IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not just results but improved, intent and performances in 3 if not 4..

I don't think the Swansea result e.g. would've had people rushing back, this six game run has had 3 if not 4 positive performances too and that can inspire hope.

It's also possible that many fans were like me in thinking that City weren't as bad pre-Easter as some were making out. 

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure there are lots of factors, but the main one could be that the matchday is a big part of their lives.

• Like 1

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

Yes you can but only by telephone I did it this afternoon no problem at all, moved a block over 

Yay, common sense exists in Supporter Services!

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

It's also possible that many fans were like me in thinking that City weren't as bad pre-Easter as some were making out. 

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure there are lots of factors, but the main one could be that the matchday is a big part of their lives.

I think the last point is entirely it. I’ve said I’m pissed off with the hierarchy- and I am - and still want change. But I was here before them and I’ll be here after them. It isn’t like a normal product 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't think the Swansea result e.g. would've had people rushing back, this six game run has had 3 if not 4 positive performances too and that can inspire hope.

The Swansea game was the final nail in the coffin for me. 

I remember just sitting there thinking how incredibly shite it was. Yes we won but it was probably one of the worst games I've ever watched where we've won. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Thank you sir

Credit where it is due.

I'll be honest I was a bit sceptical given the sketchy structure at the top of the club, some of the results and performances and social media mood music but 12k at this stage that is good stuff. You had a good source!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I remember just sitting there thinking how incredibly shite it was. Yes we won but it was probably one of the worst games I've ever watched where we've won. 

Yeah same for many from memory but it was a must win. I would say though that the defeats to the bottom two Sheff Wed and QPR is what done it. Despite the two going on very good runs after they beat us it was seen as a wake up, after the boro and famous Southampton win 🙄.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’m confused, how can the south stand be “sold out” if they aren’t letting anyone buy STs there?!

Yes they could have phrased this differently but I guess they are reminding members that they can’t buy in the south stand 

3 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

That was last week , it was 10k sold a year ago tomorrow so we will see soon as a lot will have done it late for various reasons , I do hope any drop is not greeted on here with glee , we are City fans at the end of the day and more people in the ground helps us whatever people’s agendas 

No one will greet it with glee. In fact I would say the opposite. Many becoming that disillusioned with the club they feel they can’t renew. 

Having said that, not lining SL pockets so he invest in anything but football isn’t the worse thing.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Swede said:

I've renewed my ticket. Its a 50 - 60 mile round trip for me and I still work so I can't make all of the games especially some midweek games.

By renewing my season ticket I am supporting the club whether I attend all of the matches or not, its my choice. I really can't understand all of the fuss with people not attending and leaving seats empty. There's usually other areas not occupied so what's the problem? Non attendees are counted in the attendance anyway and if its a high profile match them I'm sure the non attendees would be minimal.

I’m guessing like me, you and many others have paid upwards of £400 for your ticket and I don’t think anyone has been moaning about those people not making every game.

The problem lay with seats that had sold for 40? odd quid to kids that rarely or never attended. As this was mainly in the south stand, the cheapest stand that the occasional supporter would most likely want to buy a ticket for, then it’s obviously a money missing opportunity for the club.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Because it was sold out last season and any available could be gone due to seat moves 

Nah I know a few people in SS who haven’t renewed at all so can’t be, ah well not a big deal I guess 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That game, plus the Millwall and Norwich games at home were the 3 most sopororific at Home for me.

There were other negative gsmes sure but those 3, not even a technical thing at times they were just..

24 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah same for many from memory but it was a must win. I would say though that the defeats to the bottom two Sheff Wed and QPR is what done it. Despite the two going on very good runs after they beat us it was seen as a wake up, after the boro and famous Southampton win 🙄.

IMO we win the QPR game if we score first. We didn't and the last half hour or perhaps 15-20 mins well we just collapsed didn't we, got shredded on the break so very often due to the triple or quadruple change and the subsequent change of shape around the hour mark.

That latter 20, 30 mins really compounded it.

3 minutes ago, Street red said:

So is 12000 down on last year before general sale? I would have thought if everyone renewed it would be nearer 14k I can't remember the actual figure for this season.

People above are saying above that this is more than the same stage last year (makes sense as presumably there are more people who could renew this year ie less season ticket holders in 2022-23 v 2023-24)

29 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’m confused, how can the south stand be “sold out” if they aren’t letting anyone buy STs there?!

Technically, they could have sold less in the South Stand than this season and it’d be sold out because they’re not selling them.

Mind. Blown.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

12k at this stage, that is an improvement?

