbh..Marshall, Rawcliffe, Jon Lansdown and Tinnion wow. Throw in an inexperienced manager and it's very difficult.

They sacked a perfectly decent manager but that aside the whole structure needs sorting first.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting choice in mentioning Blackburn - sold their talented young CM - Adam Wharton on Feb 1st.

image.png.4fbec169b18e75d6ecd978d5604d23a7.png

Why the relevance of Wharton?  Because I saw him as being the most-Alex Scott type young player in the championship.

and they didn’t replace him, even let Travis go out on loan too.

You might argue they sabotaged their season!  JDT sacked 8 days later.  Although I quite like Eustace.

Ahhhhh

thats where he came from 

🤣

Surprised he’s not jumped into this thread  😗🤣

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

So, are you judging reaction on the result alone and if we win it must be deemed faultless.  Even our head-coach doesn’t take that view.  There is a more nuanced view than that, that some of us have.

But you are entitled to judge it however you like.  But if we must only praise wins, are you only gonna criticise defeats?  It can there be nuance to that too?

• Like 2