IGNORED

Joe williams

Sir Geoff

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just tagging your post, not arguing per se.

It’s interesting because I’m a recent interview Joe claimed something that I’ve said for a while - that he’s often the one trying to inject tempo, trying to break lines with passes, etc…and that he attempts riskier stuff than others.

That comes at a cost in some cases, because Joe can be a bit erratic.

Of course we will all have our own views on an individual player.  My thoughts on Joe are that if you replace him (and Jamo) with ball-players / passers / technicians, who’s gonna win the ball back for them, either through being a pest (Joe) or intelligent positioning (Jamo)?  If yesterday was anything to go by, Swansea will have 95% possession next season without someone to try and get a foot in.

Yep, that's another way of saying he gets stuck in! :laughcont:

One of the things always makes me laugh is when footballers are described as "cultured" or sometimes having a "cultured left (or right) foot".  Puts me in mind of a football boot holding forth at the opening of some trendy gallery! ;)  However, I know what commentators mean by that.

Joe Williams is not "cultured".  And as such, I think Manning might tell him to curb his riskier instincts and play it safe.

But are we going to chuck on a fire the nearest thing we've got to a midfield enforcer, or criticise the bloke who played Dickie onto goal yesterday?  Some might, but I'm not. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Dizz said:

Exactly this...

Also amazes me how no one could be arsed to support the team but found the energy to boo 🤔

I never boo. I hate it, but, you don’t really know what fans were doing prior to booing do you. I’m sure most were supporting fans, as they do every time they go to Ashton Gate.  It’s difficult to know how else fans can express their annoyance, anger, etc. at the time?

Just as Joe showed his frustration some fans did too. 

18 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

Absolutely spot on , supporters are supposed to support, some around me started booing early on , first half was dire but the intention appeared to be to boo at every opportunity, the vitriol on here is incredible, was pissed off as anybody when Nige went but it isn’t Mannings fault , this massive negativity is not helping ‘ flowing football’ as it was obvious from comments and interviews afterwards meant we went out with an intention to do anything to get a result and because of the reaction last week and that the tactics reflected that.

Vitriol’s a bit strong. Comments are hardly malicious or hateful. They’re born out of fans paying a lot of money only to be frustrated week after week. 
  We all show emotions in various ways and don’t always behave in ways acceptable to all. I don’t find booing helps me and I am sure it doesn’t help the players, but you have to ask why has it come to this. 

28 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yep, that's another way of saying he gets stuck in! :laughcont:

One of the things always makes me laugh is when footballers are described as "cultured" or sometimes having a "cultured left (or right) foot".  Puts me in mind of a football boot holding forth at the opening of some trendy gallery! ;)  However, I know what commentators mean by that.

Joe Williams is not "cultured".  And as such, I think Manning might tell him to curb his riskier instincts and play it safe.

But are we going to chuck on a fire the nearest thing we've got to a midfield enforcer, or criticise the bloke who played Dickie onto goal yesterday?  Some might, but I'm not. 

Not me either . He’s the most passionate player by far in every game. Clearly cares about winning and reacts more to situations on the pitch than other players. 
  If it’s emotionless players LM wants I can’t see JW staying, but I’d have emotion any day. I’d love to see him stay. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

Absolutely spot on , supporters are supposed to support, some around me started booing early on , first half was dire but the intention appeared to be to boo at every opportunity, the vitriol on here is incredible, was pissed off as anybody when Nige went but it isn’t Mannings fault , this massive negativity is not helping ‘ flowing football’ as it was obvious from comments and interviews afterwards meant we went out with an intention to do anything to get a result and because of the reaction last week and that the tactics reflected that.

Sorry, people will react. Crowd will react.

You talk of the vitriol on here, now perhaps I am misreading...but one of the charges is that OTIB is just a load of negative moaners and doesn't necessarily represent the wider fanbase..I'm paraphrasing obviously.

The reaction of the crowd that you cite, and the perhaps half full or 60%, full ground is a good sign that it is representative and people are not happy.

I thought the booing yesterday was a culmination of the QPR,Wednesday and Cardiff games,plus a first half totally devoid of,well,anything.It was as if a decent performance at at Ipswich had totally removed those games from JW’s memory.

• Like 1