IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I’d suggest anyone really angry doesn’t renew. Hit them where it hurts 

This, 100%.

Need our fan base to really put on a show of protest against the owners and what they've done. Lying to us fans, treating us like mugs, spouting BS and hiring mediocre in high positions (JL, BT, LM..) 

Enough is enough. Definition of insanity, doing the same thing and expecting different results. We can't complain if we keep renewing, giving into the 'real fan' idea, and hitting them where it hurts, the pocket. 

Protesting and staying away doesn't mean you're any less of a fan, it shows you care greatly about your club and you've had enough. A decision that absolutely is NOT taken lightly, and it angers me that it seems this is the only way to get through to them (other than bedsheets/chants at games but this realistically isn't going to happen sadly, not with our fan base now) 

The arrogance and bullshit that's come from this club is astonishing, and it angers me greatly that not long ago, we were all united as one, heading in the right direction, being able to see what's happening with the team and the reasons for it, felt like we were in safe hands, with someone with vast experience at this level and beyond, who didn't suffer fools gladly. 

Now we have BT and LM. Great. With JL leading the way as chairman. 

I've never felt so detached from this club I love. And the increase in ST's just tops it off. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

For reference:

image.png

Do you know, the most surprising and actually quite disappointing thing about those figures is that we only have 973 season ticket holders between the age of 19 and 24!! 
That really doesn’t seem like a lot. 
When I was a ‘young adult’ my Saturdays were 100% all about City. And there seemed to be lots of people of my age at that time. 
This really doesn’t seem like very many, in what would usually be an age group likely to be the more ‘boisterous’ and likely to create atmosphere. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Snufflelufagus said:

What were the members POD prices for this season?

Good question. I’d like to know that too as the tv deal may impact my attendance at odd kick off times. 

• Like 1

Just now, Harry said:

Do you know, the most surprising and actually quite disappointing thing about those figures is that we only have 973 season ticket holders between the age of 19 and 24!! 
That really doesn’t seem like a lot. 
When I was a ‘young adult’ my Saturdays were 100% all about City. And there seemed to be lots of people of my age at that time. 
This really doesn’t seem like very many, in what would usually be an age group likely to be the more ‘boisterous’ and likely to create atmosphere. 

And they're totally disenchanted with the whole Manning/Pearson/Tinnion thing. My son, nephew their mates etc.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

The image is putting me off to be honest 

It’s putting me off as well! The Manning propaganda machine in full effect now then. Wonder if he will be on the image this time next year?! As many have said why is Tinnion on it? 

As for the prices, 10% is too much of an increase. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Throughout social media forums there’s so many fans unhappy and sounds as though many will not renew. 

When’s there’s 22k in the stadium it’s like a morgue, imagine 17/18k per game

And that's including the ST's that don't turn up!

1 hour ago, Redshorts said:

Season tickets are out today, got to say they look reasonable prices.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-ticket-renewals-from-march-18th/

You reckon??

They’re getting extra TV revenue from the new deal ….. and us fans are getting pissed around with ko times and days all over the shop to accomodate the televised games, to say nothing of the shit football on offer.

Sounds anything but reasonable to me tbh.

• Like 3

I visit the footbasll side of this forum with a heavy heart these days, just because the overall mood on here is so damned negative and a million miles away from what I experience at the ground. Things aren't perfect but, in general, the change of manager was met with understanding, and the mood is still one of support for the team and manager despite the last few results. If you only read on here though, you would think we are at our lowest ebb for many a year with a board intent on destroying the club.

With this ST launch though, I can't help but feel that something, somewhere is not right behind the scenes.

They must know that Tinnion is not exactly popular at the moment amongst a section of the fanbase, yet they still chose to put him on the radio on Monday and figure him prominently in the promo for this. It feels deliberate for some unknown reason.

The increase in prices of over 10% with barely an acknowledgement feels cynical too.

