IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

On 10/03/2024 at 18:51, Barrs Court Red said:

They should absolutely give the facts when selling season tickets.  What % of games will be on a Saturday at 3pm (in fairness, I don’t include games moved by the police in that ask) 

More coppers than fans yesterday.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

I understand your sentiment, but this is where the solution lies.

I know, I know. Lansdown, when it comes right down to it (dare I say, in his DNA), is a money man, not a football man. It’s the only language he really understands and responds to, in the end.

But I AM a football man. I’m also getting into my late seventies and can’t know ho many more seasons I will see. So am I to walk away, in order to force SL’s hand in some way? And how, exactly? How many other supporters will be willing to do likewise? How many would it take to have an impact on the owner’s behaviour? Do we actually believe that a drastic fall in the number of people attending will actually bring about change, given that they appear to be incapable of making a sound decision? It’s not as simplistic as your comment implies, though I’m with you in spirit.

• Like 16
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

Reckon they put Tinnion on radio Bristol tonight to try and get people on board for next season before a price announcement tomorrow? That's backfired 

Yes I was thinking an announcement must be imminent.

I wonder how many have already made their minds up, how many will almost immediately make their final decision once they see the numbers in black and white and how many will sit on it until the last possible day.

This time last year I was very enthusiastic at renewing and so disappointed I’ve fallen back into that weird feeling of reluctantly shelling out £560 for something that’s supposed to be fun. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

I know, I know. Lansdown, when it comes right down to it (dare I say, in his DNA), is a money man, not a football man. It’s the only language he really understands and responds to, in the end.

But I AM a football man. I’m also getting into my late seventies and can’t know ho many more seasons I will see. So am I to walk away, in order to force SL’s hand in some way? And how, exactly? How many other supporters will be willing to do likewise? How many would it take to have an impact on the owner’s behaviour? Do we actually believe that a drastic fall in the number of people attending will actually bring about change, given that they appear to be incapable of making a sound decision? It’s not as simplistic as your comment implies, though I’m with you in spirit.

Completely understandable. 

Let me give you another option. 

If you are worried about waning years, maybe find something more fulfilling until the club is run in a way that gives us all pleasure again. 

Just an option. 

I wish you happiness.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

New TV deal will be an extra £2-2.5m I thought. Decent but not ground-breaking.

And as it’s more or less the same for each Championship club it just means that the overheads /wages will go up . 
I doubt we will be any better off and can’t see the club reducing ticket prices so , as we were really. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

And as it’s more or less the same for each Championship club it just means that the overheads /wages will go up . 
I doubt we will be any better off and can’t see the club reducing ticket prices so , as we were really. 

Yes true..what will or could change will he if the new proposed Wage Rules actually come in.

Revenue £x

Football Wages, Player Amortisation and Impairment, Agents Fees=70%.

Maybe season tickets and tickets medium term could fall..but that won't impact 2024-25 or any time soon.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This Cliff, this.

When my dad was given the news that his cancer was terminal it was in the Covid period. I remember him crying, and one of the things him saying was that he’d never get to Ashton Gate again. And he didn’t - he was gone before the grounds reopened. His name and memory for me is all over the ground though and I feel closer to him there than anywhere else.

It’s what you love. And it’ll be what you love irrespective of what’s served up because it’s a huge part of your life. I’d renew if I were you, come what may.

Great post that mate so very true , it’s more than just football, memories of people you meet special matches we all remember for different reasons 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This Cliff, this.

When my dad was given the news that his cancer was terminal it was in the Covid period. I remember him crying, and one of the things him saying was that he’d never get to Ashton Gate again. And he didn’t - he was gone before the grounds reopened. His name and memory for me is all over the ground though and I feel closer to him there than anywhere else.

It’s what you love. And it’ll be what you love irrespective of what’s served up because it’s a huge part of your life. I’d renew if I were you, come what may.

Reading that was genuinely really affecting. It also goes to the heart of the issue, in every sense. Weighing up financial arguments against emotional factors that are impossible to quantify is, well…. Impossible. I’m truly sorry about your Dad. 

• Like 6
  • Robin 2

7 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Reading that was genuinely really affecting. It also goes to the heart of the issue, in every sense. Weighing up financial arguments against emotional factors that are impossible to quantify is, well…. Impossible. I’m truly sorry about your Dad. 

Absolutely. 

I want everybody to stand against what is going on at the moment. 

But our circumstances are all different. 

