IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

1 hour ago, DSTAF said:

I'm not sure if they used to. 

They did. I was late renewing one year and received a phone call from the club saying they were sorry I hadn't renewed, was there any particular reason, and it would be very much appreciated it if I did.

If they don't still do this they should, it makes a big difference as a fan to know that they actually care whether you're there or not, and many will be persuaded by a personal touch.

I can't find the link but I think it was Forest a few years ago who contacted lapsed STH's, a very large number at the time, offering them a free match ticket. They were very much talking about reinvigorating a love affair iirc, saying really wanted them back and the free ticket was an opportunity for these fans to get back in the ground and, hopefully, get that love for their club back.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Ah yes, the old “but interest rates were 15%” argument.

They were, but it was 15% on a much smaller sum relative to incomes. The table below shows the effective interest rate over the past few decades when taking that into consideration. What it means is that today’s interest rates are now a very similar financial burden on homeowners to that 15% peak. And that’s on top of the cost of living crisis.

I am not pretending for one second that all pensioners are rich. And indeed every generation faces its challenges. But nothing I have said “rewrites history”, and it remains undeniable that - overall - wealth distribution in the UK today is skewed towards older generations - which is why a broad-brush discount for OAPs is so outdated.

ACB7A9DD-2B33-47C8-9A79-CF115FB56DDD.jpeg

It's fine to say it's outdated but how do you introduce something that benefits people who need it,

I dont mind tearing a system down but you need ti offer something to replace it

2 hours ago, TDarwall said:

Joe Williams threatening a 2 footed tackle for non renewal is probably the best bet.

Not sure Liam is cut out for a career in telesales & the nuance of the payment plan would confuse the Technical Director.

Not sure about the head coach, after a while I can see the conversation going “ok I concede, I’ll renew just to stop listening to your psychobabble”.

Edited by GrahamC

15 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

One thought that’s just come to me is the “combination” effect. Work it through:

- The prices for younger supporters have increased in the South Stand by more than anywhere else

- However, fans can move to the family area and the cost is less

- For fans who do move from the SS their ST seat won’t be resold and become POTD

- Logic tells me that people in the family area will want to move - typically on or before the kids hitting senior school age

- HOWEVER (and this is the key bit), they are now unable to move to the South Stand - even if they were there before 

- So, this means that as families get to an age where the family section is no longer appropriate they must get season tickets in THE MORE EXPENSIVE PARTS OF THE GROUND

- Which gives a double effect. Those in the SS with current season tickets really don’t have the option to move - or they’ll never get back and have to move to ever expensive seats. And new fans either have to go POTD or go to more expensive seats

If it’s indented, fair play it’s Machiavellian but an arse move. If it’s not (and I don’t think they’re smart enough to forward think income streams), it really shits on the fans who can afford it least. 

I moved to the Lansdown mid season because I needed to move seats and there wasn't any suitable in the SS. 

I was hoping to move back to the SS for next season but now I can't so that's me giving my season ticket up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I moved to the Lansdown mid season because I needed to move seats and there wasn't any suitable in the SS. 

I was hoping to move back to the SS for next season but now I can't so that's me giving my season ticket up. 

There might be some in SS who are not renewing? I don't see why you couldn't take theirs?

12 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

There might be some in SS who are not renewing? I don't see why you couldn't take theirs?

Jerrys already confirmed any seats given up won’t be released for resale for new ST sales/movers.

Again, I wonder if the long term intent is to limit sales in the SS to more POTD and move season tickets to more expensive areas.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 2

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Jerrys already confirmed any seats given up won’t be released for resale for new ST sales/movers.

Again, I wonder if the long term intent is to limit sales in the SS to more POTD and move season tickets to more expensive areas.

I go to the gym. 50 quid a month so less than my season tickets cost me.

I can go and have use of the gym whenever I want. Use of the swimming pool, use of the sauna and steam room and hydro pool. 

And yet 4 hours of Championship football a month costs more plus it comes with associated travel costs etc. 

And here's them wanting to shift us to more expensive areas 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's the ultimate piss take. Charge is more to watch the shit show that they have created. 

