IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

We are gonna have to see aren’t we?

Would be good to know how many ST sold in SS for 23/24 season, versus for next season (24/25), and how many POTD that leaves.

Not that I’m in conversations with many fans, let alone SS ST holders with kids, but I haven’t seen much “traffic” on OTIB saying - I’ve relocated to the Lansdown family area. That’s not to say they haven’t, but I do wonder whether the thought of never getting a ST back in the SS might’ve persuaded some to suck up the price increases.

Out of interest, does anyone know the capacity of SS and how many ST holders there were last season?

I’m one of those fans that’s in the category of having a ST along with my kids in the south stand and I’m not relocating. 

I must admit I was initially annoyed when the price announcement first came out as the kids tickets have doubled and we don’t get the home shirt now. We barely miss a game unless we’re away.

However I still had no intention of going to the upper Lansdown. Although I understand what the club are trying to do (I think), both the kids and I enjoy where we sit.  I’ve just had to suck it up and actually buy a couple of shirts from the club shop for once!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Were you at Mansfield? said:

I’m one of those fans that’s in the category of having a ST along with my kids in the south stand and I’m not relocating. 

I must admit I was initially annoyed when the price announcement first came out as the kids tickets have doubled and we don’t get the home shirt now. We barely miss a game unless we’re away.

However I still had no intention of going to the upper Lansdown. Although I understand what the club are trying to do (I think), both the kids and I enjoy where we sit.  I’ve just had to suck it up and actually buy a couple of shirts from the club shop for once!

Ta.

Is that because they’ve reached the age that they don’t get a shirt anymore?  If so, I imagine they’re at an age where the SS is mire where they’d wanna be anyway?

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Don't the club have to keep a certain number of tickets back for pay on the day anyway?

Let's say we have 22000 seats available for home fans, we'd probably be looking to max out at 18k season tickets and then leave the rest for general sale.

The issue with the south stand was the number of unused season tickets. From what I heard, despite being sold out it was at around 60% capacity on average, the club had to do something. Season tickets are still of huge importance for a club like ourselves, can't see there coming a time in the near future where we won't have them

Yeah, that situation was untenable.

It probably looked worse than it was because a number of supporters invoked the free upgrade to unattended seats in other parts of the ground.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Ta.

Is that because they’ve reached the age that they don’t get a shirt anymore?  If so, I imagine they’re at an age where the SS is mire where they’d wanna be anyway?

One has just crossed into the higher category so accept that’s just life, but one is still ‘under 12’. In answer to your question,  yes it suits them better. We’re only a few blocks from section 82 and they like the atmosphere (one to debate on another topic!), and we like who we sit by.

I guess if my kids were a few years younger, maybe I would have been more open to relocating.

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Obviously we don't know how next season is going to pan out on the pitch. 

But let's just say we do about the same. 

I don't think people are quite aware of the impact the new TV deal will have on fixtures and that come next years renewals we will see a drop off because of the TV schedule. 

We will. I suspect the FSF will do a survey to help quantify the impact of this. Apart from people not attending, it will also cause major inconvenience to some fans. That this isn't recognised by the other 'stakeholders' shows that the pursuit of the dollar (or pound) trumps all in modern professional football.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

We will. I suspect the FSF will do a survey to help quantify the impact of this. Apart from people not attending, it will also cause major inconvenience to some fans. That this isn't recognised by the other 'stakeholders' shows that the pursuit of the dollar (or pound) trumps all in modern professional football.

Is not even a gamechanging amount either...

If it was say £10m more per Championship club I would say well there is a difference albeit one that lifts all boats.

£2m-2.5m, £3m at a push..in a League where clubs lose £15-20m in a Year, underlying losses and actual with some ease. Is it worth it?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Were you at Mansfield? said:

One has just crossed into the higher category so accept that’s just life, but one is still ‘under 12’. In answer to your question,  yes it suits them better. We’re only a few blocks from section 82 and they like the atmosphere (one to debate on another topic!), and we like who we sit by.

I guess if my kids were a few years younger, maybe I would have been more open to relocating.

The one who is under 12 will still get a free shirt.

26 minutes ago, Were you at Mansfield? said:

You kind of touch on another topic in your last line - and that is what the kids who are a few years younger do in 2-3 years time. Too young to go without an adult, too old to want to sit in the family area. By not selling new STs for the South Stand, the club have created a major problem going forward (possibly by intent) - that dad/mum with kids is forced to get a ST in a more expensive part of the ground when the move comes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Were you at Mansfield? said:

My understanding was it now only applied to under 12 tickets being bought in the family area but happy to be corrected! Thanks

The website states that all under 12 season ticket holders receive a free shirt, so I'll certainly be kicking off if that isn't the case!

