IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

8 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I think there is some points to be made here from the club's communications today.

They are obviously priotising POTD for next season. Hence the "South Stand sold out". It won't be sold out, just sold out to anyone buying STs. There will probably be 500+ free seats for the first game of the season for POTD punters.

Secondly, they are only offering a "limited" number of STs for the open sale market.

I think as a club we will be looking to cap ST sales at around 14k or so (not sure about H/T STs around Christmas). This will once again force more people to get memberships or go POTD.

The club has probably recognised that the missing STs and a certain number of the STs that do come are unlikely to spend as much in the shop/concessions as people doing the POTD trip down the gate experience.

It's going to be interesting how this new approach works anyhow.

With them supposedly prioritising POTD, wouldn’t it be safe to assume they are very optimistic about next season? 

If they prioritised potd and next season we just stuck around 12th-18th the entire season the attendance/atmosphere would plummet off a cliff. 

Surely prioritising it this way suggests they have optimism about our actual performance in the league next year? (I could be just reading into this too much) 

Could suggest a multitude of things, their feelings on LM, prepared for the summer window? I don’t really know but is certainly an interesting shift. 

• Admin
8 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I think there is some points to be made here from the club's communications today.

They are obviously priotising POTD for next season. Hence the "South Stand sold out". It won't be sold out, just sold out to anyone buying STs. There will probably be 500+ free seats for the first game of the season for POTD punters.

Secondly, they are only offering a "limited" number of STs for the open sale market.

I think as a club we will be looking to cap ST sales at around 14k or so (not sure about H/T STs around Christmas). This will once again force more people to get memberships or go POTD.

The club has probably recognised that the missing STs and a certain number of the STs that do come are unlikely to spend as much in the shop/concessions as people doing the POTD trip down the gate experience.

I'm curious by a couple of your points, where are the club saying they are prioritising POTD? 

It's more beneficial to them to have the money in the account for the summer etc than sporadically getting different numbers per match. 

Again, you talk about capping season tickets, this isn't anything new every club has had to make a minimum number of tickets available to non ST holders for a long time. 

They certainly won't be capping them at a lower number than what we currently have sold this season. 

I'm confused by the last paragraph, how will those not attending spend any money? 

There's no evidence a ST holder spends more or less than someone who pays on the day 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If the figures are true and it was circa 8k middle of last week that would suggest quite a few sent a message that the club would do well to heed moving forwards. Taking fans money for granted only ends one way.

Do we know that this is a new trend? 

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I said it would end up at hundreds rather than thousands not renewing and that’s where we are heading. However the club should consider that fortunate and make an effort to engage with fans and not antagonise or bullshit them in future. Liam found a run of form at just the right time for both him and the hierarchy. We go again next season now.

TBH - and I can only speak for me - I'd have renewed even if he hadn't. I've renewed after relegation seasons and disasterous managers. 

You just hope they'll be gone soon and we move on to better things. 

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Technically, they could have sold less in the South Stand than this season and it’d be sold out because they’re not selling them.

Mind. Blown.

“We sold no tickets in the south stand, no one renewed”

“Wait a minute, that’s means…. We sold out!!!!”

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, George Rs said:

With them supposedly prioritising POTD, wouldn’t it be safe to assume they are very optimistic about next season? 

If they prioritised potd and next season we just stuck around 12th-18th the entire season the attendance/atmosphere would plummet off a cliff. 

Surely prioritising it this way suggests they have optimism about our actual performance in the league next year? (I could be just reading into this too much) 

Could suggest a multitude of things, their feelings on LM, prepared for the summer window? I don’t really know but is certainly an interesting shift. 

Way too much. We’ll finish between 12th and 18th and they know it. 

12,000 season tickets sold in mid April, is that a club record? It is a fab effort, well done in all the supporters that have got on board. We haven't challenged for promotion for some time now so to have that many season tickets already is great.

Wonder how many the Gas have sold - 1200?

37 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Part of me wonders whether some fans with kids in SS thought that with the potential for no opportunity to get back into SS that they might be best biting the bullet and staying where they are, even if it costs them more.

Would be good to get a breakdown by stand and age group (not that I think we will).

If that it the case, then club have done a good job (for the club) in pricing it as they have.

• Like 1

The devil is always in the detail. If we end up at say 13-13.5K ST holders it will be interesting to know the split. If 250 are kids in the South Stand that were barely attending anyway then half a dozen of the bigger games next season with increased POTD eats that for breakfast. If 500 were paying £700 in the Lansdown then that's £350K they have lost which will take more than half a dozen higher attendance games to recoup. Whilst 12K to date is impressive in the circumstances the club should be disappointed when any STH decides to jack it in particularly when a decent proportion of those will be because of the way the hierarchy of the club communicates. It's never easy to get people back once they take the plunge and do something else on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Of course we don’t know what the season ticket cap is next year either. They have been quite upfront about the fact there is a cap but unknown if this cap allows for more, same or less season ticket holders next year. 

Just got the answer to my own question by starting to listen to the FBC podcast with Gavin Marshall. He says they are hoping to increase season tickets slightly by selling a bit more than 15k. 

Edited by eardun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not just results but improved, intent and performances in 3 if not 4..

