IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

They should absolutely give the facts when selling season tickets.  What % of games will be on a Saturday at 3pm (in fairness, I don’t include games moved by the police in that ask) 

I read that championship clubs could expect to be on the TV in about 23 games. Assuming that's 50/50 for home and away then it's seems likely we will have 11 or 12 home games affected. So that's around 50%

I may be totally wrong so best check the EFL TV deal details on their website 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

They should absolutely give the facts when selling season tickets.  What % of games will be on a Saturday at 3pm (in fairness, I don’t include games moved by the police in that ask) 

One positive is that we will know all TV matches (and I presume kick off times) to early Jan ‘before the start of the season’. It would be helpful if they could set this in stone as soon as the fixtures are announced in June. 

“Increased notice for fans 

With the substantial increase in the number of live matches, Sky Sports and the EFL will introduce a new commitment for clubs and fans which will provide longer notice periods on TV selections. The defined notice periods will enable clubs and fans to plan further in advance and this will include the placement of all live matches selected for broadcast for the period to FA Cup third round before the start of the season. Greater parity in the number of times that clubs are selected for TV coverage is also guaranteed.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I read that championship clubs could expect to be on the TV in about 23 games. Assuming that's 50/50 for home and away then it's seems likely we will have 11 or 12 home games affected. So that's around 50%

I may be totally wrong so best check the EFL TV deal details on their website 

Yes it was 23 matches mentioned -although that was stated to be ‘on average’. That’s the working assumption though, but as you say, we won’t know the home or away split until they are announced.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

can see now how crowds went to 3 or 4 thousand in only 2 years early 80s ......going to be same soon listening all the fickleness on ere,,,,,,,,

Range of factors tbh.

Attendances fell across the board mix of hooliganism going too far putting some off and perhaps increased unemployment in certain regions, plus dropping 3 divisions in 3 years didn't help.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes it was 23 matches mentioned -although that was stated to be ‘on average’. That’s the working assumption though, but as you say, we won’t know the home or away split until they are announced.

So we all commit to a season ticket in march April so what happens after that soon as fixtures are released which is mid summer I recall they will be moved all over the place which then means we can't make games so just makes having a season ticket an absolute mockery.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 8

Just now, Ashton Fete said:

I’ll renew as I always do but one things for sure, the attendance today and overall crowd reaction during last few games will have the club very worried

Given that we won the game I think it is no bad thing, with Steve in attendance, that they got both the pitiful attendance and crowd reaction they did today. Bristol Sport and our hierarchy may be full of soundbites but as you hint at the club will be very and uncomfortably aware of how the punters are feeling after today.

• Like 2

How will the televised matches affect midweek games? Presumably shift them by a day and make it an 8pm kick off rather than 7.45. It’s messing with the Saturday afternoon routine that’s a real pain. And anyway 23 televised games is an average. So that’s Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton on 35+ televised games and whoever of Ipswich or Southampton fails to get promoted, while given even our own fans aren’t that keen on watching us right now, while Manning is here we will likely only be televised 10 times at most next season!

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Given that we won the game I think it is no bad thing, with Steve in attendance, that they got both the pitiful attendance and crowd reaction they did today. Bristol Sport and our hierarchy may be full of soundbites but as you hint at the club will be very and uncomfortably aware of how the punters are feeling after today.

They can’t not. I’ve not seen anything like today for a long time.

At one point I was wondering if there was a collective boycott in protest or something. 

4 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

They can’t not. I’ve not seen anything like today for a long time.

At one point I was wondering if there was a collective boycott in protest or something. 

No, the ground is normally quite empty then last 5-10 minutes it fills up very quickly. Today we got to ten minutes before and empty, five minutes before and still empty and then the players come out and it's still empty and you know that's the crowd for today.

44 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

How will the televised matches affect midweek games? Presumably shift them by a day and make it an 8pm kick off rather than 7.45. It’s messing with the Saturday afternoon routine that’s a real pain. And anyway 23 televised games is an average. So that’s Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton on 35+ televised games and whoever of Ipswich or Southampton fails to get promoted, while given even our own fans aren’t that keen on watching us right now, while Manning is here we will likely only be televised 10 times at most next season!

"The new deal includes an agreement that there is a more equal spread of club picks"

8 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

"The new deal includes an agreement that there is a more equal spread of club picks"

But as we know some clubs are more equal than others. If Forest and Everton come down they'll be on every other week with a different opposition.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Midred said:

But as we know some clubs are more equal than others. If Forest and Everton come down they'll be on every other week with a different opposition.

