IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

To be fair to @Topper 123 he did call 12,000 sold at the end of the renewal period and was widely mocked for it before the figures were officially announced.

Not saying this is correct but happy to wait and see. Will be great news if so.

To be fair to your to be fair, he said 12k at an earlier point than when Gavin Marshall said 8k.  I guess he could have more real-time data than Gavin, or maybe Gavin told a few porkies to FBC and it was near 12k but he was trying to play it down in an attempt to get more late renewals.

Tbh, it doesn’t really matter, the 12k announced was very good. I suspect @IAmNick might be able to furnish us with another “data scrape”?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

To be fair to your to be fair, he said 12k at an earlier point than when Gavin Marshall said 8k.  I guess he could have more real-time data than Gavin, or maybe Gavin told a few porkies to FBC and it was near 12k but he was trying to play it down in an attempt to get more late renewals.

Tbh, it doesn’t really matter, the 12k announced was very good. I suspect @IAmNick might be able to furnish us with another “data scrape”?

Here's the sold amount (minus south stand and boxes):

image.png.fb970193785322a81436214097ce46c6.png

Here's the % sold per block:

image.png.85849bb48b35bcb7ccb120e78f7851ef.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Now this is decent sales tactics . Make it limited availability and people could be pushed into making the decision . 
They could be talking about the League requirement , which I'm guessing would be around 19/20k , still a limit just not revealing it. They could be genuine in lowering that , but even 16k is a fair jump from last year but also still limited availability . Clever.

Screenshot2024-05-02at09_17_37.png.64ba408c8e6785a3fa189a62daf59ecd.png

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

To be fair to @Topper 123 he did call 12,000 sold at the end of the renewal period and was widely mocked for it before the figures were officially announced.

Not saying this is correct but happy to wait and see. Will be great news if so.

He didn't, he called it far earlier than that so unless we only sold a few hundred tickets in the final five or six days of sales he wasn't correct at that point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He didn't, he called it far earlier than that so unless we only sold a few hundred tickets in the final five or six days of sales he wasn't correct at that point.

To be fair it's not miles away based on the web scraping above 11.22k plus 2.5k approx South stand boxes. Nearly 14k.

3 minutes ago, DolmanGaz said:

anybody have a rough idea on how long the ST's remain on general sale for? I didn't renew, but starting to regret it!!!

Right up until the start of the season.

Prices go up from tomorrow though as well as it being the last day for anyone who wants to pay by Direct Debit. 

Just now, Betty Swallocks said:

Right up until the start of the season.

Prices go up from tomorrow though as well as it being the last day for anyone who wants to pay by Direct Debit. 

ah ok, thanks! Any rough idea what price increases are typically like? I've just renewed last 12 or 13 years so no idea! ta

5 minutes ago, DolmanGaz said:

ah ok, thanks! Any rough idea what price increases are typically like? I've just renewed last 12 or 13 years so no idea! ta

I’m not sure, tried looking on the official site but can’t find anywhere that confirms how much they will be increased by. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Sounds fair Dave 😉 :thumbsup:

Edited by bpexile
  • Haha 2

So, if I buy a couple of season tickets for my sons, and they can't make the odd game, will I be able to use their tickets, subject to an upgrade obviously?

Edited by cheese
Cos I can

2 hours ago, Street red said:

17k ? Have a feeling the cap will be 15k season ticket holders.

Sorry, why would we cap at 15k?  

That guff about potd supporters spending more money than season ticket holders just doesn’t hold water.  

Can’t see the club turning down money from someone paying for a whole season and instead, keeping the seat empty, in the hope it gets sold every match to a potd.  Just doesn’t make any sense.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Sorry, why would we cap at 15k?  

That guff about potd supporters spending more money than season ticket holders just doesn’t hold water.  

Can’t see the club turning down money from someone paying for a whole season and instead, keeping the seat empty, in the hope it gets sold every match to a potd.  Just doesn’t make any sense.

I don't know what the figure would be but going by what marshall said there is a certain amount and considering the south stand is sold out and the atyeo for away support that leaves the dolman and Lansdown stand,So would of thought there is a figure which it is capped at I can't see us getting 17k season tickets. I have a feeling there is a rise in child tickets again which ups the figure of sales so far.

