IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

9 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I visit the footbasll side of this forum with a heavy heart these days, just because the overall mood on here is so damned negative and a million miles away from what I experience at the ground. Things aren't perfect but, in general, the change of manager was met with understanding, and the mood is still one of support for the team and manager despite the last few results. If you only read on here though, you would think we are at our lowest ebb for many a year with a board intent on destroying the club.

With this ST launch though, I can't help but feel that something, somewhere is not right behind the scenes.

They must know that Tinnion is not exactly popular at the moment amongst a section of the fanbase, yet they still chose to put him on the radio on Monday and figure him prominently in the promo for this. It feels deliberate for some unknown reason.

The increase in prices of over 10% with barely an acknowledgement feels cynical too.

I do think they have made the right move in trying to move the £50 U12 tickets to the family area and have no reason to complain about that, but the messaging about what is going on with SS tickets is jumbled and not very clear cut.

I think it is almost inevitable that we will see a drop in ticket sales, just on the prices alone. This year the hype definitely feels unjustified.

Having said that, I will be renewing, but for possibly the first time ever I have been given a reason to think about that choice and it's not comfortable.

Agreed on hype not aligning to reality.

I don't think there is any great issue with the team, they're a good group of pros wirh a great attitude. The higher ups leaves some great concerns. Manning may or may not succeed but right now signs aren't good.

At the ground? It's held up well but the last 2 or 3 games..hmm interesting. Booing and hostility as Williams came towards the South/Dolman at the end of the Cardiff game, the empty seats plus jeers when we went backwards v Swansea first half.

The mood isn't good, or is worsening.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

Easiest decision I’ve had to make in a long time - irrespective of the bull/lies being fed this season by our owner/board, a 20% increase on my 2 season tickets in the south stand for me and my daughter.

I hope those that wanted season ticket holders to be moved out of the south stand will now take up our empty seats.

As a former employee (before BS), season ticket holder for 25+ years and fan for many more years this is a very sad, but at the same time a ‘feeling of relief’ day, to detach me from this commitment and enable me to pick and choose what I do next

Many won’t renew. A 10% increase to watch a potential relegation season is not entertainment for most.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, !james said:

city_2324_matchticketprices_a4-1-scaled.

Extra £2 POD

They won't publish the 24/25 prices till the STs have reached the end of the Advance stage I guess.  

If the intention is to get more people pay per game then they need to keep the prices low. But if they're too low people won't buy STs..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Shorter wait at the bar next season then, so a little bonus. 

Come on lads, next season is the one! 

COYR's 

It saddens me that some are so happy to support the mediocrity they think lower attendances are a positive.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

You reckon??

They’re getting extra TV revenue from the new deal ….. and us fans are getting pissed around with ko times and days all over the shop to accomodate the televised games, to say nothing of the shit football on offer.

Sounds anything but reasonable to me tbh.

£2-2.5m which isn't exactly a gamechanger if accurate for all the potential disruption.

Maybe it's more but..I dunno.

I can’t actually remember what I paid last season but a 10% increase is pretty much what I’d anticipated and seems reasonable from a business perspective. I imagine other Championship clubs have similar price rises.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

My gut feel is we'll be hundreds down on sales not thousands, but down nevertheless.

As a business which Bristol Sport is.

Simple economics. Put the prices up, make more profit from less tickets sold as the punters are stupid enough( to pay it. Improved business efficiency. Simple! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I'm pissed off with Bristol City's hierarchy, that's for sure but I hear the same talk every year and this forum magnifies the discontent tbh. Not saying it's impossible (the person I meet down there is packing in) but unlikely to be thousands imo. Many people go to football for more than the football (which is just as well given the total shite we endure week in, week out).

I don't think it will be the fans who spend half the game getting pissed in the concourse who won't renew, many of them seem to be having a great laugh no matter the result or performance.

More like those who've identified themselves as City fanatics for decades but now find themselves bored stiff and morose at what used to be a highlight of their week.

The football is (or was) everything to them, pints on board or not, and will never be just a part of the day or a secondary consideration. 

As you said earlier it will be interesting to see what happens but I do think it's different this time and the club are in for a really big shock.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Meh said:

It saddens me that some are so happy to support the mediocrity they think lower attendances are a positive.

I've supported City in way worse times than this. This is good and stable in my world. I'm genuinely confused what everyone is crying about? 
Its sad if people can't afford to go now, that's really not nice.  But if you simply aren't going because you don't like Manning, Tinnion etc, then...

