IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think you’ll be left with:

23 home games starting point.

5 midweek games.

That leaves 18.

First game and last games likely to be moved as theirs televising each game, so can’t be 3pm according to blackout.

That leaves 17 as you’ll only be home one of those 2 games.

Then Boxing Day and New Year plus Easter (x2) are being televised, so 2 out of 4 will be moved.

That leaves 15 on Saturday at 3pm, of which 5/12 on average will be moved, say 6.

That leaves 9 Saturday 3pm games.

Happy for others to query the maths.

Police will likely throw a spanner in the works and request another game is moved for reasons that won't be clearly communicated.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Police will likely throw a spanner in the works and request another game is moved for reasons that won't be clearly communicated.

Possibly, but you would have thought the two high risk games would also be ones Sky would show.

Elephant in the room of course is having to move games for the rugby also…

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Harry said:

Do you know, the most surprising and actually quite disappointing thing about those figures is that we only have 973 season ticket holders between the age of 19 and 24!! 
That really doesn’t seem like a lot. 
When I was a ‘young adult’ my Saturdays were 100% all about City. And there seemed to be lots of people of my age at that time. 
This really doesn’t seem like very many, in what would usually be an age group likely to be the more ‘boisterous’ and likely to create atmosphere. 

You have to remember a lot of people that age are away at University/have fledged the nest, so a season ticket won’t be viable.

I squeeze into the top part of that bracket and used to go with 5 friends to City every week with season tickets between 07-18, none of us have a season ticket any more.

It’s for a variety of reasons, people moving away, playing football taking priority etc but it speaks volumes about the attractiveness of the club at the minute. I’d rather spend 400 quid on a few away games a season and properly enjoy a day out with mates now, which is a sad reality

17 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I've supported City in way worse times than this. This is good and stable in my world. I'm genuinely confused what everyone is crying about? 
Its sad if people can't afford to go now, that's really not nice.  But if you simply aren't going because you don't like Manning, Tinnion etc, then...

Season 2 Goodbye GIF by Nanalan' 

If you find yourself genuinely grappling with the expense of obtaining a season ticket, and if this is impacting your mental well-being, please feel free to send me a direct message. Perhaps we can find a solution together. I've personally experienced how City has been a source of support during tough times, providing me with a sense of camaraderie with my friends. Therefore, I'd like to extend that support to you if you're facing difficulties.

Attack the post not the poster

So this is a condescending ***** of a post a total wankfest of a post designed to troll and get people angry 

• Like 13
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Don't give in!

To be honest, the only thing keeping me going is a really good SS seat, which I’ve had since it opened.  I’ve also got a lot of really decent ST holders around me, which it would be a shame to lose.

As they aren’t letting people get new ST’s in the SS, if I don’t keep that current ST going, that’ll probably be me done for good.  I’m not that far off 70 and if I get out of the football habit now, I think it’s very unlikely I’ll be coming back.

I’ll say it now, I’m starting to really hate Lansdown with a passion.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Do you know, the most surprising and actually quite disappointing thing about those figures is that we only have 973 season ticket holders between the age of 19 and 24!! 
That really doesn’t seem like a lot. 
When I was a ‘young adult’ my Saturdays were 100% all about City. And there seemed to be lots of people of my age at that time. 
This really doesn’t seem like very many, in what would usually be an age group likely to be the more ‘boisterous’ and likely to create atmosphere. 

A range of factors (IMO).

As the PL and hype machine and Sky have surged in profile, so glory hunters have increased. By no means the only factor but why (from their POV) go

Very, very few of my co-workers went to City when I was a company of lots their age a decade ago, I was also in that age range. Literally one or two.

Lots have a PL side too...20's, 30s. I appreciate my experience may not be representative.

Average age of a Matchday fan has absolutely increased over the decades too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

5 midweek games.

That leaves 18.

First game and last games likely to be moved as theirs televising each game, so can’t be 3pm according to blackout.

Then Boxing Day and New Year plus Easter (x2) are being televised, so 2 out of 4 will be moved.