Screenshot_20240425-143059-756.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nope, he's a good poster imo and that you, or others, don't agree with his posts is beside the point.

You are notable for the number of posts you make super, but also the brevity of the vast majority of those posts, more often than not confined to 1 line.

When challenged WSM goes out of his way to explain his views in some depth, to me that's a good poster whether you agree with him or not.

I hope he re-news and buys some sort of ST and hope he carries on posting on this forum but personally I find his constant negativity quite depressing and draining

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Don't the club have to keep a certain number of tickets back for pay on the day anyway?

Let's say we have 22000 seats available for home fans, we'd probably be looking to max out at 18k season tickets and then leave the rest for general sale.

The issue with the south stand was the number of unused season tickets. From what I heard, despite being sold out it was at around 60% capacity on average, the club had to do something. Season tickets are still of huge importance for a club like ourselves, can't see there coming a time in the near future where we won't have them

I don’t think they want to sell anything like 18k if previous utterings are anything to go by, I think nearer 15k tops , whatever their reasoning . 

To be fair I think fans groups have also pushed the changes regarding the south stand as a way to improve the atmosphere, to many cheap kids tickets not always attending for whatever reason leaving big gaps . 

12 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

I don’t think they want to sell anything like 18k if previous utterings are anything to go by, I think nearer 15k tops , whatever their reasoning . 

To be fair I think fans groups have also pushed the changes regarding the south stand as a way to improve the atmosphere, to many cheap kids tickets not always attending for whatever reason leaving big gaps . 

Yes Gavin Marshall said they want to increase sales to just over 15k on the FBC podcast. 

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

So has the club done anything to avoid the empty seats of unused season tickets 

Just now, Rocking Red Cyril said:

So has the club done anything to avoid the empty seats of unused season tickets 

The focus is on the South Stand. They are hopping that the following works:

1. Higher % price increase in the SS v other stands (to discourage purchase if not going to use it).

2. Even higher price increase for kids in the SS to discourage unused kids’ tickets there (can move to cheaper family stand).

3. No new season tickets in SS. 

4. All of the above to free up tickets for POTD fans.

Time will tell if that will work. Plus if the TV deal moves a lot of kick off times around, there may be more season tickets holders who can’t attend which may negate some of the above.

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think there are many ways to do it. Miss 5 games in a row and you get your ticket deactivated for one game for example. Losing the seat would only happen following lots of periods of missed games. Pretty sure it's Brighton that does this. 

I think the big issue is these kids tickets. I don't think the increase will stop people buying them just to have a spare seat next to them. Because ultimately if they upgrade the shirt to an adults shirt then they are still only paying what 60 quid for the seat? 

Also there is the issue of adults are using these kids tickets. I've seen many people openly boast about it on various platforms. 

For the genuine people these people are spoiling it for them. 

No mate. Didn't watch it. Was engaged doing something else over the weekend. 

From what I have seen, clubs who have a use it or lose it policy re season tickets tend to combine it with one important caveat - they say if you advertise the seat for sale on their ticket exchange site, that is classed as using it (whether anyone buys it or not). Same if you forward it to a mate. That feels entirely appropriate/reasonable and it would be good if City create a site like this in the future. As @phantom has said though, it is unlikely to happen until there are regular sell outs as until then it makes more commercial sense for City to focus on selling the seats that haven’t been sold yet rather then spend money reselling the ones that have already been sold. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, eardun said:

From what I have seen, clubs who have a use it or lose it policy re season tickets tend to combine it with one important caveat - they say if you advertise the seat for sale on their ticket exchange site, that is classed as using it (whether anyone buys it or not). Same if you forward it to a mate. That feels entirely appropriate/reasonable and it would be good if City create a site like this in the future. As @phantom has said though, it is unlikely to happen until there are regular sell outs as until then it makes more commercial sense for City to focus on selling the seats that haven’t been sold yet rather then spend money reselling the ones that have already been sold. 

Someone, probably @phantom said the ticket system has the capability to do this…but needs demand for tickets to justify it.

(I think)

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Someone, probably @phantom said the ticket system has the capability to do this…but needs demand for tickets to justify it.

