IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's their club now. It's all about them. 

Tinnion now our version of John Terry a la the Champions League final - if we ever get promoted he will be on the pitch in full kit.

PS they aren't getting a penny out of me for the foreseeable future - it won't dent their coffers by that much but it will make me feel better that I'm not partially funding their idiocy

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, !james said:

If it's full how are the club and I quote the main site: 

"We have made a number of changes to try and increase matchday attendance, particularly in the South Stand by capping the number of Season Tickets to enable more match tickets to be made available here.”

It seems they are doing this by massively increasing prices for under 12s in the SS to encourage people to move to the extended the Family Area in the Upper Lansdown Stand??

TBH that makes good commercial sense. Sell more seats in an almost empty Upper Lansdown and sell more pay on the day adult tickets in the SS.

Most Premier clubs 'cap' season ticket numbers to enable them to sell more 'tourist' tickets.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

I guess they are the empty seat holders on the whole. Now there is a choice of paying a premium price and leaving the seat empty or giving it up. Either way the club wins, and by doing this people in other stands can have smaller increases. 

Lets face it £50 for a ticket and a free shirt was too cheap and it was abused. The price increase has possibly freed up some seats for much wanted POTD and brought bthe SS more inline with other stands.

Yep, my post was offered without comment (unlike me 🤣🤣🤣).

3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

It's an incredibly strange choice of image.

7 people in the photo, only one of which is a current first team player. Is it normal to have a big picture of the club's technical director on such a post?

Surely the club know that Tinnion and Manning are relatively unpopular figures within the fanbase right now, so why make them so prominent in the advert? We seem to have used this as an opportunity to double-down on a couple of unpopular appointments.

Very odd.

Just the club doing their thing of stamping down their messaging via marketing - like it or lump it.

Seriously debating whether to bother renewing. 

Edited by Sturgess
  • Like 1

I think that’s me done after 15 years as a season ticket holder. Currently have seats for me and my daughter in S27 and it’s going to cost £90 more next season even though the football on offer is as boring as anything I’ve ever seen served up at Ashton Gate. The fact the snake and the personality vacuum are front and centre of the image tells me all I need to know about where the club is heading. Rather keep the money and use it on something that doesn’t take up most of my weekend and leaves me frustrated and bored. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

7 people in the photo, only one of which is a current first team player. Is it normal to have a big picture of the club's technical director on such a post?

Surely the club know that Tinnion and Manning are relatively unpopular figures within the fanbase right now, so why make them so prominent in the advert? We seem to have used this as an opportunity to double-down on a couple of unpopular appointments.

Very odd.

Can't agree about the manager however much I still have my reservations. He is the manager so he should be on there. The Technical Director should be nowhere near it, end of. May as well put Scott Murray on there as him. Probably just gave them an idea for next season...........

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Can't agree about the manager however much I still have my reservations. He is the manager so he should be on there. The Technical Director should be nowhere near it, end of. May as well put Scott Murray on there as him. Probably just gave them an idea for next season...........

Isn't this Murray on that picture?!

image.png.18913363a7f3ef3ca7ad23c1f54b01ca.png

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Very odd.

Two failed managers and our current kit man. Weird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

As far as I'm aware it's because of the number of people buying u12 Season Tickets in the South Stand and then not using them.

The South Stand has apparently been at less than 60% capacity this season despite being 'sold out' every match. This is the best way the club could think of to change that

No way has it been at less than 60%.

Maybe last Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Very odd.

Completely agree. I'll be renewing but I really didn't want to be reminded of a manager responsible for the bland borefests we've been watching recently, or that one of the club's managerial disasters is lurking in the background. Alan Dicks and the players of the past only serve to remind us how much better things have been. I'm a fan of Zak, but he is a defender, back in the day the marketing was rather more promisingly built around the likes of Nicky Maynard banging in goals...which gets the blood racing slightly more than 'solid at the back'.

All of which could be dismissed as trivia, but it's not an image that promises much for the future.

30 minutes ago, JerrySLO said:

I'll see what info we have been given at this point.

Hi Jerry, are we also able to ask why those of us in the SS are facing such a hike when compared with all other stands? Seems unjust...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

No way has it been at less than 60%.

Maybe last Sunday.

I was told it was at around 60% a month back, figured Sunday would have dropped that number.

Regardless, it's not great at all to look at, the club had to do something to address it

14 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

No. It's because the club have decided that all under 12s should **** off up to the Lansdown Stand, whether or not the people they sit with have been happily sitting in the South Stand since it opened.

I’m sure I’m missing something here - it’s been a long day already! If you and your son are South Stand ST holders already, you can just renew those right? You’re not being forced to move to the Lansdown upper tier? And if you do go up there, it’s cheaper than it is in the South Stand?

Just now, JBFC II said:

I was told it was at around 60% a month back, figured Sunday would have dropped that number.

Regardless, it's not great at all to look at, the club had to do something to address it

No excuses next season then.  Small mercies that we won’t have to read the moans every week about there not being seats available.  

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Time will tell.

I get the impression people are quite pissed off, would be interesting to see how other Mother's Day game attendances were hit.

I’m pretty sure if we were playing attractive winning football it would have been “see you tea time mum” and They’d have been there cheering us on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

The image is putting me off to be honest 

That’s just trolling at this point.

why the **** is tinnion on the st advertising ?

what other club would advertise season tickets with their technical director or equivalent?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

If people think the south stand is empty now wait until next season 😂 

I do think there will be a reduction of sales next season although if you read this thread we'll be lucky to sell one..........will be interesting to see where we end up. I reckon sub-13K is very likely, just a case of how much less. All down to a handful of people, and I exclude Liam Manning from that list tbh.

1 minute ago, Andrew_V1 said:

That’s just trolling at this point.

why the **** is tinnion on the st advertising ?

what other club would advertise season tickets with their technical director or equivalent?

Agree, it’s like putting Mark Ashton on it when he was here. Strange 

• Like 1

Just now, Hartleysbeard said:

I’m sure I’m missing something here - it’s been a long day already! If you and your son are South Stand ST holders already, you can just renew those right? You’re not being forced to move to the Lansdown upper tier? And if you do go up there, it’s cheaper than it is in the South Stand?

Yes of course we can renew there. But by paying more than 10% extra for me, or more than 90% extra for him. Which is scandalous. 

And yes we could move to Upper Lansdown, and be absolutely miles from the pitch, away from the people I've been sat with since the South Stand opened, and still be paying more for the privilege than I did this season in the South Stand.

• Like 2