That leaves 15 on Saturday at 3pm, of which 5/12 on average will be moved, say 6.

You may have to factor in the Bears, Welsh derbies, Gas clashes, as well Dave. Plod have more say than the EFL.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The one you posted after I posted mine? Call me cynical, but there’s something slightly disingenuous about your second post only being posted after you’ve been called out.

Okay, think what you like. 🤣

Have a great evening 👋 

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ghostie.

I know you’re only posting this because you think you’re funny, and if it amuses you I’m glad.

But what you’re looking at here is a significant price rise in the place of the ground where those with the least money will buy, at a time when they have no idea what games they will be able to attend, and where the tax burden is the highest since WW2. And where the side are not scoring goals and have plummeted in the form table.

You’ve got on your horse recently about not mocking people. I’d suggest you take your own advice as a lot of those who are saying they aren’t renewing are doing so because of the increased costs.

And that isn’t funny at all.

Your right it's not funny a club I've followed for 35 years and now look at it high ticket costs,Sky TV ruining football and the club run by inexperienced people that should just leave.

It's painful.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

To be honest, the only thing keeping me going is a really good SS seat, which I’ve had since it opened.  I’ve also got a lot of really decent ST holders around me, which it would be a shame to lose.

As they aren’t letting people get new ST’s in the SS, if I don’t keep that current ST going, that’ll probably be me done for good.  I’m not that far off 70 and if I get out of the football habit now, I think it’s very unlikely I’ll be coming back.

I’ll say it now, I’m starting to really hate Lansdown with a passion.

I bet that your really good seat isn't half as comfortable as your armchair/sofa at home. 

Completely get the social aspect though. 

I think that the most important thing in life is liberty. Everyone making their own decisions. 

My view is that continuing to fund this appalling hierarchy is condoning their appalling decisions and the self serving reasons behind them. 

But that's me. Not you. 

Best wishes, whatever you choose. 👍

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 2

I get them wanted to move u12’s up to the family area, but not allowing new season tickets in the south stand seems very shortsighted, you’d think they’d want to encourage growth but I’d imagine prospective new season ticket holders would be reluctant to part with that cost in other areas of the ground 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Say the same every year but I really wish there was some recognition of fan loyalty whereby a sliding scale of discount is offered relative to consecutive years you've been a ST holder.

Also - really dont understand the reduced prices for over 65s.  Most of them have far more disposible income than someone still bringing up kids and paying a hefty mortgage.  I said most, not all, before the old duffers get on my case......

I won’t be popular for saying this but OAP discount is a completely outdated notion given the distribution of wealth by age group in the UK in 2024.

There are - of course - many who are not well off across all age groups, including pensioners. But a broadly applied discount based solely on age must be broadly applicable, and it simply isn’t any more. It would be fairer to distribute that reduction across all age groups, and introduce a loyalty discount increasing with each year which would recognise the long serving (suffering) nature of our oldest supporters.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/personalandhouseholdfinances/incomeandwealth/bulletins/distributionofindividualtotalwealthbycharacteristicingreatbritain/april2018tomarch2020

4CEB0145-19D1-4F16-AE7D-25A5AFBAA195.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Thanks - I’d suggest the bold thing to do, as I appreciate things may not have been finalised, is to allow a “cooling off” period for fans - I.e fans can renew now but once the TV stuff is more firmed up, they get a limited window to hand back and have a refund.

In practical terms very little fans would take that up, but it would be a very good thing to do PR wise.

Sorry but what is the ‘tv’ schedule that’s being mentioned ?

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Sorry but what is the ‘tv’ schedule that’s being mentioned ?

Read @Davefevs post a page or so back. Essentially the increased number of games shown live in conjunction with the 3pm blackout for televised games means Saturday 3pm is likely to be less than 50% of home fixtures

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I won’t be popular for saying this but OAP discount is a completely outdated notion given the distribution of wealth by age group in the UK in 2024.