I do think they have made the right move in trying to move the £50 U12 tickets to the family area and have no reason to complain about that, but the messaging about what is going on with SS tickets is jumbled and not very clear cut.

I think it is almost inevitable that we will see a drop in ticket sales, just on the prices alone. This year the hype definitely feels unjustified.

Having said that, I will be renewing, but for possibly the first time ever I have been given a reason to think about that choice and it's not comfortable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

It’s putting me off as well! The Manning propaganda machine in full effect now then. Wonder if he will be on the image this time next year?! As many have said why is Tinnion on it? 

As for the prices, 10% is too much of an increase. 

Who else could they put on apart from Manning and Tinnion?

They've sacked everyone else. 

I suppose we should be grateful that it isn't just both Lansdowns.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

The image is putting me off to be honest 

This does beg the very relevant question of why have they chosen to plaster Tinnion’s face over the season ticket marketing?

Manning obviously makes sense for obvious reasons, like what he is doing or not. But Tinnion??? It’s like they either haven’t heard anything of the discontent from the fans, or deliberately wanting to run our noses in it. I really can’t decide!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

Who else could they put on apart from Manning and Tinnion?

They've sacked everyone else. 

I suppose we should be grateful that it isn't just both Lansdowns.

I would have thought a montage of the current squad would be the most appropriate. That could go for every season!

32 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

How much do we expect fixtures to be moved from Sat 3pm? I’ll be one of those trying to juggle attending with other commitments like coaching a grass roots team. If there are more frequent Sunday fixtures, I fear I’m going to lose the value of being an ST holder. That said, I’m usually able to shift my tickets to friends when unable to attend. Much easier to do that when we’re playing well of course!

Five championship fixtures will be shown live every weekend. Fri night, Sat Lunchtime, Sat 5pm, Sun Lunchtime and then Monday nights.  So theres a good chance a lot of our games will be moved

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Tbf I’ve been quite vocal that I’ll renew come what may, while still criticising the club. The move in kickoffs is likely to really impact me though as I run a grassroots team and as such next season will probably be a trial run. The balance will be between losing seats which I really do like and have had for years versus reduced games attended (and I always factor in not being at 2-3 games a year) and what that does to net price.

If the football is as it is, I can see 25/26 being very messy for that reason for a lot of people. It really is make or break for them.

I’ve done some ‘finger in the air’ calcs for my own situation (Dolman Centre, adult). I reckon the breakeven point is attending about 15 or 16 games - obviously depends on which seats I bought, and some assumptions about what happens to Membership and pay-per-game prices. 

I'm guessing we’d still have perhaps 10 Saturday 3pm kick-offs, although there could be one or two of those I couldn’t get to. So it comes down to whether I’d go to midweek evening games (mostly not), BH games (Xmas No, Easter Yes) and when our other weekend games would be moved to - Saturday teatime is OK, Saturday lunchtime sometimes OK, other times unappealing. I’m not sure which of those times is ‘prime’ for Sky, but I suspect we won’t be getting the top slots. 

All in all, it’s a close decision financially, and may well come down to the seats/convenience/priority issues.

Mmm.

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

I would have thought a montage of the current squad would be the most appropriate. That could go for every season!

The trouble is a lot of the current squad might not be here next season

• Like 1

Just now, richwwtk said:

True. 

But they would probably all look ****ing miserable right now. 

"Say 'Cheese'".

*mumbles of "**** off"....

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Throughout social media forums there’s so many fans unhappy and sounds as though many will not renew. 

When’s there’s 22k in the stadium it’s like a morgue, imagine 17/18k per game

There is always a gap between tickets sold and those at the ground.

The size of it that is another matter but these days it is often the norm as a starting point.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

It’s like SL thought, I will show you ungrateful bastards, moaning at our Jon and Brian. Have this increase and see how you like them onions 

Lansdown will be sniggering at all the season ticket holders renewing for sure. Rotten football club.

• Like 3