IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

My personal opinion is that he obviously didn't like the process of how we changed Managers, and many of us felt the same, but oddly no matter whether we play well or badly the tone of posts were consistently the same

We've seen many Managers come and go before and will see many come and go in the future, to me it is time to move on, embrace  what is in front of you and hit reset in the off season

If you don't go to games, it would be odd not seeing posts next season on the game

It wasn't just the process of removing Pearson Phants. It was the whole communication from the club where they clearly lied to us. There is a lot of unrest within the fanbase about how the club is run and a few decent results on the pitch doesn't mean the club is now well run. 

They promised us communication would improve and I'd say by large it hasnt. We are still getting lied to by the club every now and then and I think even if results are good, it's still important to highlight these issues. Otherwise it would be fickle of me to only highlight these issues when we're doing badly. 

One min the club were saying we had the ability to get top 6/challange and now they're saying "we're about where we expected to be" 

I can't remember who once said this, maybe Ashton, maybe Jon but they said "when results on the pitch are good we get less complaints about issues" and I kinda get that people will complain more if they are pissed off. But the attitude at the club seems to be "if we can get results on the pitch then everything else will be ok" and im not sure that's the correct way to run a football club. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yes an agenda for the club to be the best it possibly can.

Sorry for wanting that. 

I don't think Manning is the right fit for this club, I may be proved wrong, I may be proved right. Who knows. The day I stop caring about what is best for this club is the day I die. I'm sorry that you can't seem to grasp that very simple concept. 

JL and BT will do their best to make him fit…

1 minute ago, East End Old Boy said:

Putting up prices for kids tickets?

yes but why not let new Sts?

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don't really understand how they've rectified that by not allowing new Sts?

We are gonna have to see aren’t we?

Would be good to know how many ST sold in SS for 23/24 season, versus for next season (24/25), and how many POTD that leaves.

Not that I’m in conversations with many fans, let alone SS ST holders with kids, but I haven’t seen much “traffic” on OTIB saying - I’ve relocated to the Lansdown family area. That’s not to say they haven’t, but I do wonder whether the thought of never getting a ST back in the SS might’ve persuaded some to suck up the price increases.

Out of interest, does anyone know the capacity of SS and how many ST holders there were last season?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Don't the club have to keep a certain number of tickets back for pay on the day anyway?

Let's say we have 22000 seats available for home fans, we'd probably be looking to max out at 18k season tickets and then leave the rest for general sale.

The issue with the south stand was the number of unused season tickets. From what I heard, despite being sold out it was at around 60% capacity on average, the club had to do something. Season tickets are still of huge importance for a club like ourselves, can't see there coming a time in the near future where we won't have them

I kinda felt like they went for the nuclear option by not selling any new season tickets. 

They needed to do something as clearly its not acceptable to have all those empty seats. 

But to increase the kids tickets and not sell new season tickets is a bit OTT imo. I was an advocate of a use it or lose it policy that many other clubs use. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Not that I’m in conversations with many fans, let alone SS ST holders with kids, but I haven’t seen much “traffic” on OTIB saying - I’ve relocated to the Lansdown family area. That’s not to say they haven’t, but I do wonder whether the thought of never getting a ST back in the SS might’ve persuaded some to suck up the price increases.

This. 

It's the only reason why I'm considering buying in the Dolman. Just to secure season tickets for the future. 

Who knows, maybe next season they won't sell new season tickets in the Dolman for example. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

Would be good to know how many ST sold in SS for 23/24 season, versus for next season (24/25), and how many POTD that leaves.

Out of interest, does anyone know the capacity of SS and how many ST holders there were last season?

To be honest that was a factor in renewing. I have to suck up the loss of attending because of 'SKY weekends' and have also lost a lot of interest in the club since October, so we will see how it goes. Hopefully I might feel better about it come August…

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Super said:

I wouldn't waste it on your nonsense.

Bless you Super. 

I suggest that maybe you get out in the real world. Learn some different cultures etc and gain an understanding that its OK for people to have differing opinions and no need to be writing things like "nonsense" 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

To be honest that was a factor in renewing. I have to suck up the loss of attending because of 'SKY weekends' and have also lost a lot of interest in the club since October, so we will see how it goes. Hopefully I might feel better about it come August…

Obviously we don't know how next season is going to pan out on the pitch. 

But let's just say we do about the same. 