Quite possibly, but that still leaves 4 other fixtures per weekend. Until the TV games are announced we're none the wiser.🤷🏻‍♂️

Communicated to my group today that I'm unlikely to renew next season for the first time in 20 years. It just feels like a chore and an obligation, like going to work. I'm not enjoying it and it puts me in a bad mood if we play like we have been and lose. I don't mind us being beaten by better sides if we put up a fight but there's nothing. It's not front foot, high press, attacking football. It's not even the quick breaking, counter attacking football we did have. I pay for entertainment. It's not entertaining. 

Sticking with the work analogy, I'd love an exit interview 

• Like 5

If the deal is going to shaft us onto Sunday lunchtimes or afternoons up to 50% of the time then I will re consider. The benefit of being perennial underachievers is that you get to watch football mostly at its traditional time. I will seriously consider non league as an alternative if this is the case. Bad for fans, for business in the area, for pretty much everybody except the broadcasters.

• Like 1

New TV deal meaning less 3pm Saturday games is the big thing for me. 
I've watched all sorts of crap over 50 odd years and what the team is doing rarely impacts on if I go or not.
I don't like night games. I don't like early kickoffs , though they are better. I don't like Sunday games .
I am seriously thinking about if it's worth it. A big thing is not being able to get away tickets, but to be honest paying best part of £600 quid and not being able to plan your weekends is shit IMO. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eardun said:

One positive is that we will know all TV matches (and I presume kick off times) to early Jan ‘before the start of the season’. It would be helpful if they could set this in stone as soon as the fixtures are announced in June. 

“Increased notice for fans 

With the substantial increase in the number of live matches, Sky Sports and the EFL will introduce a new commitment for clubs and fans which will provide longer notice periods on TV selections. The defined notice periods will enable clubs and fans to plan further in advance and this will include the placement of all live matches selected for broadcast for the period to FA Cup third round before the start of the season. Greater parity in the number of times that clubs are selected for TV coverage is also guaranteed.”

They do exactly this for Rugby. All dates were published with fixtures up to mid January.  Gives people opportunity to request shift patterns etc or make alternative arrangements etc

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

New TV deal meaning less 3pm Saturday games is the big thing for me. 
I've watched all sorts of crap over 50 odd years and what the team is doing rarely impacts on if I go or not.
I don't like night games. I don't like early kickoffs , though they are better. I don't like Sunday games .
I am seriously thinking about if it's worth it. A big thing is not being able to get away tickets, but to be honest paying best part of £600 quid and not being able to plan your weekends is shit IMO. 

Cheer up 1960m - today’s game wasn’t that bad…………..:)

Edited by Robbored

5 hours ago, blockbrowt1 said:

Was there before the Lansdowns and will be there when they've gone. God willing of course 😁

I've seen worse teams than this and worse financial times but the reasons were that nobody with real cash was there at the time. If any real City supporter had the £ billions that he has,they wouldn't worry about the spending £10 million per year in a way that he seems to.

As for renewing ST. I'm 81 in July, and have physically supported City since 1950. But the shambles of the last five months of backwards and sideways tactics sending most of us to sleep, tells me it's time to call it a day and that I should find other ways of spending my time while I'm still well and active.

• Like 6
  • Robin 2

6 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

If they try to make us commit to a ST to keep our seats, before we even know the terms of the TV deal and the range of KO times, that’ll be really taking the piss.

It’s all very well the club wanting to get your money in the bank as early as they can, but with the uncertainty around the TV schedule, the only fair option is delay imposing the seat reservation deadline until we know what we’re committing to.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dredd said:

Communicated to my group today that I'm unlikely to renew next season for the first time in 20 years. It just feels like a chore and an obligation, like going to work. I'm not enjoying it and it puts me in a bad mood if we play like we have been and lose. I don't mind us being beaten by better sides if we put up a fight but there's nothing. It's not front foot, high press, attacking football. It's not even the quick breaking, counter attacking football we did have. I pay for entertainment. It's not entertaining. 

Sticking with the work analogy, I'd love an exit interview 

I can totally relate to how you feel. 

Yesterday I didn't leave Weston until 11:50. Somehow I still managed to make it for kick off. But I just wasn't feeling it at all. 

I think I need a season or two off to see if I can get the excitement back. 

12 hours ago, The Bard said:

5 of each weekend's matches won't be 3pm.

Just hope that we are on Fridays. Sunday at lunchtime is awful 

Can someone please explain what is happening regarding television next season. If this has already been discussed under another topic, then please can you let me know the topic title.

Thanks