IGNORED

Swansea City at home match thread

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Ok, a win is a win and the points hopefully secure our Championship status. There are, however, 3 changes that need to be made before next season. The following need to be moved on and replaced IMO:

Mehmeti

Cornick

Manning

Mehmeti's individual excellence created the goal for us today.

He was also our most dangerous player vs Ipswich.

And was arguably our most influential attacker in the Southampton win too.

I gather that a few seem to have it in for him on here, but Mehmeti is currently at the top of the pecking order among our wingers (probably joined by Sykes). He's far from our biggest issue, as much as it may pain some of our fans to admit it.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Didn’t hang around for the post match pitch walk .. did Liam do his fist pump to the crowd or had everyone gone also ?

No. He walked around but I guess he rightly gauged the mood and didn't risk it. Right call to be fair

• Like 4

Big 3 points. Needed a win. However we feel about Manning, Tinnion and JL, we don't want to get drawn into a relegation scrap. Going down would set us back years.

Do the players come out with any credit? Improved second half after having 0 shots on goal in the first half. Booing during the first half according to BBC, not just at half time. Improved after the break which didn't happen against Birmingham, QPR, Millwall, Cardiff, etc etc etc. Clutching at straws maybe, but at least they went on to create a few chances and win the game rather than complete capitulation.

Still, saddest thing is how we've gone from a decent feeling around the club to utter, abject, indifference. Never has a win against Swansea left me feeling so unenthused. How the higher ups can say we're moving in the right direction is delusional.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Agree - he is normally poor but today made multiple chances. Wish he could improve his decision making / final ball.....I'm highly critical of him...but credit where its due. Well played.

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I gather that a few seem to have it in for him on here, but Mehmeti is currently at the top of the pecking order among our wingers (probably joined by Sykes). He's far from our biggest issue, as much as it may pain some of our fans to admit it.

Well the sad fact is we will never progress with Mehmeti (or Cornick) in our team.  He is the proverbial one trick pony and not a particularly good one.  If you are happy with our performances of late then that is your prerogative.  I for one am not.  In a word we are shite !!

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Absolutely turgid.

We rely completely on Dickie & Vyner & that guarantees our safety pretty much but what a drab watch.

Fair play to Roberts & Sykes though, definitely improved us when they came on.

• Like 6
23 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

yesssssssssssssssssssssss ******* get innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

MOANERS OUT!

Really were you there? It was turgid. We had 27% possession all game. If we pay hard earnt money to watch we should expect better then that. Happy with result but not the overall performance.

Edited by Crackers Corner
  • Like 2
  • Robin 1
24 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I like him, like the crowd, opposing players don’t know what he’s going to do next

5 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Played like he’d won a competition 

Made Bas Savage look like Pele

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

I like him, like the crowd, opposing players don’t know what he’s going to do next

and neither does he

• Haha 1