IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

On 25/04/2024 at 12:33, pillred said:

If it goes wrong with Manning you will have every right to say I told you so, but I would hope that you would be brave enough to admit you were completely wrong if it goes well, my money is on you having to do the latter, I bet with us being the ONLY unbeaten Championship side in the last six games you are already thinking of ways of backing down because if we carry on being successful you will look a bit daft if you don't. 

We were shit and he said so 

We've had a few good games and he has said so. 

I don't see what is daft about that.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

We were shit and he said so 

We've had a few good games and he has said so. 

I don't see what is daft about that.

Any praise has been through gritted teeth and always with caveats, he has said he will admit he was wrong if we carry on our form, but again I feel he will be looking for the slightest dip in form or results to revert to type, he has been almost non-stop moaning since manning started, and in my eyes at least has been myopic. 

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Any praise has been through gritted teeth and always with caveats, he has said he will admit he was wrong if we carry on our form, but again I feel he will be looking for the slightest dip in form or results to revert to type, he has been almost non-stop moaning since manning started, and in my eyes at least has been myopic. 

Conjecture on your part, to be fair.

He doesn't rate Manning. Nor do I. But I will be happy to be proved wrong. 

The reason that I won't give the club another penny of my money is the people that own it. 

My problem lies with three people above Manning. 

I think he is the same tbh.

• Like 2

The reason that I won't give the club another penny of my money is the people that own it. 

So you won't be watching any streams etc. then ?

10 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

1. 12k+

2. Two reasons: They are trying to increase bums on seats, seeing as the South Stand attendances have been hugely under capacity for many games, with all tickets sold to ST holders (as in Sold Out). Also gives us cheaper POTD alternative.

3. I think some people got the wrong end of the stick. Ain't no way the Club would limit ST sales below the proscribed limit (there have to be a certain percent of POTD tickets available.)

Waits for people to disagree ...

Gavin Marshall did say that we are looking to not have too many more season ticket holders than we currently have. 

You can't reason with these people mate. 

They consider genuine concern about how the club is run as an 'agenda' 

Apparently we all have to tow the line on a forum and must only post positive things. 

These people are incapable of any sort of critical thinking. 

Ultimately we have at the very most, stagnated this season. We all expected progression this season and I don't think there is any Bristol City fan that can genuinely say we have progressed this season. 

Ultimately that falls upon those who run the club but also Manning must take responsibility for that too because we have not progressed under him. 

6 games unbeaten is great, but it happened at a time where it is meaningless. No one wants to talk about the bad runs, when it actually mattered, because that doesn't suit their narrative. 

If people rate Manning, fair play. You won't see me trolling them because of their support of Manning. Yet some people just can't help themselves because I don't rate him and I don't think he is the guy to take us forward. But apparently I'm not allowed to have those opinions. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 5
  • Flames 3
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Apparently we all have to tow the line on a forum and must only post positive things. 

Ultimately we have at the very most, stagnated this season. We all expected progression this season and I don't think there is any Bristol City fan that can genuinely say we have progressed this season. 

Ultimately that falls upon those who run the club but also Manning must take responsibility for that too because we have not progressed under him. 

6 games unbeaten is great, but it happened at a time where it is meaningless. No one wants to talk about the bad runs, when it actually mattered, because that doesn't suit their narrative. 

If people rate Manning, fair play. You won't see me trolling them because of their support of Manning. Yet some people just can't help themselves because I don't rate him and I don't think he is the guy to take us forward. But apparently I'm not allowed to have those opinions. 

Spot on.  I’m starting to see signs of progression but we’ll only know if that’s realised in the first 10 games of next season and if I’m wrong I’m wrong.

It’s a forum, we’re allowed to have different opinions without becoming Sherlock Holmes and assuming it’s because of an X or Y agenda and especially not becoming personal about it. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

6 games unbeaten with nothing to play for apart from finishing position. The pressures off just look when the pressure was on manning! That's what concerns me,The pressure comes back on next season from day one let's see how he handles it.

