IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

10 hours ago, Kingston_Red said:

Excellent news that we have sold so many season tickets, glad to see a fan base largely behind the club and the good football we have been seeing on the pitch. Clearly the negativity of OTIB isn’t reflected amongst the wider fan base.

well done the fans, well done the board, well done manning - exciting times ahead.

Lets pick this apart one bit at a time;

"Excellent news that we have sold so many season tickets"  

We sold 15,000 last year , not seen an update from the Club for a while, where are we now ?

"glad to see a fan base largely behind the club"

The fanbase is always behind the Club . Many may have problems with the Board, the Manager , the owners etc. But the one constant in all of this is we all support Bristol City, however shit they are at the time.

"the good football we have been seeing on the pitch."

Probably could have picked a better time to say that FFS.

"well done the board,"

What exactly have they done well ?

"well done manning"

Well , taking his time here are you seeing a Promotion push ?  I would say the Jury is out. Some good games, some absolute shit shows and some dubious calls . He has earned a Pre-season with his good run, after a bad run that had brought serious questions over his future. 

Like I say , the Jury is out.

Exciting times ? Time will tell. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

18 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Said all along we would be a few hundred maybe several hundred down. Some were predicting thousands down. Was never going to happen…..this season.

I was one of those and I'm very surprised at the numbers.

What is clear from OTIB is many of those adamantly stating they wouldn't renew couldn't go through with it when it came to the crunch, whether that be because of the late run, an addiction they couldn't face kicking, even temporarily, or the threat of not being able to get a seat in the future if they gave theirs up.

Certainly appears ST's have not been renewed enthusiastically in many cases.

As I've said I'd still like to see a breakdown of sales and how many full paying adult ST's the club has lost; an increase in complimentary tickets or kid's tickets in the announced total, like last year, shouldn't mask what still appears to me to be an underlying disenchantment amongst many long standing fans.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

What is clear from OTIB is many of those adamantly stating they wouldn't renew couldn't go through with it when it came to the crunch, whether that be because of the late run, an addiction they couldn't face kicking, even temporarily, or the threat of not being able to get a seat in the future if they gave theirs up.

As I've said I'd still like to see a breakdown of sales and how many full paying adult ST's the club has lost; an increase in complimentary tickets or kid's tickets in the announced total, like last year, shouldn't mask what still appears to me to be an underlying disenchantment amongst many long standing fans.

I always thought the vast majority of naysayers would renew but what is the current stated number of sales and does anyone think there is the remotest chance that the club might be telling fibs?

I understoodv12k was announced a while back.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

This is it. 

Last season I renewed being optimistic that the reset was over and that we could and should then push forward. 

I was optimistic going into the season but it ended up being a very long season where it felt like a chore attending at times. 

This renewal period is completely different. I have no optimism for next season. I simply renewed to secure seats. 

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This is it. 

Last season I renewed being optimistic that the reset was over and that we could and should then push forward. 

I was optimistic going into the season but it ended up being a very long season where it felt like a chore attending at times. 

This renewal period is completely different. I have no optimism for next season. I simply renewed to secure seats. 

I think the above pretty much sums everything up!

I always say I’m a City fundamentalist, I’m always hopeful, however what ever that was last October time dented my support for the ownership, the son of the ownership and sadly Brian Tinnion.

As it did for a majority of supporters!

Nevertheless a new season new hope!

I think Mr Manning will not get as much time from the supporters, if the season starts poorly,  anyone else would coming in due to the circumstances the decision makers created.

But the decision makers have no choice but to back him, within reason, so I guess we will see. 

Update from Tom Rawcliffe on @3 Peaps In A PodCast this morning:

“Just shy of thirteen and a half thousand now, and at this stage you’d normally be between 90 and 95 percent of your sales, and I’m hoping that by the time the season ticks round we will be around the fourteen thousand mark, which is really good for us as a club”.

Other thing, which we all knew anyone, all clubs report tickets sold (not people in the ground).

South Stand is 98% season tickets, last season, but that wasn’t 98% full.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Update from Tom Rawcliffe on @3 Peaps In A PodCast this morning:

“Just shy of thirteen and a half thousand now, and at this stage you’d normally be between 90 and 95 percent of your sales, and I’m hoping that by the time the season ticks round we will be around the fourteen thousand mark, which is really good for us as a club”.