• Admin
3 hours ago, cheese said:

So, if I buy a couple of season tickets for my sons, and they can't make the odd game, will I be able to use their tickets, subject to an upgrade obviously?

Yeah, you pay the pro rata difference 

I used a friends ticket who has an OAP season ticket, I had to pay £4.17 to upgrade to an adult (assume slightly cheaper as I have a membership) 

2 hours ago, Street red said:

17k ? Have a feeling the cap will be 15k season ticket holders.

People have taken the comments a bit out of context 

It's not something suddenly being implemented, there's always been a maximum number we can sell. 

Obviously with the restrictions on the South Stand this season there are less cheaper tickets. 

If it gets within say a thousand, we know the club would be all over it as a sales pitch 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I got an email today asking about why I haven’t renewed. They proposed they would call me. I told them yeah ok! We will see!!

Might be cheaper to let you have a free ST than the cost of the call! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yeah, you pay the pro rata difference 

I used a friends ticket who has an OAP season ticket, I had to pay £4.17 to upgrade to an adult (assume slightly cheaper as I have a membership) 

People have taken the comments a bit out of context 

It's not something suddenly being implemented, there's always been a maximum number we can sell. 

Obviously with the restrictions on the South Stand this season there are less cheaper tickets. 

If it gets within say a thousand, we know the club would be all over it as a sales pitch 

Yep, and they might sale through the cap 'because we don't want anyone to miss out'.

57 minutes ago, Street red said:

I don't know what the figure would be but going by what marshall said there is a certain amount and considering the south stand is sold out and the atyeo for away support that leaves the dolman and Lansdown stand,So would of thought there is a figure which it is capped at I can't see us getting 17k season tickets. I have a feeling there is a rise in child tickets again which ups the figure of sales so far.

Bear in mind the ST’s are only available in the South Stand to existing ST holders and you can bet there are a good few who haven’t renewed.  The whole idea was to keep as many seats as possible free in there for potd.

There’s a lot of spin going on from the club atm and I’m sure Marshall has bought into that.  The only way I can see a big need for potd is if we were pushing capacity most games.  A bird in hand is worth two in the bush as the saying goes, so I would have thought it appears here.  

I really can’t see why the club would turn down full payment for a ST before the season begins and instead, hope that seat gets occupied by various potd people for every game and only get paid gradually, on a match-by-match basis.

Being a bit of cynic about our board, I suspect it’s more likely the so-called ST limit would only come into play as an ass covering excuse, if ST uptake fell well below expectations.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Might be cheaper to let you have a free ST than the cost of the call! 🤣🤣🤣

Thats what I’m hoping! I’ve got a feeling they can’t make international calls 😂 

I’ll keep y’all updated!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Haha 2

Gave in and renewed today -1 seat. 

Moved over to the Dolman. Not ideal seats but it is what it is. Shame that it showed me seats available in the SS and there was some ideal seats. 

Only reason I renewed was because of the scare stories of the season ticket cap nearly being reached so I wanted to secure seats for the future. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Moved over to the Dolman. Not ideal seats but it is what it is. Shame that it showed me seats available in the SS and there was some ideal seats. 

Only reason I renewed was because of the scare stories of the season ticket cap nearly being reached so I wanted to secure seats for the future. 

I've just done exactly the same with the same feelings. The last time I had a season ticket in the Dolman was when it was first built in 1970....£5 for a juvenile ticket!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

There is a requirement for PotD tickets , Norwich have reached theirs the last few years at 21k in a 27k stadium. I'm guessing ours would be 19/20 k , why they would lower that baffles me. Turn down a seasons money on the chance they will earn more from more PotD punters ? Risky IMO . 

I think we have to do business early and a few things to drop into place to sell out the early games. Then what about any drop in form etc . If it pays off great , probably £10 or more per game for every PotD Vs STH . But for every time that STH's seat that wasn't sold, isn't taken by PotD they lose £25 .
But they haven't released the limit , it could be a brilliant sales tactic. If it is you're proof it worked . I wish someone could ask what the cut off figure is, but them it would cause sales if it was 19,000.