IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

I most likely won't renew this year, I haven't been enjoying for a while now, and this season only renewed out of habit,

But it will also depend on how much the put the prices up by, I just don't see it as value for money anymore 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I most likely won't renew this year, I haven't been enjoying for a while now, and this season only renewed out of habit,

But it will also depend on how much the put the prices up by, I just don't see it as value for money anymore 

I’m in exactly the same place. I’ll only renew if my son wants to, I’m not interested anymore really and don’t enjoy the match day experience like I used to. The ground is completely atmosphere free sadly. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

This Cliff, this.

When my dad was given the news that his cancer was terminal it was in the Covid period. I remember him crying, and one of the things him saying was that he’d never get to Ashton Gate again. And he didn’t - he was gone before the grounds reopened. His name and memory for me is all over the ground though and I feel closer to him there than anywhere else.

It’s what you love. And it’ll be what you love irrespective of what’s served up because it’s a huge part of your life. I’d renew if I were you, come what may.

@Silvio Dante

@CliftonCliff

SD you've just started me crying. It's the same for me because Dad took me there when I was six. He'd seen City a few times before WW1, when visiting relatives in Bristol. When he moved from Rhondda to Filton he was an instant City fan. Took me all over the country to see them.

I don't want to stop going but it really is complete dross and do I want to sit there watching backwards and sideways in Div 3.

• Flames 2
  • Robin 3

We’ve been here before, people saying they won’t renew, then we get a record number of season ticket holders the following season and The Lansdowns sit back and think all is rosey. When Pearson got sacked there was outrage but no one made a sound about it a few days later at Ashton Gate against Sheff Wednesday 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

We’ve been here before, people saying they won’t renew, then we get a record number of season ticket holders the following season and The Lansdowns sit back and think all is rosey. When Pearson got sacked there was outrage but no one made a sound about it a few days later at Ashton Gate against Sheff Wednesday 

Ain’t that the truth. We’ve succumbed to reluctant compliance, through loyalty to the club… which is the very same hand used to beat ourselves with.

The echelons will never learn, they are either unwilling or just incapable of recognising their own inadequacies.

And the saga goes on… albeit in a nice stadium and improved training ground (none of this HPC nonsense).

5 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Depressingly true. They won’t be getting my money next season though.

I just think it’s again a lack of supporter engagement, how difficult would it be to keep season ticket holders updated when renewals are likely to be and any reasons for delay, they could even caveat it around waiting for decisions on the TV situation to work through incentives/packages

We all know we’ll just get an email come through randomly one day with a link to renew etc

I’ll say again, it’s another example where supporter relations have just fallen downhill since Richard Gould left 

There’s so many little things the club could do throughout the season show the appreciation of ST but they just don’t.

However, I’ll renew as I always do despite all of the above 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

9 minutes ago, Sturgess said:

Ain’t that the truth. We’ve succumbed to reluctant compliance, through loyalty to the club… which is the very same hand used to beat ourselves with.

The echelons will never learn, they are either unwilling or just incapable of recognising their own inadequacies.

And the saga goes on… albeit in a nice stadium and improved training ground (none of this HPC nonsense).

In fairness, people quite like Fleming. He was in some ways the last vestiges of the NP era, the continuation of it albeit just for one game. May have played a role?

There were certainly chants albeit not sustained at the next 2 League games.

11 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

This is so true. The fans, sorry "customers", have become very sterile and we now accept average as  normal for our club. We post our dissatisfaction on here but then turn up next time to watch more dross.

My thoughts, and I've said it before on here, is that Steve fears the cost of Premiership football and is not willing to bankroll it. Hence we get a  mid Championship team with positive soundbites but little to no progress. 

Maybe we're just getting what we deserve for OUR level of acceptance. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

I 100% agree. We are a passive bunch. 

We have no home end, yet we have an away end behind the goal.

We play in what is often a library and if people get animated there is always someone to tell you what is and is not acceptable. 

However the outrage on here over the obvious lies and untruths and the employing of an untested league one manager to replace Pearson was greeted with shock overwhelmingly on here but not at the ground. 

However our natural passiveness has been put to one side now.

We play rubbish football and the untruths of those making horrifying decisions are now coming out .

To this extent you have a main player in the saga going on radio to make statements excusing Manning for injuries while justifying squads reflecting a run at the FA Youth Cup, thus forcing the current manager to play Andy King a major factor in Pearson being fired! 

You can’t make this place up. I can remember the last time we were called  a basket case club in the press. Here we are again! 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We have no home end, yet we have an away end behind the goal.

One point on this, I agree we have this upside down, backwards and so on but Future Proofing and covering all bases is an issue given 3 different requirements..

A) EFL- 2k or 10% of capacity, whichever is lower. 2k it is then..easy.

