IGNORED

Joe williams

Sir Geoff

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He did, along with our centre backs & the first two subs, our best performers.

Really worried about the bloke who plays alongside him though, struggling big time.

Yes, TGH didn’t get into the game for 65 mins.  Looks like he’s lacking a bit of confidence, and not wanting to get on the half-turn to receive, instead is going “safe n straight”.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I’ve got no problems with a player giving it back. Glad to see a bit of emotion from one of them

Was only one - notice than Manning read the room and did attempt his 3 cheers thing (which I think is genuinely cringe worthy anyhow)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Ok for fans to slag players off for 90mins

but how dare they give a bit back!!!!!

God we have some precious fans

I have to say he did look angry and raised his arms up but I don’t blame him. Just imagine it from his point of view . Would you be happy playing that sort of football and then get fans booing at you to boot?

I’d actually rather see that than no reaction. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Which part of the game was this? 

Can't say I noticed it or any obvious reaction from the crowd 

After the goal

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, TGH didn’t get into the game for 65 mins.  Looks like he’s lacking a bit of confidence, and not wanting to get on the half-turn to receive, instead is going “safe n straight”.

Or backwards too now 😮

4 hours ago, Dizz said:

Exactly this...

Also amazes me how no one could be arsed to support the team but found the energy to boo 🤔

Absolutely spot on , supporters are supposed to support, some around me started booing early on , first half was dire but the intention appeared to be to boo at every opportunity, the vitriol on here is incredible, was pissed off as anybody when Nige went but it isn’t Mannings fault , this massive negativity is not helping ‘ flowing football’ as it was obvious from comments and interviews afterwards meant we went out with an intention to do anything to get a result and because of the reaction last week and that the tactics reflected that.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Absolutely spot on , supporters are supposed to support, some around me started booing early on , first half was dire but the intention appeared to be to boo at every opportunity, the vitriol on here is incredible, was pissed off as anybody when Nige went but it isn’t Mannings fault , this massive negativity is not helping ‘ flowing football’ as it was obvious from comments and interviews afterwards meant we went out with an intention to do anything to get a result and because of the reaction last week and that the tactics reflected that.

How can you support that it's about time the club knew our feelings we've just had enough if you want to support that crap week in week out that's up to you. I know one thing I'm sick and fed up of the Lansdowns and sick of the pathetic so called football served up each week. If Williams can't accept it then sod off coming from a man that's not signed a contract. The clubs stale and needs massive change.

Edited by Street red

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he was ok , again . Trouble is, is "OK" good enough . It feels like Manning is coaching heart out of them .

I like that it seems to matter to JW , I love him as a player. He is one of the few who has an edge, if Manning takes all the emotion out of the team, what's left ? Robots who don't go the extra mile. 
Manning must have loved how Swansea played today, it seemed a Manning sort of performance by them . Personally I was bored shitless , endless passing with no intent . It took us until the 2nd half to play anywhere near how we did earlier in the season, but once we started to get at them you could see they were there for the taking.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

I have no issue with people booing as that’s their prerogative as performance first half was unacceptable. I accept that they are not Mannings players or he can control injuries but what he is responsible for is the possession based rubbish that frankly is boring everyone to tears as indicated by those who voted with their feet.  It’s his responsibility to get best out of players and we are clearly going backwards with the first half being as bad as anything I’ve ever seen in 50 plus years.  

Today was about the result and we got that which was number 1 priority but struggling to say that I enjoyed the game but delighted to have won. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I have no issue with people booing as that’s their prerogative as performance first half was unacceptable. I accept that they are not Mannings players or he can control injuries but what he is responsible for is the possession based rubbish that frankly is boring everyone to tears as indicated by those who voted with their feet.  It’s his responsibility to get best out of players and we are clearly going backwards with the first half being as bad as anything I’ve ever seen in 50 plus years.  

Today was about the result and we got that which was number 1 priority but struggling to say that I enjoyed the game but delighted to have won. 

Booing ; I hate it , but don't disagree with you. The first half was a dog with flea's
Players; It may not be his players, but he wasn't brought in to rebuild, he was brought in to get the best out of them.
Totally agree we seem to be going backwards with the players, the most worrying thing is how the fitness seems to have dropped off since Manning has been in charge,
Injuries; Yep , can't be helped. But it's his choice to play half fit players , or have players on the bench that are clearly unfit.
As for the crowd, I do think that 12:30 on a Mothering Sunday was a ridiculous time for a game.
The result was everything, and yet you almost feel disappointed as I can't see this getting better under Manning.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

With Twine fit surely play Knight further back alongside Williams. 

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Booing ; I hate it , but don't disagree with you. The first half was a dog with flea's
Players; It may not be his players, but he wasn't brought in to rebuild, he was brought in to get the best out of them.
Totally agree we seem to be going backwards with the players, the most worrying thing is how the fitness seems to have dropped off since Manning has been in charge,
Injuries; Yep , can't be helped. But it's his choice to play half fit players , or have players on the bench that are clearly unfit.
As for the crowd, I do think that 12:30 on a Mothering Sunday was a ridiculous time for a game.
The result was everything, and yet you almost feel disappointed as I can't see this getting better under Manning.

I remember losing at home to Reading and being relieved as Holden was clearly going to go. Not sure that would have happened today had we lost but would have put pressure on Manning. Feels really low under him, he’s knocked the positivity from the club which Nige had built.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

With Twine fit surely play Knight further back alongside Williams. 

Nah, reckon he’ll go back-3, wingbacks and two-10s.

