IGNORED

Who’s going to the game today ?

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 24 years. Supported the club since age of 5 . First season was 76/77 (glory hunter) 

I’ve done the blindly following no matter what , especially under the LJ years. It’s an age thing definitely as my favourite era was under TC . However im bored with it all under the lansdowns now . I’ve missed more games this season than ever before & look for reasons not to go now . 
So , my question is .
Are you going today because it’s what you do. 

same as me , bored with it 

still as enthusiastic as ever .

Theres no right or wrong , it’s how you feel . I’ll go to the Leicester game because a few of us are out 🍻🍻 after the game . Apart from that I’m done this season . 

I really do hope we win today to take pressure off 

• Like 3

Going, always do, I missed a few games earlier this season when my wife was unwell, but that’s pretty much the only thing bar the occasional holiday that keeps me away.

Am I as enthusiastic as ever? Probably not.

Am I going to renew? Certainly.

• Like 2
  • Robin 2

Nope can't make the game today along with my son doesn't seem many can to be honest nothings really motivated us to family first today. Still think we will get something from the game but who knows what team will turn up.

Edited by Street red

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Going, always do, I missed a few games earlier this season when my wife was unwell, but that’s pretty much the only thing bar the occasional holiday that keeps me away.

Am I as enthusiastic as ever? Probably not.

Am I going to renew? Certainly.

Will be there myself today. About to set off. See you later!

• Robin 1

Yep.

I'm certainly not looking forward to it. But unlike many City fans, it's just 2 minutes down the road for me, so it's much less of a inconvenience.

For my brother, Covid is keeping him away, so that means our mother can have his ticket. I don't think she's too pleased, but Happy Mother's Day mum!

• Haha 6
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Not there today but will definitely be renewing.

I view it as "our" club, the fans are the only constant everyone else from players, manager, board etc are just passing through.

I get that & have wrestled mentally for a few months about renewing . That last day to renew will be tough , but I just can’t stand the Lansdown’s tenure anymore. I’ll get a membership & pick & choose my games until their gone 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Weymouth in March !!!!!

It's complicated. We do house swap holidays and it's the return for one in Amsterdam last year. Dutch were at another house in Germany so the return swap is now. So we picked out Weymouth as ok for 10:days now. It's actually Portland and the gales haven't stopped since we arrived last Wednesday. Fxxcking freezing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 24 years. Supported the club since age of 5 . First season was 76/77 (glory hunter) 

I’ve done the blindly following no matter what , especially under the LJ years. It’s an age thing definitely as my favourite era was under TC . However im bored with it all under the lansdowns now . I’ve missed more games this season than ever before & look for reasons not to go now . 
So , my question is .

Theres no right or wrong , it’s how you feel . I’ll go to the Leicester game because a few of us are out 🍻🍻 after the game . Apart from that I’m done this season . 

I'm bored of the situation, something's gotta give. Season ticket sales will be coming up soon, will be interesting to see if change happens before/around then? 

I won't be going today because I'm going to my great nephew's 4th birthday party. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So , my question is .

Wow, my City history is identical to yours mate; started going in 76/77, season ticket since about 2000, and yes, I too have missed more games this season than for a very long time. 

It's not just City though, football is nothing like the game I loved as a youngster, on or off the pitch. Many would argue it's much better in all ways now than in the 70s, and they're probably right too. It just doesn't excite me like it did then.

That said, I am going today, and my biggest hope is that I won't be coming away with that crushing disappointment that the last few games have brought ☹️

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Was offered hospitality, but i am on call and I couldn’t really be bothered to make the effort to get it covered. 

Sad really. 

I do think the “actual” attendance might be quite low today and after Leicester, particularly if we are crawling to safety it might only go one way unfortunately.

15 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Grassroots for me and mine.  I really want to know how many Sunday games the new tv deal will potentially mean. 

Another reason for me not renew. Five games on sky every weekend . Three o’clock Saturdays used to be sacrosanct . It’s all over the place now . I hope the tv company’s have compensated the clubs with enough money because I can’t see how crowds won’t drop off 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Another reason for me not renew. Five games on sky every weekend . Three o’clock Saturdays used to be sacrosanct . It’s all over the place now . I hope the tv company’s have compensated the clubs with enough money because I can’t see how crowds won’t drop off 

Sundays in particular are a pain in the arse. If we were playing next Sunday instead of today I wouldn’t be going as the craic associated with playing Over 50’s football outweighs the football on offer at the Gate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Wow, my City history is identical to yours mate; started going in 76/77, season ticket since about 2000, and yes, I too have missed more games this season than for a very long time. 

It's not just City though, football is nothing like the game I loved as a youngster, on or off the pitch. Many would argue it's much better in all ways now than in the 70s, and they're probably right too. It just doesn't excite me like it did then.

That said, I am going today, and my biggest hope is that I won't be coming away with that crushing disappointment that the last few games have brought ☹️

Football was different then . It’s big business now but I agree  . I still have a quizzical look when someone walks past with a slice of pizza or curried goat at a football match 🙄 each to their own though . 
bovril & a horse pie was the staple diet. Not many of us miss those days food wise but the  football I do . It’s so sterile now . Every club from the prem to league 2 wants to play out from the back , split centre backs etc etc 😴 

Little spontaneity to the game anymore . 

• Like 2