IGNORED

Swansea City at home match thread

4 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

Felt like a club on its arse today. All the optimism and togetherness under Pearson drained away. Didn’t give a toss about the win felt nothing

Sadly this. Now we have to contend with LM feeing as though he has to shield the players from negativity… yet he fails to see, it’s his management (and the Echelons) that have created it - not the fans.

Unity anyone?

23 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Really were you there? It was turgid. We had 27% possession all game. If we pay hard earnt money to watch we should expect better then that. Happy with result but not the overall performance.

Don't know what you expected, Swansea play possession football they were always going to be hard to break down, I of course sympathise with shelling out and watching a dull game, but I always celebrate a win and not the performance. Any win instills a better feeling and hopefully performance for the next match. Of course it would be great if we played like Brazil, but that might be a few games off just yet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
1 minute ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Don't know what you expected, Swansea play possession football they were always going to be hard to break down, I of course sympathise with shelling out and watching a dull game, but I always celebrate a win and not the performance. Any win instills a better feeling and hopefully performance for the next match. Of course it would be great if we played like Brazil, but that might be a few games off just yet.

I expected us to have a shot first half😂😂

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, RedM said:

No. He walked around but I guess he rightly gauged the mood and didn't risk it. Right call to be fair

I actually saw him do a vague attempt at it as he walked away from the singing section, two limp fist pumps rather than the usual. All a bit pathetic really. 

6 minutes ago, Lakeside Red said:

Total dross today but a welcome 3points . Manning out for me 

Unfortunately he’s staying. That result will just vindicate their decision to stick with him. 

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Hadwin claiming that he’s seen evidence that we are getting better as a side and talking about player overhaul in the summer 

What a load of b******

Also said that were are better defensively under Manning! 

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Hadwin claiming that he’s seen evidence that we are getting better as a side and talking about player overhaul in the summer 

What a load of b******

First bit is horseshit.

Let’s see how we get on in replacing Weimann (another assist for a team in the playoff positions today), James & King shall we?

Our January business consisted of bringing 2 players in who were on the bench today, one clearly wasn’t fit enough to play, the other is so poor that an under pressure coach can’t risk doing so.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1
3 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Why concentrate on the negative, we were tight and how many shots did they have ?

Exactly....

If you crave entertainment go to the cinema...football is not a guaranteed outcome.

Many did decide to do something else more enjoyable today. Thousands in fact. The Gate was half empty.

2 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Why concentrate on the negative, we were tight and how many shots did they have ?

Exactly....

If you crave entertainment go to the cinema...football is not a guaranteed outcome.

The performance was poor, in this game we got a chance and took it but we didn't perform any better and it's not the entertainment that we're concerned about, it's the ability to win games. We lost 4 consecutive games and then scraped a 1-0 win with a very poor performance, is that what you want from your football club? 

32 minutes ago, BigTone said:

The one upside to all this is that we didn't sign that Brazilian wizard Ronald before Swansea.  He can't take a short corner of even a throw in. How did he ever become a professional footballer ?

I don’t think I’ve seen a worse player at championship level . Although we’ve had a few 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Exactly....

**** me . Are you blind ? That was abysmal as has most of the football under manning . We will get relegated with him in charge next season . 

• Like 1

First half was awful today. I can only assume that manning instructed everyone to stand off swansea all first half, even before the changes in the 2nd half we'd got slightly better by actually pressing and chasing in midfield rather than just the front 2 doing it. Roberts and sykes then added the quality that we'd been lacking.

We still got cut open and swansea should have punished us before we actually created any openings in the 2nd half.

At the moment that result is papering over the cracks. Its just so boring most of the time, that result has just slowed the decline rather being a turning point.

In reality it was two poor sides playing it out today. We managed to edge it.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Exactly....

Are you braindead?

Screenshot_20240310_153559_Chrome.thumb.jpg.54cf7c5b76adfc312726b5f6c343245f.jpg