(not that I would though)

Edited by Davefevs

Maybe an unpopular opinion. But, he's a passion merchant, glosses over his various inabilities because he punches the air/puts in an angry challenge every now and again. For me he and James are the reason Manning is unable to play his style of play and why we're looking to bring in some more mobile CMs. Would be happy to see none of them renew their contracts tbh. 

His passing range is generally poor, accuracy poor, positioning poor, shooting god awful. For example, in the Cardiff game he spent the majority hiding behind the 15 not wanting the pass. 

Edited by UREDS_91
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Sake, that really would be the limit..agree I wouldn't do it either Dave.

A back 3 with wingbacks on top of the current shall we say unconvincing at best output really would be error upon error (IMO).

Maybe one saving grace could be pairing Wells and Conway but no that probably wouldn't happen either. Or experimenting with Cornick in a Luton type role..but again probably not.

1 hour ago, UREDS_91 said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion. But, he's a passion merchant, glosses over his various inabilities because he punches the air/puts in an angry challenge every now and again. For me he and James are the reason Manning is unable to play his style of play and why we're looking to bring in some more mobile CMs. Would be happy to see none of them renew their contracts tbh. 

His passing range is generally poor, accuracy poor, positioning poor, shooting god awful. For example, in the Cardiff game he spent the majority hiding behind the 15 not wanting the pass. 

Very unpopular 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

So boring @Davefevs, like SOD era all over again. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Still needs to be let go imo. Sad but true.  Doesn’t suit a Manning style. Would he sign him if he wasn’t already here? Not a chance. 

I’d get rid of Williams, hasn’t shown enough and there are better options for the wages he commands. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85

We the fans work hard to earn the money and to pay for our tickets to watch City. Lets be honest it isnt cheap, I pay over £500 for my season ticket in the Lansdown. People are entitled to boo if they wish, and after how boring that first half was yesterday I can understand why some people did.

I don't think the players realise this sometimes. They earn good money so, money is never an issue for them so, they are a bit out of touch with the fans. I do feel Joe Williams is a good player however I can't see him staying in the summer. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UREDS_91 said:

Would like to see his stats, ball retention rates, pass succession over 20 yards. I bet its not very good. For me, not good enough for a "top 6" team. 

image.thumb.png.f41695165b69b28a42616850fe6e9518.png

image.thumb.png.309656aaccf087018b753f07574708f2.png

image.thumb.png.ebdb1fc08d4085af89b76e5e46818535.png

(Data as 1st March)

Showing my age here, but I remember a certain Gerry Gow “flashing the v’s (as we used to say) at the Dolman Stand. The fans had been giving the team some stick,  when losing 0-1 against Carlisle (I think), after a couple of very late goals bought us a win. 

I never understand why “fans” think they can dish it out, only to get distraught when a player shows any sort of reaction. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, UREDS_91 said:

Would like to see his stats, ball retention rates, pass succession over 20 yards. I bet its not very good. For me, not good enough for a "top 6" team. 

Apart from our two centre backs “not good enough for a top six team” could equally apply to everyone else.

• Thanks 1

Joe was one of the better players in a very poor team performance yesterday, I thought. He does at least try to stop players running past him. 

He's a limited player. Will always favour the short backward pass over the longer one, even when he has more options upfield. 

Could we fet better? Probably. But if we let go all the players people are saying will either leave or be offloaded in the summer, we'd just have Rob Dickie and 10 newbies starting for us in August. 

Can't see that happening somehow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Apart from our two centre backs “not good enough for a top six team” could equally apply to everyone else.

It certainly could, doesn't change that Williams isnt. I think the other players around the more defensively minded midfielders can work to Mannings playstyle. The James/Williams effect is it slows the game down. When we need to be more dynamic. Interchanging in positions. Formations should be fluid in the modern game, especially in a playstyle like Manning wants to play. 

48 minutes ago, CityFarAndWide said:

Going to get scolded by a few on here for this opinion but not sure Vyner is top 6 either. Improved, yes. Promotion material, no.

Could any of our squad make it in the Prem.? 

51 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Joe was one of the better players in a very poor team performance yesterday, I thought. He does at least try to stop players running past him. 

He's a limited player. Will always favour the short backward pass over the longer one, even when he has more options upfield. 

Could we fet better? Probably. But if we let go all the players people are saying will either leave or be offloaded in the summer, we'd just have Rob Dickie and 10 newbies starting for us in August. 

Can't see that happening somehow. 

Just tagging your post, not arguing per se.

It’s interesting because I’m a recent interview Joe claimed something that I’ve said for a while - that he’s often the one trying to inject tempo, trying to break lines with passes, etc…and that he attempts riskier stuff than others.

That comes at a cost in some cases, because Joe can be a bit erratic.

Of course we will all have our own views on an individual player.  My thoughts on Joe are that if you replace him (and Jamo) with ball-players / passers / technicians, who’s gonna win the ball back for them, either through being a pest (Joe) or intelligent positioning (Jamo)?  If yesterday was anything to go by, Swansea will have 95% possession next season without someone to try and get a foot in.

1 hour ago, oldie said:

Showing my age here, but I remember a certain Gerry Gow “flashing the v’s (as we used to say) at the Dolman Stand. The fans had been giving the team some stick,  when losing 0-1 against Carlisle (I think), after a couple of very late goals bought us a win. 

I never understand why “fans” think they can dish it out, only to get distraught when a player shows any sort of reaction. 

For a City 'legend', he used to get hammered by some fans at certain times in his career. 

• Like 1