I'll wait til were back in League One, because thats the way we are heading. They'll be desperate to let me and others have a SS season ticket then. 

They have totally read the room wrong on this. 

• Like 6

For reasons on and off the pitch, over the last six months I have become increasingly disillusioned with the club. This feeling is on the backdrop of the arrogance and poor senior management decision making, lack of entertainment and overall regression on the pitch, zero transparency, the downright lies and seeing the horrible ar$e covering propaganda machine in full flow etc.

Then on top, they hit me with a +10% increase in my SS seat for good measure.

I'm now thinking I'm not going to renew. Trust me, this thought would have been unthinkable just six months ago and it's astonishing how they have somehow managed to push me into even thinking this.

They are literally giving me no reason or incentive to change my mind or train of thought - nothing.

In addition, with the new TV deal and many games subject to being moved, I think I'll just pick and choose odd games to attend instead.

It really is a crying shame, but I doubt they'll be bothered or lose any sleep over it.

• Like 6
  • Flames 4

40 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It's fine to say it's outdated but how do you introduce something that benefits people who need it,

I dont mind tearing a system down but you need ti offer something to replace it

Further up I proposed a loyalty discount increasing each year. That would be one measure.

The fairest way would probably be a discount for those on government benefits, but I’m not sure if that could realistically be implemented. It’s the only real way to identify those who need the help, although some might argue it’s not a reasonable threshold.

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I want to sit behind the goal. Happy Anger GIF by DINOSALLY

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I can go and have use of the gym whenever I want. Use of the swimming pool, use of the sauna and steam room and hydro pool. 

And yet 4 hours of Championship football a month costs more plus it comes with associated travel costs etc. 

It's the ultimate piss take. Charge is more to watch the shit show that they have created. 

I'll wait til were back in League One, because thats the way we are heading. They'll be desperate to let me and others have a SS season ticket then. 

The gym just isn’t a fair comparison. It’s not entertainment, it’s just access to facilities. They’re just totally different things.

I’m not defending the price increases but the comparisons have to be reasonable.

How much would it cost to go to four hours of live music a month at the equivalent professional level? Four hours of theatre? Four hours of another sport?

• Like 4

The more you think about the SS not selling any more season tickets the more nuts it seems. You could have a group of mates all with STs and then another couple of their friends decide they like the atmosphere in there so want to come along - and we’re putting a stop to that? I get an overall cap on STs, I get (although may not agree) with the kids price increase but actively reducing the number of season tickets in the SS seems counter productive on so many levels.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, J.V.F said:

For reasons on and off the pitch, over the last six months I have become increasingly disillusioned with the club. This feeling is on the backdrop of the arrogance and poor senior management decision making, lack of entertainment and overall regression on the pitch, zero transparency, the downright lies and seeing the horrible ar$e covering propaganda machine in full flow etc.

I'm now thinking I'm not going to renew. Trust me, this thought would have been unthinkable just six months ago and it's astonishing how they have somehow managed to push me into even thinking this.

They are literally giving me no reason or incentive to change my mind or train of thought - nothing.

In addition, with the new TV deal and many games subject to being moved, I think I'll just pick and choose odd games to attend instead.

It really is a crying shame, but I doubt they'll be bothered or lose any sleep over it.

You and me both. If Nige was still here I definitely would have renewed but not now. Hierarchy doesn't deserve it.

So that's season ticket plus parking, but as you say, they won't give a toss...

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

• Admin
16 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

well yes…but surely the supporters trusts across the UK can raise the issue?

For anyone that doesn't know all supporters clubs are basically under the umbrella of the Football Supporters Association (FSA) they are most definitely banging the defensive drum for football clubs not only at meetings but on a legal basis too

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve had a cull this week, very satisfying.  So much better without “agitators” - although I have a much more unpleasant word to describe them with!  

Is there anyone left?

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Hate to ruin your argument but it’s almost nobody pays National Insurance for 50 years - it’s almost impossible.
Even if you started work at 15 and retired at 65!

It’s not paid once you retire, or when you earn small amounts after leaving school many, many years ago as you would be below the threshold!

I have just completed enough years (42) of National Insurance contributions to get a full state pension when/if  I reach 67.