You do what makes you happy. 👍

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Why not join Senior Reds Cliff. Make new friends with a shared love of the club. Some who go home and away to every game. Some who go to every home game, some go occasionally and some who no longer go. It's a good mix. Ex players such as Geoff M and Paul C and Tom R are regulars and if you talked to the right person you would know exactly why Nige was sacked.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

and if you talked to the right person you would know exactly why Nige was sacked.

do you thinkthere are many in this position?  weve been through so many scenarios on here the truth must be amongst it, even if the poster didnt know if it was true.  

it will come out one day and i dont think it will be good reading but there will be a period of time before that happens so it wont seem quite as damning

9 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Why not join Senior Reds Cliff. Make new friends with a shared love of the club. Some who go home and away to every game. Some who go to every home game, some go occasionally and some who no longer go. It's a good mix. Ex players such as Geoff M and Paul C and Tom R are regulars and if you talked to the right person you would know exactly why Nige was sacked.

Thanks for that, mate. I’ll certainly bear it in mind. I do already lead a fairly busy social life and, in addition to the guys with whom I attend games, I regularly rub shoulders with quite a few fellow supporters of a similar age through my walking football activities. I was aware of the Senior Reds but have never really thought about joining. I wouldn’t rule it out, though, especially with that little tempter you threw in at the end there! (Wouldn’t we all like to know what went on there?)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The more often that you reduce the quality of the product and increase the price you charge for it, the sooner the tipping point will come.  This is particularly true during a cost of living crisis.

This is where I'm at. 

Spend a grand a year and go 23 days of the year and for what? Sunday was horrendous. 

We self sabotaged ourselves to appoint a Head coach who is apparently learning on the job.

I'm sick to my stomach of having to pay to watch another work in progress. I could buy in before but as this is self inflicted I just can't. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This is where I'm at. 

Spend a grand a year and go 23 days of the year and for what? Sunday was horrendous. 

We self sabotaged ourselves to appoint a Head coach who is apparently learning on the job.

I'm sick to my stomach of having to pay to watch another work in progress. I could buy in before but as this is self inflicted I just can't. 

Yes, somehow this feels different this time. Last time I felt this angry and disconnected towards the club was after Cotts was sacked, and then when SL told me to put up and shut up re LJ.  
It’s all self inflicted, they can’t point to the fans for any of this.

Thanks Brian, you made my mind up for me last night.

Membership plus a few away games at the start of the season and possibly half season ticket if you ,Manning, preferably both are gone by November.

Hard to contemplate I won’t renew after supporting the club well over 50 years and a season ticket holder since 1990 

But sadly quite few my friends are not renewing and in some ways this pushes me the same way. 

I/We really haven’t enjoyed the past few seasons and living in East Bristol the traffic is a pain in the arse getting to and from AG. 

And we hear nothing from the owners about the direction the club is going in so why should we fork out another £500.00 for a season ticket  

Listening to Brian Tinnion on SOTC and him saying we are not in a position to match Coventry in terms of spend is not what any of us fans want to hear  

And to expect to be 10 points better off next season than we are now does nothing for enthusiasm  

I/We want to be in the mix for promotion  

I think the club are in for a shock with season ticket sales, I honestly think they will drop by 25%  

Sad really

• Like 1

...until we have a board in place that knows how to run a football club ..simple!!

Really have no future as it stands and really sad as have loyally supported 65 years!

If many withold their renewals they may finally think again about about creating a structure that focuses on the football and not the whims of the few unqualified who are running it at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

No doubt the season ticket sale is coming soon. 

Who from the board will front it with a speech as to why we should renew? 

I’m just waiting for the usual - ah, well we hadn’t really considered that - followed by back-track.  We have a supporters trust, why not stop paying lip-service to them!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m just waiting for the usual - ah, well we hadn’t really considered that - followed by back-track.  We have a supporters trust, why not stop paying lip-service to them!

I know 

Fobbed off again 

Honestly don’t think the fans will put up with it this time 

14 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

I'm the same as you. 81 in July, supporting City has been a very significant part of my life. I'm giving up my ST for Bears as travel to Bristol is more tiring every year.

As for City, I've always jokingly said that when I can't go to games, screw the lid down and light the fire. But I never expected that we'd have such a sad bunch running the club as SL, baby SL Tinman and Manning. I don't want to see my eighth relegation so am seriously thinking of  not renewing.

• Like 2