Season 2 Goodbye GIF by Nanalan' 

If you find yourself genuinely grappling with the expense of obtaining a season ticket, and if this is impacting your mental well-being, please feel free to send me a direct message. Perhaps we can find a solution together. I've personally experienced how City has been a source of support during tough times, providing me with a sense of camaraderie with my friends. Therefore, I'd like to extend that support to you if you're facing difficulties.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 5

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ghostie.

I know you’re only posting this because you think you’re funny, and if it amuses you I’m glad.

But what you’re looking at here is a significant price rise in the place of the ground where those with the least money will buy, at a time when they have no idea what games they will be able to attend, and where the tax burden is the highest since WW2. And where the side are not scoring goals and have plummeted in the form table.

You’ve got on your horse recently about not mocking people. I’d suggest you take your own advice as a lot of those who are saying they aren’t renewing are doing so because of the increased costs.

And that isn’t funny at all.

You haven't seen my post have you? 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can’t actually remember what I paid last season but a 10% increase is pretty much what I’d anticipated and seems reasonable from a business perspective. I imagine other Championship clubs have similar price rises.

It’s literally in the thread, about 5 posts up..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I've supported City in way worse times than this. This is good and stable in my world. I'm genuinely confused what everyone is crying about? 
Its sad if people can't afford to go now, that's really not nice.  But if you simply aren't going because you don't like Manning, Tinnion etc, then...

Season 2 Goodbye GIF by Nanalan' 

If you find yourself genuinely grappling with the expense of obtaining a season ticket, and if this is impacting your mental well-being, please feel free to send me a direct message. Perhaps we can find a solution together. I've personally experienced how City has been a source of support during tough times, providing me with a sense of camaraderie with my friends. Therefore, I'd like to extend that support to you if you're facing difficulties.

Lansdown dream.

26 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Shorter wait at the bar next season then, so a little bonus. 

Come on lads, next season is the one! 

COYR's 

If I actually give in and renew next season, you certainly won’t have me blocking the bar.  

My protest will be to make sure I don’t give a single extra penny to to those *******!  

If anyone says that’ll hurt the club, my answer will be bollux to em, as they obviously couldn’t care less about us.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

If I actually give in and renew next season, you certainly won’t have me blocking the bar.  

My protest will be to make sure I don’t give a single extra penny to to those *******!  

If anyone says that’ll hurt the club, my answer will be bollux to em, as they obviously couldn’t care less about us.

Don't give in!

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Jerry - as you’re here can you please ask as part of the renewals that the club illustrate the likely impact of the new TV deal on timings of games. A lot of supporters not on here won’t be aware that the expectations of Saturday 3pm will be in jeopardy and it’s really unfair to ask supporters to renew without giving them full details of the possible impact. In fact, it may even be argued as being against fair sale processes. 

Understand my ST price rise and actually intrigued to see if LM can build his own side ..but agree its the impact of the TV deal that will have the biggest effect on me attending games...

£40 increase for me plus a lots more games not at 3pm on a Saturday is making think about not renewing after having a season ticket for 23 years may become a member and just go the games that interest me and are at times I like watching football

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Komazawa said:

5 out of 12 games are being shifted each weekend. So I'd assume that a fair few of our games that would've otherwise been 3pm will be moved. 

Think you’ll be left with:

23 home games starting point.

5 midweek games.

That leaves 18.

First game and last games likely to be moved as theirs televising each game, so can’t be 3pm according to blackout.

That leaves 17 as you’ll only be home one of those 2 games.

Then Boxing Day and New Year plus Easter (x2) are being televised, so 2 out of 4 will be moved.

That leaves 15 on Saturday at 3pm, of which 5/12 on average will be moved, say 6.

That leaves 9 Saturday 3pm games.

Happy for others to query the maths.

• Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

Say the same every year but I really wish there was some recognition of fan loyalty whereby a sliding scale of discount is offered relative to consecutive years you've been a ST holder.

Also - really dont understand the reduced prices for over 65s.  Most of them have far more disposible income than someone still bringing up kids and paying a hefty mortgage.  I said most, not all, before the old duffers get on my case......

Im said old duffer and in my case I totally agree with you mate.

Not that ill be renewing anyway, and if I had been wavering, sight of that *** Tinnion on the advert would have decided it for me.

Who the **** does he and his boss think he is.

Why Alan Dicks btw? Genuine legend that he is of course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Understand my ST price rise and actually intrigued to see if LM can build his own side ..but agree its the impact of the TV deal that will have the biggest effect on me attending games...

So are you going to pay for games that you are not attending, Dave?