@Topper 123 may have had better info than assumed.

A late rush between last week and now? GM mentioned 8,000.

Yep fair play topper123,

Renewed mine several weeks ago- I go into every season with hope, yes I am not a fan of tinnion, yes I do believe Pearson was very harshly treated….but I also have seen enough in Mannings inconsistent tenure to be hopeful next year.

It’s more than that though its being around good people- and about us being at the very least competitive in what is probably one of the most exciting leagues in world football.

i don’t know about anyone else but i also have a gut feel that if I ever did not renew I guarantee it would be the season we storm our way to promotion.

COYR

• Like 3
  • Robin 2

Just now, eardun said:

People above are saying above that this is more than the same stage last year (makes sense as presumably there are more people who could renew this year ie less season ticket holders in 2022-23 v 2023-24)

Yeah that makes sense but I think they are still down from this season ticket holders as people haven't renewed. 

7 minutes ago, Street red said:

Yeah that makes sense but I think they are still down from this season ticket holders as people haven't renewed. 

Of course we don’t know what the season ticket cap is next year either. They have been quite upfront about the fact there is a cap but unknown if this cap allows for more, same or less season ticket holders next year. 

Edited by eardun

14 minutes ago, Street red said:

True but if 12000 have already renewed then the “drop” that we end up with will probably be inconsequential to them. 

I can’t remember how many we had last year but guessing it was 14-15k total. 

I can’t see more the a 1-1.5k drop happening from this point. And there’s a lot of reasons not to get a season ticket atm other than unhappiness with the club. Financial reasons, waryness of the new tv schedule etc.

Assume losing 1000 season tickets would just be written off mostly due to those two things and the Lansdowns won’t worry themselves. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

True but if 12000 have already renewed then the “drop” that we end up with will probably be inconsequential to them. 

I can’t remember how many we had last year but guessing it was 14-15k total. 

I can’t see more the a 1-1.5k drop happening from this point. And there’s a lot of reasons not to get a season ticket atm other than unhappiness with the club. Financial reasons, waryness of the new tv schedule etc.

Assume losing 1000 season tickets would just be written off mostly due to those two things and the Lansdowns won’t worry themselves. 

I said it would end up at hundreds rather than thousands not renewing and that’s where we are heading. However the club should consider that fortunate and make an effort to engage with fans and not antagonise or bullshit them in future. Liam found a run of form at just the right time for both him and the hierarchy. We go again next season now.

• Like 2

• SC&T Board Members
25 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Technically, they could have sold less in the South Stand than this season and it’d be sold out because they’re not selling them.

Mind. Blown.

Yep, that's what it has to mean, I think.

The South Stand is "sold out" not because season tickets have been sold for every seat in that stand, but because there will be no further sales of season tickets for it (leaving all unsold seats available for matchday sales).

Rather than "sold out", it is really now "off sale".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think there is some points to be made here from the club's communications today.

They are obviously priotising POTD for next season. Hence the "South Stand sold out". It won't be sold out, just sold out to anyone buying STs. There will probably be 500+ free seats for the first game of the season for POTD punters.

Secondly, they are only offering a "limited" number of STs for the open sale market.

I think as a club we will be looking to cap ST sales at around 14k or so (not sure about H/T STs around Christmas). This will once again force more people to get memberships or go POTD.

The club has probably recognised that the missing STs and a certain number of the STs that do come are unlikely to spend as much in the shop/concessions as people doing the POTD trip down the gate experience.

It's going to be interesting how this new approach works anyhow.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

A majority of people - If they really wanted to go - they would. My job has seriously impacted me in recent years but if I really wanted to get to games, I could 

And the football isn’t any worse. You are right. However I don’t think that’s why people are staying away. They are staying away because it’s not got any better and there has been nothing to suggest things will improve next year. People are sick of the constant bullshit and bluster that comes from Tinnion and Junior

They are both clueless and it’s been widely accepted that as long as those two cabbages are at the helm, we will never move above mid-table in this league 

I’m sure the “a true supporter would support never do that” brigade will be out in full force but **** them. Until people start speaking with their feet nothing will ever change - why would it?

Judging by sale being confirmed as over 12k today, it would seem people are happy with parting with their hard earned money 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Judging by sale being confirmed as over 12k today, it would seem people are happy with parting with their hard earned money 

Yep, that’s good sales, especially with uncertainty re tv games and how many will change and how spread across the weekend they’ll be.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

If the figures are true and it was circa 8k middle of last week that would suggest quite a few sent a message that the club would do well to heed moving forwards. Taking fans money for granted only ends one way.

• Like 9