IGNORED

Anyone know the Pub times?

Just wondering what times the Pubs open in BS3.
The Cardiff game was ok as the Coopers opened at 10am , but that was Saturday. The last time I was there early on a Sunday I ended up walking for ages and ended up in 'Spoons . 

The smart plan therefore is to buy alcohol tonight and drink it tomorrow morning.

12.30pm kick-off leaves some time. Albeit drinking so early and on a Sunday too is quite unnatural.

I know someone who used to drink alcohol on the bus, at the bus stop post his shifts..He clearly didn't care much for convention.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Pubs can’t open before 12midday on Sundays. Supermarkets/shops can’t sell alcohol until then either.

There's a problem with your logic.

I've just been told some mates are meeting in the Commercial Rooms , which opens at 8am so ........

Just now, 1960maaan said:

There's a problem with your logic.

I've just been told some mates are meeting in the Commercial Rooms , which opens at 8am so ........

They must have a special licence to be permitted to sell alcohol before midday on Sundays. They might be open to sell soft drinks and or providing breakfasts,

• Haha 1

Just now, Robbored said:

They must have a special licence to be permitted to sell alcohol before midday on Sundays. They might be open to sell soft drinks and or providing breakfasts,

Pretty sure the rules changed some time ago. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Whitchurch said:

Alcohol can be sold from 10am on Sundays in shops 

Are you sure? The licensing laws are standard across England. That said some places have special licenses allowed for ppl who work nights shifts - they’re usually in industrial\mining  areas. I know that some pubs around Billingsgate Fish market open early mornings.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The smart plan therefore is to buy alcohol tonight and drink it tomorrow morning.

12.30pm kick-off leaves some time. Albeit drinking so early and on a Sunday too is quite unnatural.

I know someone who used to drink alcohol on the bus, at the bus stop post his shifts..He clearly didn't care much for convention.

I got nasty habits, I take tea at three.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Pretty sure the rules changed some time ago. 

Maybe……:dunno: If I go into my local supermarket tomorrow at 11am to buy alcohol they would not be permitted to sell it to me until midday.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Maybe……:dunno: If I go into my local supermarket tomorrow at 11am to buy alcohol they would not be permitted to sell it to me until midday.

A quick Google says you're wrong.

Screenshot2024-03-09at19_00_08.png.2c4b730fc2671f1232ae4efb67234a0d.png

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

A quick Google says you're wrong.

Screenshot2024-03-09at19_00_08.png.2c4b730fc2671f1232ae4efb67234a0d.png

Most supermarkets don't allow sales of alchohol until 8am as I found out recently when I tried to buy a bottle of wine in Sainsburys (as a gift for a colleague) at 7.30 am

Edited by E.G.Red

Just now, sticks 1969 said:

Next he will be telling us they still smoke in pubs 

Not since July 2007 sticks

Made no direct difference to me tho - I quit smoking NY eve 1984/85. Might be coincidence but my first child a daughter was born in September of that year………..

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To be fair he'd let you his bus for cheap, telling you to 'hang on good'.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not since July 2007 sticks

Made no direct difference to me tho - I quit smoking NY eve 1984/85. Might be coincidence but my first child a daughter was born in September of that year………..

Probably is a coincidence. Stopping smoking isn't how babies are usually made.

• Haha 1