There are - of course - many who are not well off across all age groups, including pensioners. But a broadly applied discount based solely on age must be broadly applicable, and it simply isn’t any more. It would be fairer to distribute that reduction across all age groups, and introduce a loyalty discount increasing with each year which would recognise the long serving (suffering) nature of our oldest supporters.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/personalandhouseholdfinances/incomeandwealth/bulletins/distributionofindividualtotalwealthbycharacteristicingreatbritain/april2018tomarch2020

4CEB0145-19D1-4F16-AE7D-25A5AFBAA195.jpeg

I agree, even though I’m heading towards that stage of life at what seems a rapid rate.

It would be important to look after those olduns that are struggling financially though, of which I’m sure there’s loads in south Bristol alone. 

• Like 2

And to add into the mix, section 82 have started a petition requesting they are moved.

Tell you what lads, nothing against you but I assume you want to go to a place where people already have season tickets in place, unless you’re asking for upper Lansdown. Respect what you do, but it doesn’t give you the right to demand a move and unseat other fans, assumedly from South Central or Dolman nearest Atyeo?

If you want to move, buy a ticket in a different part of the ground. Good enough for everyone else.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’ve only just seen the - Retail discount with details to be confirmed- part of the article.

Anyone want to guess when this might be confirmed? I’ll guess the week after Christmas.

included with the squad photo at Easter 2025

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can’t actually remember what I paid last season but a 10% increase is pretty much what I’d anticipated and seems reasonable from a business perspective. I imagine other Championship clubs have similar price rises.

Pretty sure it was less than 10%?

I've been a loyal fan since 67, followed this club through thick and thin, been through the good and bad times with this club. But this season is really tipping me over the edge to no longer feel part of this club anymore. 

The way they treated Pearson was an absolute disgrace and the lies coming out of this club is embarrassing. Now we have an extra £40 increase in the south stand but we're not getting value for money anymore and the new TV schedule is really going to make it hard to attend games. So at this moment I just cannot be bothered to renew anymore. 

That's my little rant over for now!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I agree, even though I’m heading towards that stage of life at what seems a rapid rate.

It would be important to look after those olduns that are struggling financially though, of which I’m sure there’s loads in south Bristol alone. 

Indeed. 

But we are all 'plebs' in the Lansdown eyes. Young or old. 

Wouldn't it be nice if every old person could retire to tax-free Guernsey on a 'nest egg' ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I've supported City in way worse times than this. This is good and stable in my world. I'm genuinely confused what everyone is crying about? 
It’s sad if people can't afford to go now, that's really not nice.  But if you simply aren't going because you don't like Manning, Tinnion etc, 

I completely agree Tim. Like you and many fans of my generation have experienced far worse times. Several relegations to start with……..:sad26:Ive also seen better times, several promotions.

Football fans are by and large a fickle bunch whose opinions fluctuate on how the clubs doing at any particular time. It wasn’t that long ago that Arsenal fans were calling for Arteta’s head - now he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

I’ll renew as I always do - I won’t be having a hissy fit over the way the club is being run.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5

14 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I bet that your really good seat isn't half as comfortable as your armchair/sofa at home. 

Completely get the social aspect though. 

I think that the most important thing in life is liberty. Everyone making their own decisions. 

My view is that continuing to fund this appalling hierarchy is condoning their appalling decisions and the self serving reasons behind them. 

But that's me. Not you. 

Best wishes, whatever you choose. 👍

Can still meet up with mates pre and/or post match, whilst boosting the local pub economy without doing AG.

My SC has been used rarely this season post October but im in the vicinity most matchday saturdays and will do the same next season, minus the season card.

My point being, the social side isnt a complete write off if one didnt renew.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

5 midweek games.

That leaves 18.

This is just nuts isn’t it! 
my break even is about 17 games. 
I will always miss a couple here or there (missed the last 2 due to the early kick offs), but I’m always willing to take a hit on missing a couple. 
With this new schedule, I know for absolute fact that I’ll be missing more than a couple. 
Night games are already a ballache to get to and I’m often 50/50 an hour before but end up going anyway. 
With my break even at 17 games, and the fact Tinnion’s picture has made me sick and confused, this year I am seriously considering what I’m gonna do! 

Membership and about 10 POTD games looks much more likely right now. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3