B) PL- Should we ever get up, 3k or 10% of capacity whichever is lower. Bit thicker but 10% it is..2.6-2.7k?

C) FA Cup which we're in every season. Can make a big push for up to 15%. Max we can give is 3.4k but anyway.

What Plan B is there to accommodate all 3 requirements at once? We could do Plenty about Point A, but C is trickier as is B should it ever arise.

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

IIRC there are 23 home games 😉

18 “Saturday”

5 “midweek”

All (5) midweek will be broadcast (streaming service*)

5/12 Saturday matches will be televised - so 7/8 will be moved for tv coverage 

Plus either the opening day or final day will be televised

That will leave 9/10 Saturday 3pm games (on average per club) that won’t be televised.

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One point on this, I agree we have this upside down, backwards and so on but Future Proofing and covering all bases is an issue given 3 different requirements..

A) EFL- 2k or 10% of capacity, whichever is lower. 2k it is then..easy.

B) PL- Should we ever get up, 3k or 10% of capacity whichever is lower. Bit thicker but 10% it is..2.6-2.7k?

C) FA Cup which we're in every season. Can make a big push for up to 15%. Max we can give is 3.4k but anyway.

What Plan B is there to accommodate all 3 requirements at once? We could do Plenty about Point A, but C is trickier as is B should it ever arise.

Only easy way is to split the Atyeo, 2k away fans and 2.5k home - maybe safe standing and no reserved seating. So fa cup games then the away team can take the whole end. 

Just now, BS30 City said:

Only easy way is to split the Atyeo, 2k away fans and 2.5k home - maybe safe standing and no reserved seating. So fa cup games then the away team can take the whole end. 

Atyeo only holds 4.2k I certainly remmeber it holding thst pre redevelopment, and then got football it seems.to be down to 3.4k

2k Away

Less Segregation

Remainder Home

Would be the starting point.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Atyeo only holds 4.2k I certainly remmeber it holding thst pre redevelopment, and then got football it seems.to be down to 3.4k

2k Away

Less Segregation

Remainder Home

Would be the starting point.

Yes you are right just checked! In that case rip it down 😂 crap stand

7 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Hard to contemplate I won’t renew after supporting the club well over 50 years and a season ticket holder since 1990 

But sadly quite few my friends are not renewing and in some ways this pushes me the same way. 

I/We really haven’t enjoyed the past few seasons and living in East Bristol the traffic is a pain in the arse getting to and from AG. 

And we hear nothing from the owners about the direction the club is going in so why should we fork out another £500.00 for a season ticket  

Listening to Brian Tinnion on SOTC and him saying we are not in a position to match Coventry in terms of spend is not what any of us fans want to hear  

And to expect to be 10 points better off next season than we are now does nothing for enthusiasm  

I/We want to be in the mix for promotion  

I think the club are in for a shock with season ticket sales, I honestly think they will drop by 25%  

Sad really

Part of that is the legacy of prior mismanagement. Again not an excuse but a fact.

Going into this season, Coventry had accumulated losses of I think £10-15m in the prior 2 seasons and this doesn't include their big sales.

We had accumulated losses of about £50.7m.

All pre tax.

7 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

And to expect to be 10 points better off next season than we are now does nothing for enthusiasm  

I/We want to be in the mix for promotion 

100% understand the sentiment but plus 10 in theory puts us right in the mix for the playoffs.

Do you think automatic promotion under the current system, with Spending Rules and Parachute Payments is a genuine and realistic goal? I don't. Sadly.

It's been compounded by Leeds, Leicester and Southampton all dropping at once, 3 major clubs for the level. Ipswich are in a bit of a now or never IMO.

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

18 “Saturday”

5 “midweek”

That will leave 9/10 Saturday 3pm games (on average per club) that won’t be televised.

An awful lot of Championship footy live, being all opening day, final day, all the Bank Holidays, all midweek let alone taking 5 of the standard Saturday fixtures each week..

Can't see there being as much notice on games after Christmas as presumably Sky will want to choose the more attractive ones especially as the season progresses...though the scope to pick will be wider ..

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The max home fans we could get in there Idk.

How big was segregation when it was last split? Something could be better than nothing but it isn't terribly satisfactory.

With netting i doubt we would get enough home fans in there to make a difference. The Dolman end is restricted viewing anyway isnt it so that sections not useable! I cant see the club ever swapping away support to another section of the ground and now its be rebuilt it probably isnt easily achievable. I hold hope for a new stand one day, but wont hold my breath

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

18 “Saturday”

5 “midweek”

Looks like opening AND final days will be televised, plus Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Easter:

“All opening, final day, and midweek fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL will be shown live as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One & Two during international breaks.”

• Thanks 1