As for the owners well over 20 years of stupid football decisions nothings going to change. Repeat repeat repeat.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You are totally allowed to have those opinions, but then it’s all about balance.

You’re a constant presence on match day threads, post match threads etc when we’ve lost or played poorly. For comparison, you made 18 posts during and after the Sunderland game, commenting on how poor we were (which was deserved) but then made 4 during and after Blackburn, none of which were positive, because you struggled to find anything to use against Manning.

It’s all well and good talking about other people’s narrative whilst not realise how strong yours is. If you were more balanced and capable of supporting us when we do well as well as when we are crap then you wouldn’t receive some of the reactions you get

• Like 10
  • Flames 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, The Fat Controller said:

It's not though, is it? If we'd gone 6 without winning would you have described them as meaningless?

Just for context on the ‘meaningless’ nature of those 6 games.

If we’d lost all 6, we’d currently be a point off the drop zone, with one win in 12 and a very real possibility of relegation. Would they have been meaningless then @W-S-M Seagull?

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

53 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

If we’d lost all 6, we’d currently be a point off the drop zone, with one win in 12 and a very real possibility of relegation. Would they have been meaningless then @W-S-M Seagull?

Yep, and they certainly weren't meaningless for Manning, who was under pressure at that stage.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Yep, and they certainly weren't meaningless for Manning, who was under pressure at that stage.

yeah, don't agree they were meaningless in fairness WSMS.

I think had they not improved there would be some serious conversations happening above.  Possibly more along the lines of how do we make this work, ie spend in the summer.

Had it gone disastrously, ie lose 5 out of 6, I think he might not have made the summer.

But it hasn't, form (can I use that word?) has turned around and recovered a position to 'respectable'....just needs to continue this now.

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

You are totally allowed to have those opinions, but then it’s all about balance.

You’re a constant presence on match day threads, post match threads etc when we’ve lost or played poorly. For comparison, you made 18 posts during and after the Sunderland game, commenting on how poor we were (which was deserved) but then made 4 during and after Blackburn, none of which were positive, because you struggled to find anything to use against Manning.

It’s all well and good talking about other people’s narrative whilst not realise how strong yours is. If you were more balanced and capable of supporting us when we do well as well as when we are crap then you wouldn’t receive some of the reactions you get

Of course Blackburn was a midweek home game where as Sunderland was a Saturday 3pm game which I watched a live stream of. 

My narrative is that I do not think Manning is the right fit for this club. I don't hide away from that. And there is nothing wrong with me having those views. Just like there is nothing wrong with someone thinking he is the right fit for us. 

I did write positive things after Blackburn. I did write positive things after other wins. I was leading the play off charge after the Southampton win so let's not try and create a false narrative here. 

Yes there has some been some good moments but overall we have under achieved this season and I'm perfectly entitled to call that out. As I've said many times, it's perfectly possible to be happy with a 5 nil win but still be unhappy with the overall bigger picture. 

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

yeah, don't agree they were meaningless in fairness WSMS.

I think had they not improved there would be some serious conversations happening above.  Possibly more along the lines of how do we make this work, ie spend in the summer.

Had it gone disastrously, ie lose 5 out of 6, I think he might not have made the summer.

But it hasn't, form (can I use that word?) has turned around and recovered a position to 'respectable'....just needs to continue this now.

Yeah almost every manager is under scrutiny after 5 defeats in 6 games. Football is brutal like that. Just because there wasn't top end or bottom end pressure, the Club would have been feeling it, and that's a big reason for the Swansea game. A management team under pressure, players lower on confidence, and a palpable sense of relief afterwards which led into a different mindset, and therefore different results.

I'm not justifying the cautiousness, which did my head in that day, but that's the context that feulled it imo (and Manning has pretty much confirmed that). 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Of course Blackburn was a midweek home game where as Sunderland was a Saturday 3pm game which I watched a live stream of. 