If I continue to work, I will still pay National Insurance but it won't get me any more in my pension.

32 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They won't reduce the prices though

Edited by Bob Taylor is GOD

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The gym just isn’t a fair comparison. It’s not entertainment, it’s just access to facilities. They’re just totally different things.

I’m not defending the price increases but the comparisons have to be reasonable.

How much would it cost to go to four hours of live music a month at the equivalent professional level? Four hours of theatre? Four hours of another sport?

I suppose it depends on the person. 

I feel far more entertained at the gym than watching us play 🤣🤣

It is my comparison on my own personal circumstances. For me the tipping point has been reached. 

You can go to pubs etc and watch bands play for free. But yes professional live music is expensive. 

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The more you think about the SS not selling any more season tickets the more nuts it seems. You could have a group of mates all with STs and then another couple of their friends decide they like the atmosphere in there so want to come along - and we’re putting a stop to that? I get an overall cap on STs, I get (although may not agree) with the kids price increase but actively reducing the number of season tickets in the SS seems counter productive on so many levels.

Like I said earlier in the thread apart from 5/6 games a season the South stand will be hilariously empty

43 minutes ago, J.V.F said:

Not bothered? Lose sleep? What they would have done is a calculation on an assumed drop in ST sales and then increased the prices accordingly to cover for the amount of income they need. Of course, should the drop off be larger than expected that causes a problem. Do they care about you indvidually? No, of course not. In fact I would wager that they see "fans" as a necessary evil and THAT INCLUDES the ones who reckon the club can do no wrong.

It's toss of a coin for me how this all ends. This time next year the club will either have a cigar on or be up shit creek without a paddle. That's the hand Jon and Sid have played.

• Like 4

I do wonder, should season tickets drop from 13k - 10k (worst case), whether that £1m drop in revenue they will be particularly bothered about? Increase TV showings and other areas of Ashton Gate doing well, hospitality wise and the odd player sale - is a drop in the ocean, over a financial year its £83k PCM.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I do wonder, should season tickets drop from 13k - 10k (worst case), whether that £1m drop in revenue they will be particularly bothered about? Increase TV showings and other areas of Ashton Gate doing well, hospitality wise and the odd player sale - is a drop in the ocean, over a financial year its £83k PCM.

Even accepting your worst case (it won't be close imo) all you will hear is some flippant comment from somebody in the hierarchy, maybe even the Owner himself based on past performance, questioning whether "Bristol wants top level football".................part of the drop has has been clawed back by increasing prices anyway. They could probably lose 1K ST holders and not even suffer a drop in revenue.

Edited by Numero Uno

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fair comment.

2nd division rugby sitting alongside the pitch £275 ST.

About 16 quid per game to sit in their "Lansdown".

Coventry btw.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s a good question and one I ask myself. Best seat in the house at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford costs me £65. Not to every taste I appreciate but for me a couple of hours guaranteed world class entertainment. An afternoon at the Gate in recent years by contrast? A mix of bored to tears and driven up the wall in frustration! Not a lot of entertainment on offer. Fortunately for the club many people’s reasons for buying a ST aren’t rooted in expecting to be entertained by what’s happening on the pitch!

5 hours ago, JAWS said:

I think it's a combination of both Pops. 

In terms of ambition I'd say as much as Lansclown can afford (which is a lot) & staying within ffp rules. 

That's what any ambitious owner would surely be doing if they wanted promotion as they keep saying. Optimise your chances.

Of course you need competent people to spend the money & manage the footballing side & that's obviously another problem.

So yes arrogance & incompetence probably in equal measure or thereabouts 🤡

Agreed.

Totally agree on your 2nd post as well, Gould and NP and Tinnion in his correct role I'd add, we were on to a winning combination there.

Who knows if Alexander could have flourished, better than we have now for sure but a real shame Gould got poached by the ECB.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Completely agree.   Surely the answer was to let existing STs in other areas move to the SS and then once that has happened then no more sales after that (not that I agree with that either btw!)

People have been moaning big time about POTD not being available in the SS so I guess this is the upshot of that. Looking forward to a packed SS next season! 

• Like 1