(I think)

I honestly don't know for 100%, I do know a new system was being installed and it was believed it was an available facility 

The impression I get is it won't be dependent on being a sell out as lower priced tickets would be available 

But as I have said, it's all within a bigger project about improving the atmosphere 

Just now, Scrumpy Dziek said:

How do they know what the demand for cheap or seats behind a goal are if they're always sold out?

Feedback and discussions 

• Thanks 1

This is the Spurs rule for example:

1.5 Seat Utilisation

With huge demand for tickets to our home matches, and in order to maximise access to tickets, we shall continue to monitor the utilisation of Season Tickets throughout the 2024/25 season.

In an effort to increase ticket availability to One Hotspur Members, Season Ticket Holders will be responsible for ensuring that every effort is made for their Season Ticket seat to be occupied at home Premier League fixtures.

As well as attendance in person, a seat will be considered utilised if it is listed for sale on Ticket Exchange or shared with a friend or family member by using Ticket Share or Ticket Upgrade (see Section 6.3).

To be guaranteed a Season Ticket for the 2025/26 season, supporters will need to ensure that their seat has been utilised, as detailed above, for no less than 15 of the 19 home Premier League fixtures. The Club will work with any supporter at risk of not meeting this threshold during the season.

The Club will also be providing an amnesty period during the 2024/25 season for Season Ticket Holders who do not regularly attend matches themselves to transfer the ownership of their seat.

22 minutes ago, eardun said:

As the SS is constantly sold out, couldn't they implement this system on a stand by stand basis? 

Eventually the plan is for us to be successful so these issues will pop up. Why not future proof ourselves now whilst also dealing with a current issue? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

But as I have said, it's all within a bigger project about improving the atmosphere 

What is the bigger project? Expanding the singing area? And by taking season tickets off sale this then makes it easier to expand it as less people to move? 

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

As the SS is constantly sold out, couldn't they implement this system on a stand by stand basis? 

Eventually the plan is for us to be successful so these issues will pop up. Why not future proof ourselves now whilst also dealing with a current issue? 

It will be interesting to see how many POTD tickets are available for sale in the SS for the first match of the season - I presume that will be the first time we will know how many SS ticket holders have not renewed/have moved to the family stand.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, eardun said:

It will be interesting to see how many POTD tickets are available for sale in the SS for the first match of the season - I presume that will be the first time we will know how many SS ticket holders have not renewed/have moved to the family stand.

Personally I don't think it will have any material impact. 

I think people will just suck up the price increases especially those who abused the offer. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

27 minutes ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

How do they know what the demand for cheap or seats behind a goal are if they're always sold out?

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Feedback and discussions 

Are you surprised that nobody is feeding back or discussing that they haven't bought a ticket for a game because the cheapest ticket or their preferred view from a goal isn't available?

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Personally I don't think it will have any material impact. 

Yes I’m not so sure either. Indeed some may have renewed precisely because of the ‘renewals- only’ policy, i.e. they may be concerned that if they leave the SS now, they might never be able to go back there again in the future. As I say, though, it will be interesting to see when tickets go on sale for the first match.

• Like 2

• Admin
11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What is the bigger project? Expanding the singing area? And by taking season tickets off sale this then makes it easier to expand it as less people to move? 

All I can tell you at this point is there are many things being raised and discussed under the banner of "Improving the atmosphere", some things are very easy and quick wins, but other things will need approval from the board before being raised with our fanbase

Anything and everything is on the table at this point

11 hours ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

Are you surprised that nobody is feeding back or discussing that they haven't bought a ticket for a game because the cheapest ticket or their preferred view from a goal isn't available?

I meant the complete opposite, it is from feedback received 

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

All I can tell you at this point is there are many things being raised and discussed under the banner of "Improving the atmosphere", some things are very easy and quick wins, but other things will need approval from the board before being raised with our fanbase

Anything and everything is on the table at this point

What’s triggered this sudden interest in atmosphere by the club? And how will supporters be able to feed in. Is it going to be an open and transparent process? 

Edited by lenred

• Admin
1 hour ago, lenred said:

What’s triggered this sudden interest in atmosphere by the club? And how will supporters be able to feed in. Is it going to be an open and transparent process? 

It was initially raised by the SC&T

IF it is decided to progress with anything, all relevant supporters will be consulted with all the way through the process. If ultimately any suggestion doesn't have enough supporter buy in, it won't happen

It's far too early to raise on here, nothing to worry or discuss for a while yet