Other thing, which we all knew anyone, all clubs report tickets sold (not people in the ground).

South Stand is 98% season tickets, last season, but that wasn’t 98% full.

13,500 is good , but didn't we have 15k last year ? 
I know that was with 1/2 Season tickets, but did we do 1500 at Christmas ?

11 minutes ago, Bobby girl said:

We have had our ticket come to our phones, first game is on a Thursday night. Has anyone else?

Yeah mine has just updated to 

I don’t know what’s stranger - the fact is says it’s a Thursday night game or the fact that I haven’t even renewed next season

• Haha 6

Yeah it’s just an app reset as opposed to either confirming the date of the first game, or a renewal of the season ticket. Few giveaways:

- Although it’s a new TV deal there is no way they’re kicking off games at 5pm on a Thursday night!

- The constitution of the division isn’t complete, let alone the fixtures

- And for me, my son’s ticket moves from an U12 to an U19. He’s still U12 following the pass update.

Nothing to see here guys.

24 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Fixtures haven’t been released yet !

I know, it still says 23/24. I didn't think for a moment it was the new ticket. I was just trying to answer the OP.

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Yeah mine has just updated to 

I don’t know what’s stranger - the fact is says it’s a Thursday night game or the fact that I haven’t even renewed next season

Free season ticket didn't know it was a thing  😂

• Admin
On 05/05/2024 at 17:11, 1960maaan said:

13,500 is good , but didn't we have 15k last year ? 
I know that was with 1/2 Season tickets, but did we do 1500 at Christmas ?

13.500 is practically bang on to sales as last season

One thing that people are missing is that no hospitality has been put on sale yet.

All 18 executive boxes will be up for sale and all the other hospitality tickets are still to be added

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

13.500 is practically bang on to sales as last season

One thing that people are missing is that no hospitality has been put on sale yet.

All 18 executive boxes will be up for sale and all the other hospitality tickets are still to be added

I’d be interested in the hospitality numbers.

The Lansdown suite seats are all immediately to the left of me and the amount of empty seats this season compared to pre Covid is huge.

I’ve spoken to a few who have ditched it and they’ve said it had gone up so much isn’t worth the money or is just too much to pay nowadays.

I haven’t looked at prices for next season, I wonder if they’re up, down or the same price?

• Like 1

Coventry going more aggressive than us in their approach to their Family zone tickets vs our South Stand.

Obviously not directly comparable, just referring to the approach.

Feels a bit heavy handed.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Coventry going more aggressive than us in their approach to their Family zone tickets vs our South Stand.

Obviously not directly comparable, just referring to the approach.

Feels a bit heavy handed.

Agree it does look harsh. When I saw that they were launching a ticket exchange, I thought great. Until I read this:

“Added to Family Zone area Terms and Conditions, if fans are unable to attend then they must put their tickets on the Ticket Exchange. Failure to do this on 3 occasions or more will result in your Season Ticket being revoked for the remainder of the season with the seats being offered on a match-by-match basis to those who qualify. Furthermore, using the Ticket Exchange on more than 10 occasions will also result in your Season Ticket being revoked for the remainder of the season – no refunds will be given.”

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Agree it does look harsh. When I saw that they were launching a ticket exchange, I thought great. Until I read this:

“Added to Family Zone area Terms and Conditions, if fans are unable to attend then they must put their tickets on the Ticket Exchange. Failure to do this on 3 occasions or more will result in your Season Ticket being revoked for the remainder of the season with the seats being offered on a match-by-match basis to those who qualify. Furthermore, using the Ticket Exchange on more than 10 occasions will also result in your Season Ticket being revoked for the remainder of the season – no refunds will be given.”

And we have still to see how the new TV deal will play out.

Shocking decision by the club.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I agree it’s a shocking decision. Hopefully fans realise that twice you can not put the ticket on the ticket exchange and 10 times you can put it on the exchange. So you only need drag them to 11 games. 

Shockingly drafted by the lawyer who probably missed an ‘And/or’. ‘Don’t put it on the exchange twice’ but still ‘can use the ticket exchange 10 times’  

Edited by 38MC

31 minutes ago, eardun said:

Ouch. That’s pretty severe. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I know, that was my reply to a Cov fan….why not try the ticket exchange next season as a trial, gather your data, assess the impacts of the tv deal, then evolve from there the season after.