I don't think people are quite aware of the impact the new TV deal will have on fixtures and that come next years renewals we will see a drop off because of the TV schedule. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I kinda felt like they went for the nuclear option by not selling any new season tickets. 

They needed to do something as clearly its not acceptable to have all those empty seats. 

But to increase the kids tickets and not sell new season tickets is a bit OTT imo. I was an advocate of a use it or lose it policy that many other clubs use. 

The issue with this is the cutthroat nature of it. If someone doesn't use their ST for three games due to holiday or illness, it feels harsh to rid them of their season ticket.

There's no perfect scenario, I guess the current one at least gives more of a chance of the south stand being closer to full next season, which can only be a good thing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't think people are quite aware of the impact the new TV deal will have on fixtures and that come next years renewals we will see a drop off because of the TV schedule. 

Just to check that you are balanced, did you post anything positive about the Norwich performance?

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

The issue with this is the cutthroat nature of it. If someone doesn't use their ST for three games due to holiday or illness, it feels harsh to rid them of their season ticket.

There's no perfect scenario, I guess the current one at least gives more of a chance of the south stand being closer to full next season, which can only be a good thing

I think there are many ways to do it. Miss 5 games in a row and you get your ticket deactivated for one game for example. Losing the seat would only happen following lots of periods of missed games. Pretty sure it's Brighton that does this. 

I think the big issue is these kids tickets. I don't think the increase will stop people buying them just to have a spare seat next to them. Because ultimately if they upgrade the shirt to an adults shirt then they are still only paying what 60 quid for the seat? 

Also there is the issue of adults are using these kids tickets. I've seen many people openly boast about it on various platforms. 

For the genuine people these people are spoiling it for them. 

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

Just to check that you are balanced, did you post anything positive about the Norwich performance?

No mate. Didn't watch it. Was engaged doing something else over the weekend. 

26 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yes an agenda for the club to be the best it possibly can.

Sorry for wanting that. 

I don't think Manning is the right fit for this club, I may be proved wrong, I may be proved right. Who knows. The day I stop caring about what is best for this club is the day I die. I'm sorry that you can't seem to grasp that very simple concept. 

If it goes wrong with Manning you will have every right to say I told you so, but I would hope that you would be brave enough to admit you were completely wrong if it goes well, my money is on you having to do the latter, I bet with us being the ONLY unbeaten Championship side in the last six games you are already thinking of ways of backing down because if we carry on being successful you will look a bit daft if you don't. 

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think the big issue is these kids tickets. I don't think the increase will stop people buying them just to have a spare seat next to them. Because ultimately if they upgrade the shirt to an adults shirt then they are still only paying what 60 quid for the seat? 

I still think removing the free shirt unless you are in the Family Area would have been a good option.

• Like 6

I think there are many ways to do it. Miss 5 games in a row and you get your ticket deactivated for one game for example. Losing the seat would only happen following lots of periods of missed games. Pretty sure it's Brighton that does this. 

If what you're trying to do is get people to use the seat, then incentivise that rather than punish the opposite.

Maybe a 1% discount on next season's ST for every game attended this season. Allows for a STholder to earn up to a 23% discount, and every STholder would earn something, even if they only attended a single game.

This also protects some of the income the club receives. Stripping someone of an ST creates a bad feeling between them and the Club, maybe they don't buy another ST, maybe they persuade someone else not to renew in protest. The club might lose that ST, and as we've not got a waiting list, nor a huge queue for POTD, we're relatively unlikely to recoup it elsewhere.

I'd be really interested to see whether Brighton actually see any impact from a policy such as you say they have.

29 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

JL and BT will do their best to make him fit…

yes but why not let new Sts?

I guess that once the higher priced kids tickets aren’t renewed, if this proves to be the case, opens availability for Members, hospitality and day trippers? Only a thought to utilise the seats and increase revenue!

13 minutes ago, pillred said:

If it goes wrong with Manning you will have every right to say I told you so, but I would hope that you would be brave enough to admit you were completely wrong if it goes well, my money is on you having to do the latter, I bet with us being the ONLY unbeaten Championship side in the last six games you are already thinking of ways of backing down because if we carry on being successful you will look a bit daft if you don't. 

It is possible for me to be happy with unbeaten in 6 but also be unhappy that we've under achieved this season. It's not linear. 

As I've said from the very start, I'll be the first to build a statue of Manning if he achieves success. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This. 