My narrative is that I do not think Manning is the right fit for this club. I don't hide away from that. And there is nothing wrong with me having those views. Just like there is nothing wrong with someone thinking he is the right fit for us. 

I did write positive things after Blackburn. I did write positive things after other wins. I was leading the play off charge after the Southampton win so let's not try and create a false narrative here. 

Yes there has some been some good moments but overall we have under achieved this season and I'm perfectly entitled to call that out. As I've said many times, it's perfectly possible to be happy with a 5 nil win but still be unhappy with the overall bigger picture. 

It's not just that example though is it? (Although if you'd wanted to watch a live stream of the Blackburn match, as you hadn't gone yourself, it would have been very easy.) 

Leicester at home, we beat the team who have just been promoted, you manage to find every negative avenue about the performance, at no stage finding anything positive. Plymouth away, we win and yet you're negative about the formation. Blackburn at home you disappear because there was nothing to be negative about.

'Leading the play off charge' is just not true is it? In fact, post Southampton you commented on the fact that us being 4 points off the play offs was disappointing because of the points we'd dropped elsewhere. 

It's fine to have a negative outlook on the club right now, you certainly aren't alone in that. What every other poster is able to do is balance that out by being positive when things go well. If you did that, as much as it may work against your biases, you may find people to be more receptive of your point of view

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Surely if the team play well and  win then that is the bare minimum metric. Fewer people will have something to say or praise because that is the expected outcome. Fall below that even a win playing boring football is going to draw more comments and an amount of criticism.

The balance you refer to isn't as simple as win / lose = similar amount of praise  / criticism.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Surely if the team play well and  win then that is the bare minimum metric. Fewer people will have something to say or praise because that is the expected outcome. Fall below that even a win playing boring football is going to draw more comments and an amount of criticism.

The balance you refer to isn't as simple as win / lose = similar amount of praise  / criticism.

I agree, but when 95% of what someone writes is negative, even after a victory, then it's only fair they're questioned about it.

It's very easy to constantly criticise and expect perfection, but the best posters on here are the ones who are able to balance that with a level of positivity, which certain posters seem to struggle with

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It's not just that example though is it? (Although if you'd wanted to watch a live stream of the Blackburn match, as you hadn't gone yourself, it would have been very easy.) 

Leicester at home, we beat the team who have just been promoted, you manage to find every negative avenue about the performance, at no stage finding anything positive. Plymouth away, we win and yet you're negative about the formation. Blackburn at home you disappear because there was nothing to be negative about.

'Leading the play off charge' is just not true is it? In fact, post Southampton you commented on the fact that us being 4 points off the play offs was disappointing because of the points we'd dropped elsewhere. 

It's fine to have a negative outlook on the club right now, you certainly aren't alone in that. What every other poster is able to do is balance that out by being positive when things go well. If you did that, as much as it may work against your biases, you may find people to be more receptive of your point of view

Mate stop lying. Can't engage with someone who is telling outright lies. 

What ever you're trying to portray, it's not a good look for yourself. I raise legitimate concerns and I expect high performance. Nothing wrong with that. 

I do post positive things when it's warranted, you just ignore that as it doesn't suit what you're trying to do. 

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Mate stop lying. Can't engage with someone who is telling outright lies. 

What ever you're trying to portray, it's not a good look for yourself. I raise legitimate concerns and I expect high performance. Nothing wrong with that. 

I do post positive things when it's warranted, you just ignore that as it doesn't suit what you're trying to do. 

You do raise legitimate concerns, but you also fail to raise any legitimate points of praise as well. If you're only capable of doing one, then fine, but that's not a narrative on my part.

If you could point any lies I've told I'd be grateful as well

• Like 1

On 27/04/2024 at 09:21, JBFC II said:

Likewise - if we'd have followed up that Southampton win with wins against the beatable trio of QPR, Sheff Weds & Cardiff, with all other results being the same, then we'd be going into the final game just 1 point off the play-offs.

We aren't a million miles away from challenging. 

• Like 4