IGNORED

Who’s going to the game today ?

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Football was different then . It’s big business now but I agree  . I still have a quizzical look when someone walks past with a slice of pizza or curried goat at a football match 🙄 each to their own though . 
bovril & a horse pie was the staple diet. Not many of us miss those days food wise but the  football I do . It’s so sterile now . Every club from the prem to league 2 wants to play out from the back , split centre backs etc etc 😴 

Little spontaneity to the game anymore . 

It’s the fact that most clubs try and play the same way that leads to games cancelling out. You get a better game if one team is playing out from the keeper and the other is aggressive and direct imo. Defensively when every team is good at blocking off passing lanes you get sideways and backwards or a hopeless lump up the pitch. There’s little room for a decent game of football.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yep.

I'm certainly not looking forward to it. But unlike many City fans, it's just 2 minutes down the road for me, so it's much less of a inconvenience.

For my brother, Covid is keeping him away, so that means our mother can have his ticket. I don't think she's too pleased, but Happy Mother's Day mum!

I'd ask to see the test evidence. It might be a ruse to stay at home 🤣

Edited by Nomad

39 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 24 years. Supported the club since age of 5 . First season was 76/77 (glory hunter) 

I’ve done the blindly following no matter what , especially under the LJ years. It’s an age thing definitely as my favourite era was under TC . However im bored with it all under the lansdowns now . I’ve missed more games this season than ever before & look for reasons not to go now . 
So , my question is .
Are you going today because it’s what you do. 

same as me , bored with it 

still as enthusiastic as ever .

Theres no right or wrong , it’s how you feel . I’ll go to the Leicester game because a few of us are out 🍻🍻 after the game . Apart from that I’m done this season . 

I really do hope we win today to take pressure off 

Judging by the number in Wetherspoons quite a few

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Wow, my City history is identical to yours mate; started going in 76/77, season ticket since about 2000, and yes, I too have missed more games this season than for a very long time. 

It's not just City though, football is nothing like the game I loved as a youngster, on or off the pitch. Many would argue it's much better in all ways now than in the 70s, and they're probably right too. It just doesn't excite me like it did then.

That said, I am going today, and my biggest hope is that I won't be coming away with that crushing disappointment that the last few games have brought 

Edited by steviestevieneville
Re posted for some reason

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Been here an hour already! Billy no mates today, other than my 3 year old. Where else would I be on Mother’s Day though? 

In France eating stinky cheese & drinking Champagne with the man who adores you

• Haha 1

Nope. Mothers day not a great day for a game. Plus i cant be arsed. And neither am i going to watch it on tv either. Hoping i miss a comfortable victory but not bothered in the slightest im not making my way there now to watch another Sean O’Driscoll-type possession-for-the-sake of it performance. 

51 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Wow, my City history is identical to yours mate; started going in 76/77, season ticket since about 2000, and yes, I too have missed more games this season than for a very long time. 

It's not just City though, football is nothing like the game I loved as a youngster, on or off the pitch. Many would argue it's much better in all ways now than in the 70s, and they're probably right too. It just doesn't excite me like it did then.

That said, I am going today, and my biggest hope is that I won't be coming away with that crushing disappointment that the last few games have brought ☹️

Me too exactly.

not going today hate Sunday morning game’s always have.

everything just feels flat on a Sunday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 24 years. Supported the club since age of 5 . First season was 76/77 (glory hunter) 

I’ve done the blindly following no matter what , especially under the LJ years. It’s an age thing definitely as my favourite era was under TC . However im bored with it all under the lansdowns now . I’ve missed more games this season than ever before & look for reasons not to go now . 
So , my question is .
Are you going today because it’s what you do. 

same as me , bored with it 

still as enthusiastic as ever .

Theres no right or wrong , it’s how you feel . I’ll go to the Leicester game because a few of us are out 🍻🍻 after the game . Apart from that I’m done this season . 

I really do hope we win today to take pressure off 

Not been to a home game since New Year’s Day 

Not missed it at all and in no rush to go back 

• Like 1

Spent the morning with my mum, priority for today. No desire to follow the routine of years since 1974. Won’t be renewing, as handing more control of my diary to the tv companies next season is non negotiable especially for the dross we are watching now.

Incidentally, I took a day out yesterday and watched Wolves v Fulham. A mid table prem game, no tippy tappy rubbish. Two teams who wanted to play, a set of fans who were there to watch football rather than eat and drink - with no exodus at halftime or at 80 mins. All very refreshing. Game quality superior to the championship (apart from VAR).

At 58, changing allegiance isn’t possible as it’s in your blood. Moving with the times in the name of progress I get, but money, Sky, ‘Pep, the messiah’ and the expectation and acceptance of the millennial generation has generated in general a sterile dull experience, talked up by mercenary pundits who will say anything for a small fee! They’ve told you it’s good, and as a paying football public we continue to believe it. Yet when you reflect, without the rose tinted football glasses on, it’s a business (not just Bristol City) which is just about held together with clever marketing, dubious ownership funding, unethical sponsorship - brainwashing that this is football.

Yet pull away Sky the dictator, betting company sponsorships, the need to sell food and drink at extortionate prices, high cost tickets, replica kits made by labour in poor conditions, travel into cities that don’t want cars and local authorities who then want to overcharge you to park and fine you for being 5 minutes late back, because their maximum time doesn’t allow you to watch a football match….the fan (at the bottom of the pecking order) is expected in their millions, to pay hard earned cash to everyone above and feel the experience is worth it!

Pyramid selling at its best!

Paraphrased - no I’m not going, totally disillusioned with this club, not being ripped off any more! And I can see it’s 40 minutes in…0-0, glad I’m here in my castle being grumpy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Didn't go and more worrying  I didn’t miss it. I've lost the buzz completely thanks to the 3 stooges. Season ticket next year seems unlikely. Can't believe I feel like this after an important win.

Didn’t want to go, decided not to. Last minute phone call saying we’re on our way to pick you up changed that. Wish I hadn’t bothered.

Glad to see fans showing their feelings with a half empty ground. I will follow this as stated in another post.

It’s a shame we never get ‘bums on seats’ numbers when it comes to attendances. Would be amazed if there were more than 16k inside that ground today.