It's the only reason why I'm considering buying in the Dolman. Just to secure season tickets for the future. 

Who knows, maybe next season they won't sell new season tickets in the Dolman for example. 

It might be worth calling the club and asking if you can move back to the seats you had at the beginning of this season in the South Stand (or nearby if they've been sold) - would you have moved to the Lansdown mid-season if you knew you wouldn't be able to move back at the end of the season?

If common sense allows those currently in the South Stand to move to another seat in the South Stand, it might be extended for your circumstances

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

It might be worth calling the club and asking if you can move back to the seats you had at the beginning of this season in the South Stand (or nearby if they've been sold) - would you have moved to the Lansdown mid-season if you knew you wouldn't be able to move back at the end of the season?

If common sense allows those currently in the South Stand to move to another seat in the South Stand, it might be extended for your circumstances

Good idea. 

I had to move because of the people sat behind us and the club were very hesitant to deal with them. The easy option was to just move us. 

• Robin 1

Good idea. 

I had to move because of the people sat behind us and the club were very hesitant to deal with them. The easy option was to just move us. 

You said you were in the Lansdown?

People behind you a bit annoying, knew very little about football and chatted shit constantly?

Wasn’t these guys was it?

IMG_2943.jpeg

• Haha 13
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I was looking this morning at seats in the Dolman. It's still obviously more than I would have paid for a South stand season ticket but less than the Lansdown. 

What is going through my mind is the marketing spill of "only a limited number of sesson tickets on sale" "we don't want too many more season ticket holders" etc etc. 

So I'm sat here thinking I'd be annoyed if we did have success and then I was unable to buy a season ticket. 

I’ve cracked it mate. 
Buy one in the Family Stand, invent a phantom 8 year old in order to be eligible. Total £460. 
Then sit somewhere in the South Stand where there will always be an empty seat somewhere due to other phantom 8 year olds. 
😉

If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em!! 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’m one of those fans that’s in the category of having a ST along with my kids in the south stand and I’m not relocating. 

I must admit I was initially annoyed when the price announcement first came out as the kids tickets have doubled and we don’t get the home shirt now. We barely miss a game unless we’re away.

However I still had no intention of going to the upper Lansdown. Although I understand what the club are trying to do (I think), both the kids and I enjoy where we sit.  I’ve just had to suck it up and actually buy a couple of shirts from the club shop for once!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Were you at Mansfield? said:

I’m one of those fans that’s in the category of having a ST along with my kids in the south stand and I’m not relocating. 

I must admit I was initially annoyed when the price announcement first came out as the kids tickets have doubled and we don’t get the home shirt now. We barely miss a game unless we’re away.

However I still had no intention of going to the upper Lansdown. Although I understand what the club are trying to do (I think), both the kids and I enjoy where we sit.  I’ve just had to suck it up and actually buy a couple of shirts from the club shop for once!

Ta.

Is that because they’ve reached the age that they don’t get a shirt anymore?  If so, I imagine they’re at an age where the SS is mire where they’d wanna be anyway?

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Don't the club have to keep a certain number of tickets back for pay on the day anyway?

Let's say we have 22000 seats available for home fans, we'd probably be looking to max out at 18k season tickets and then leave the rest for general sale.

The issue with the south stand was the number of unused season tickets. From what I heard, despite being sold out it was at around 60% capacity on average, the club had to do something. Season tickets are still of huge importance for a club like ourselves, can't see there coming a time in the near future where we won't have them

Yeah, that situation was untenable.

It probably looked worse than it was because a number of supporters invoked the free upgrade to unattended seats in other parts of the ground.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Ta.

Is that because they’ve reached the age that they don’t get a shirt anymore?  If so, I imagine they’re at an age where the SS is mire where they’d wanna be anyway?

One has just crossed into the higher category so accept that’s just life, but one is still ‘under 12’. In answer to your question,  yes it suits them better. We’re only a few blocks from section 82 and they like the atmosphere (one to debate on another topic!), and we like who we sit by.

I guess if my kids were a few years younger, maybe I would have been more open to relocating.

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We will. I suspect the FSF will do a survey to help quantify the impact of this. Apart from people not attending, it will also cause major inconvenience to some fans. That this isn't recognised by the other 'stakeholders' shows that the pursuit of the dollar (or pound) trumps all in modern professional football.

• Like 1