I don't think the Swansea result e.g. would've had people rushing back, this six game run has had 3 if not 4 positive performances too and that can inspire hope.

Nah. We've seen plenty of runs where we've played ok but had bad results, and fans get angsty. I've been told enough times that "the only stat that matters is the scoreline". 

I don't think most fans go much deeper than the scoreline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Street red said:

So is 12000 down on last year before general sale? I would of thought if everyone renewed it would be nearer 14k I can't remember the actual figure for this season.

Announced a year ago to the day 10k sold , so better at this stage by 2k I guess 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

12,000 season tickets sold in mid April, is that a club record? It is a fab effort, well done in all the supporters that have got on board. We haven't challenged for promotion for some time now so to have that many season tickets already is great.

Wonder how many the Gas have sold - 1200?

To reach last years level of season ticket sales we will need NEW supporters (i.e. who have not had a ST before or for years) to sign up. I see us shifting another 1000 or so and end up up somewhere between 13-13.5K.

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

No one will greet it with glee. In fact I would say the opposite. Many becoming that disillusioned with the club they feel they can’t renew. 

Having said that, not lining SL pockets so he invest in anything but football isn’t the worse thing.

If yourself and the seagull don’t renew that’s up to you , good luck to you , but what it does say is that this forum does not necessarily speak for the general fan base, it’s been awful on here for  months yet tickets have gone very well 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

If yourself and the seagull don’t renew that’s up to you , good luck to you , but what it does say is that this forum does not necessarily speak for the general fan base, it’s been awful on here for  months yet tickets have gone very well.

I was always wary of predicting a massive decrease in sales because the same thing happens most seasons. People say they won't renew then, when push comes to shove and they realise the alternative, do. It is a fact though that a number have carried out their threat regardless of the current sales. The club do need to sort their comms out next season. Don't take support for granted.

• Like 1

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

To reach last years level of season ticket sales we will need NEW supporters (i.e. who have not had a ST before or for years) to sign up. I see us shifting another 1000 or so and end up up somewhere between 13-13.5K.

This happens every season 

We lose a %, but a new % come on board 

52 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm curious by a couple of your points, where are the club saying they are prioritising POTD? 

It's more beneficial to them to have the money in the account for the summer etc than sporadically getting different numbers per match. 

Again, you talk about capping season tickets, this isn't anything new every club has had to make a minimum number of tickets available to non ST holders for a long time. 

They certainly won't be capping them at a lower number than what we currently have sold this season. 

I'm confused by the last paragraph, how will those not attending spend any money? 

There's no evidence a ST holder spends more or less than someone who pays on the day 

I think the point is a potd fan is going to spend more than a season ticket holder that doesn’t attend.

At bigger clubs there is evidence that they spend more than attending ST holders, Spurs are trying to get more potd fans as they, especially the South Koreans spend over £200 per person.

Obviously that would be hard to match at Ashton Gate, our one rail of clothing in the club shop couldn’t really support that! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, phantom said:

This happens every season 

We lose a %, but a new % come on board 

Agree. And some don’t come on board until half season tickets go on sale (some of the current 15k season ticket holders won’t have bought until December)

• Like 2

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I was always wary of predicting a massive decrease in sales because the same thing happens most seasons. People say they won't renew then, when push comes to shove and they realise the alternative, do. It is a fact though that a number have carried out their threat regardless of the current sales. The club do need to sort their comms out next season. Don't take support for granted.

But with a sell out on Saturday, our highest average attendance for over 40 years and higher season ticket sales compared to last season it clearly shows fans are backing the team and those staying away are a very small minority 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

If yourself and the seagull don’t renew that’s up to you , good luck to you , but what it does say is that this forum does not necessarily speak for the general fan base, it’s been awful on here for  months yet tickets have gone very well 

How is any reduction in ticket sales “gone very well”? This is a football club. It’s not like buying tickets for something where there are multiple options that can impact sales. If numbers are down, it’s because people either aren’t happy or have been priced out of going. Neither is a good thing.

Long way to go of course. General sale might be booming and good luck to anyone wanting to invest. Just find that particular comment strange.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

👏 100% agree.

Hopefully we will kick off next season with fans positive and up for it.

I'd like to see us pick up 4/6 more points from the final two games, bring in a forward that we can all get overly optimistic about, and trounce a couple of team in pre-season to set up a highly anticipated first game of the 2024-25 season, which naturally will be a 0-1 at home to Millwall.

• Robin 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

How is any reduction in ticket sales “gone very well”? This is a football club. It’s not like buying tickets for something where there are multiple options that can impact sales. If numbers are down, it’s because people either aren’t happy or have been priced out of going. Neither is a good thing.

Long way to go of course. General sale might be booming and good luck to anyone wanting to invest. Just find that particular comment strange.

Numbers are up at the comparable point to last year though 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Year on year this is up and you know it , 10k this time last year, you have your view but it’s the truth well up at this stage 

• Like 5

Wow, that’s impressive 👏

The club can’t say they haven’t been backed by us supporters - let’s hope the club back the HC now so that we have a team ready to push-on next season……Manning’s comments re the club needing to show ambition in the summer was interesting today too.

He sounded quite confident and so makes me wonder if we already have the signings we want, all lined up?